Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Isn't it against the rules of the forum...

Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
To post about third party sites? Hmmmmm.......*confused*

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi, @Bear31 :)

Not that I know about. It's th content of the link at the site....
    - Do not link to, request, or discuss content that may raise the game rating to an "M". This includes linking to teen pregnancy hacks, nude hacks, etc.
    You are welcome to share links for custom content, hacks, and mods as long as they do not raise the T for Teen rating.
  • Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    edited November 2014
    @Rflong7........yeah, I did read that.........hmmm. I asked and she said that we ought to flag people for posting advertisements for third party sites........so I am just going off that.
    Post edited by Bear31 on
    It depends on what you and ceejay mean by advertisements for 3rd party sites? Are the ads in their signature? I don't think there is anything wrong with ads in posts or signatures or in a topic about linking sites. I guess it depends. Are they OT in a topic?

I did answer your question though, right? Or did I miss read it- that happens. :)
    edited November 2014
    Yeah you did @Rflong7 lol........I think that any sort of advertisements........whether its just mentioning it or linking it is against TOS if I had read right what CeeJay had mentioned to me when I asked her the same thing.
    Post edited by Bear31 on
    Then that has to be wrong. EA hasn't said that over the years. They've allowed many people to link to their sights and post ads- as long as it was on topic, in their their signatures, in their own posts... and now in the OT section. :)

But, I'm not a moderator. :)
    Huh, interesting.......oh well......it barely crops up anyway. Just thought I'd ask. :) Hope you are doing well today!
    I could be wrong but I never saw them say that- only if the person is spamming it or bumping their topic too much...

Thank you for asking, I'm doing okay. Hope you're doing well, too! :mrgreen:
    I am having a good day!! :) I am hungry and I need to get to the gym though, so its time to move it move it!! LOL!!
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,277 Member
    edited November 2014
    Just going to add my 2 cents to the topic... :)

Now there is a rule about making several threads to advertise a site. That might be where the confusion is coming from, I don't know but I'm just taking a stab at it... ;) It's okay to advertise a link to a site someone made just as long as they don't make several threads to spam it in.

"- Do not create multiple threads for one topic or post your thread in every category. This includes spamming advertisements of your website. Simply choose the one most fitting for your post. Try to include all your points in a single thread. You may post a link to your website once or twice, but not repeatedly. You can also advertise your website in your signature or Profile page."

Okay, I was looking through the list tab under the report button and it shows that we can make a report for commercial advertisements. My guess would be that some people feel that when someone post a link to their site that it might be a commercial advertisement when it really isn't since it is just a site to either show off their Sims and creations and not a site that is actually promoting someone's RL life business. Idk, but that is just my opinion... :)
  • blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    You can advertise your site in one thread as long as it's confined to that one thread.
    You can advertise your site in your signature as much as you want. ;)
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
    And you can advertise- link it - in another topic made about Fansites? I would think
    - but me, I don't mind it as long as it's not spamming and it's not OT to the topic and I do know my opinion on it doesn't matter. :D

Hi, @blunote00 :hugz: :mrgreen:
  • plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    Wait a minute.

Let's just back up here:
    ...had mentioned to me when I asked her the same thing

ceejay402 is a girl?

I always thought they were a guy - can anyone confirm?

It's like Crinrict - some people think Crinrict is a guy - but they are not.
    plopppo wrote: »
    Wait a minute.

Let's just back up here:

ceejay402 is a girl?

CeeJay IS a her.....LOL......
  • BobTheLlamaBobTheLlama Posts: 192 Member
    Wait a minute.

Let's just back up here:

ceejay402 is a girl?

I thought Crinrict was a guy too...
  • SpidersWebSpidersWeb Posts: 1,027 Member
    I actually assume everyone here is female now unless they have a male avatar, male themed nickname, or I've seen them referred to with comments like "he" "his" etc. It's been more accurate than working the other way around.
    Performance, Price, Portability - pick two.
  • SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick Posts: 1,013 SimGuru (retired)
    Hey folks, to make it clear, it is not against the rules to post links to third party sites (as long as they are not illegal, offensive, a commercial business, advertising, or completely off topic) but it is against the rule to spam the forums with those links.
    SimGuruBChick
    Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations
    Thanks to 06bon06 for my lovely new signature pic

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Wait a minute.

Let's just back up here:

ceejay402 is a girl?

One of my absolutely favourite things about this forum is the very high proportion of the super-technically-in-the-know folks here who are women. (I am not one of them -- the technically minded people, I mean. Though I did learn recently how to take the side panel off my PC case!)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    I'm a dog.

Woof, woof.

I bet nobody suspected that.
    I'm a dog.

Woof, woof.

HA! Talk about a genius dog......LMAO!! Just kidding......but wouldnt that be cool if a dog could type? :)
    Bear31 wrote: »
    I'm a dog.

Woof, woof.

HA! Talk about a genius dog......LMAO!! Just kidding......but wouldnt that be cool if a dog could type? :)

I use my nose - 40 words per minute.
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    I'm captain of the Attackship Viking Lord. Currently, we're in orbit of Earth, well, the moon actually.

We've been hiding on the dark side, so we'd be undetectected. I figured it was time I'd break the ice with y'all. :^)

End transmission. :^)
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • shadowcat85shadowcat85 Posts: 5,219 Member
    I'm a dog.

Woof, woof.

Nothing odd here I am a completely normal simmer

tumblr_lyile0cj8L1qegbs4o1_500.jpg

Plumbobs busted again :/

tumblr_inline_ne699tiMiG1r36c5t.gif

• moongodessmoongodess Posts: 1,550 Member
    pitbull.jpg
  • Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    Hey folks, to make it clear, it is not against the rules to post links to third party sites (as long as they are not illegal, offensive, a commercial business, advertising, or completely off topic) but it is against the rule to spam the forums with those links.

I posted a link to the MTS site about a lighting mod (to brighten the room) and was told the opposite of what you are saying.

SimStaffBethelle · You've been warned.

SimStaffBethelleSimStaffBethelle September 16

Dear Zolt65,

You posted links towards an external site on a post earlier today.

This is a simple warning just to let you know, that this is against the forum rules, I would recommend just referencing people to google or another COMMON external site rather than direct external sites, ie other sims4 forums.

Thank you so much for your understanding!

Have a great night!

So has this rule changed in the last 2 months then?

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,449 Member
    @Zolt65 She gives out a lot of warnings over everything. I would go by what SimGuruBChick says instead of Bethelle. Bethelle gave me a warning over a previous signature when no other person had a problem with it.