Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

3t2 Rabbit Hole Project

nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
edited October 2015 in The Sims 2
Before TS4 came out I converted the Sunset Valley City Hall into a playable building for TS2. Now I want to do a couple more buildings. Today I designed the Central Park (with some hiccups as I can't get tables to work at diagonals :confounded: I think I'll change the chess tables near the fountain to sculptures so that it is still authentic, but then I'll add 2 chessboards elsewhere.
Post edited by nanashi-sims on

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :D

Sounds Cool! You should show pictures. :)
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    Yeah, I'm interested in seeing this.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I am too!
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    Thanks, I'll post the park in a moment. I used to have pics of my city hall posted on my old tumblr, but I deleted that site and came here to follow TS4 thinking that I would port my TS2 game into an upgraded platform :unamused: Give me a second to pull them up and upload them to my website.
  • Options
    Okay, here is my old city hall preview. I'm doing an alternate neighbourhood (where my community lots are built by me rather than downloaded), so now the park is in front of it and there are no other buildings :relaxed:
    main_preview.jpg

• Options
    And the following pics are floor plans.
    ground_floor_plan_preview.jpg
    first_floor_plan_preview.jpg
    city_hall_second_floor_preview.jpg

• Options
    And a couple details of layout from my favourite shots.
    entrance_preview.jpg
    registration_and_taxation_02.jpg
    02-more_offices_and_more.jpg
  • Options
    I just realised that I used the wrong fence for my park... and it's almost 2 AM, so I'll have to fix it tomorrow and post the park screenshots then :sleepy:
  • Options
    Ah, one more day of work before I can relax! So looking forward to the short holiday. B)

central_park-main.jpg

Details and notes forthcoming...
  • Options
    The fountain area and picnic area are the reasons I was asking about diagonals. Unfortunately, diagonal tables don't work in TS2. I didn't want to remove them though, so I left them and used the moveobjects and setquartertileplacement cheats to place the chairs.

fountain_area-01.jpg

However, when I tested the lot with my sim, he kept insisting on playing the chessboards and since my hacks aren't installed, he threw a fit every time :sweat: So I cloned the tables and made them deco. When I put my lot into actual game play mode, then I'll use walk around/through OMSP under the deco table so that sims will at least use the chairs for comfort. The bench works, so I should be able to get some decent game play shots in that area.

fountain_area-02.jpg
  • Options
    Hi - It looks Awesome, I love it. :+1::mrgreen:
  • Options
    Thank you very much for your feedback :relaxed: I wasn't sure if anyone would look at this thread, so I really appreciate you taking the time to do so!

The next post is the picnic area.

Again, I had trouble with the diagonals, but unlike the fountain area, I really wanted these benches to be functional, so I had to compromise and turn them horizontal. It takes trick shot angles to make them look diagonal in photos. But, I'm really really happy with my 3t2 picnic table conversion and plan to use them in future projects like at my sims university or outside at a local restaurant.

central_park_picnic_area.jpg
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Oh I love that, the park especially, it looks marvelous! :D
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    You worked on it and it shows. :D

I like the picnic table, too. Are you sharing them: the lots and the CC?
  • Options
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    You worked on it and it shows. :D

I like the picnic table, too. Are you sharing them: the lots and the CC?

I am trying to update my website this week.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I would really love these in my game! Good work! I hope you do share them with us here who still love the TS2 and still play! looks great!
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Alpal425Alpal425 Posts: 198 Member
    Do the library next! :)
    thedoctor.gif
  • Options
    Alpal425 wrote: »

Working on Mirabello Plaza (Divisadero's Discount Bookstore) right now :relaxed:

• Options

Working on Mirabello Plaza (Divisadero's Discount Bookstore) right now :relaxed:

Awesome! :D After that.. then the library? :blush: Are you going to make the whole town? That would be so very B). I would love to see that!

These are so awesome! You are like the "SimGuru of Building"! Please make more!!

thedoctor.gif
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    OMG awesome! Great job.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    rbridges430rbridges430 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Love it! I need it in my town in ts2!
  • Options

Awesome! :D After that.. then the library? :blush: Are you going to make the whole town? That would be so very B). I would love to see that!

These are so awesome! You are like the "SimGuru of Building"! Please make more!!

Thank you. I am not sure about building the whole town, since I have to design the inside of the rabbit holes and make sure that TS2 sims are able to do the same (or more) activities in each lot that TS3 sims would be able to do and that requires creating and modding my own CC or finding the right mods that are cloneable. Converting the whole town would probably take me as long as translating the Mahabharata into pig-Latin :disagree: But I'll try to do as much as possible. I will definitely examine the library though.
  • Options
    HumybyrdHumybyrd Posts: 2 New Member
    I would love to see your website. Your pictures are incredible.
  • Options
    No updates yet? :(
    thedoctor.gif