Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

IF YOU HAVENT BOUGHT SIMS4 YET... GOOD FOR YOU STAY WITH SIMS3 FOR NOW...

I havent played the sims 4 for long. I just bought It this week out of Boredom. First mistake I made was buying the game blinded. I should have read reviews or forums. Shame on me.

1st soon into starting the game up I first notice the lack of details as in the sims 2 and 3. Ok so I just figured perhaps they are saving pc memory for other cool things.

2nd I enter the lot and I soon discover you dont have freedom to travel freely around the sims world. Im thinking lame but maybe again its to make the gaming run smoother I figure I'll give it a chance.

3rd I go to building a house... my favorite thing only to find... HARD AS ALL HECK TO BUILD what on earth happened to the foundation tool?

4th decorating time.... my 2nd favorite thing... only to find it has been reverted to the sims 1 and sims 2 lame limited selection of colors

So freedom and creativity has been tossed out

hmmm yet I venture on...

I decide to play the characters... something I didnt always do in the sims 2 or sims 3 cause I got lost in the building and decorating... (im one of those simers who has never aged anyone from infant to elderly to death or have had a family ever enter a third generation building and decorating and keeping every sim young was how I loved to play)

so I played and quickly got bored with repetitive wants and needs. game gets boring quickly since you are stuck on one lot (and because of the lack of shift clicks testing cheats options) so after the couple had a baby I switched to the goth family

I played until I got bored with them and tried to switch back to the other family only to

5th find it was difficult to do.

6th when I finally switched I found my infant was no longer an infant but I child

I freaked out thinking oh come on how could I missed my first infant turning into a toddler leading to my

7th NO TODDLERS now what the heck we are reverting to the sims 1

THIS GAME SEEMS SO LAME

AS FOR now I believe its a waste of money... i am trying to remain optimistic. I wont be jumping into buying any expansion packs especially if THEY DONT FIX THINGS

IM boycotting UNTIL THE RETURN OF the TODDLERS!
SENIOR POLLINATION TECHNICIAN #3 DOWNLOADS:
ORIGINAL: https://goo.gl/ux61nn REMODELED: https://goo.gl/pcJwsN
MY GALLERY ---> https://bit.ly/2N5kp8y <----

a0933d0f-c078-40f1-8aa9-1f6adbbd24d3-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Comments

• jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    I'm doubled over, laughing my head off! :D Poor you... And at the same time I like it sooo much how you describe your discoveries! Everything I read, everything I hear and everything I see with my own eyes just comforts me in my decision to stay with TS3. I guess EA took our wishlist including TS2 features a little too seriously: recreating a game looking like TS2, stripping away all the good thing's from TS3! :s I just hope you've not uninstalled your old game, because I'm sure you still have hours of discoveries and creation left with TS3! ;)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    tumblr_inline_mf7xxos7T41ry4qim.gif
    I don't need toddlers by the way. Maybe for a story I might write soon? Other than that, I'm not making them ever.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    The only thing originally holding me back from buying TS4 was the price they are asking for it. I already done plenty of reading to learn about the complete lack of what is in it. I could only picture how hard it is to build a house, after trying to build a sim in the CAS demo. At the moment I'm playing TS2, and attempting at remolding one of the houses in the game, and to pay what they are asking for TS4 just to revert back to the choices of TS2, nope....nadda gonna happen. I'll stick with TS2 and TS3. I would love though to eventually get the original sims again.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I actually like how CAS and building mode are handled. I would have loved those tools in S3 (with CASt, foundations and basements included of course ;)).
    OP, it's funny to read your discoveries, because it makes me realise how much I'm already used to those things missing; it became knd of normal. But it isn't.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • luvalphvleluvalphvle Posts: 1,545 Member
    Haven't bought TS4 yet either. Maybe after a couple expansion packs have come out.
  • ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    edited November 2014
    I'm a hopeless cheapskate, so just like every other time, I won't be buying TS4 until two years from now when it's 60% off at Amazon. >:)
    EiFlric.png
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    So I went ahead and got the game. I did know what I was getting into before hand, from the reviews and watching "Lets Plays" on YouTube. But I was optimistic, hoping I would end up loving the game. I've been playing for three days now, and I have to say, it's lack luster. Honestly, I can't see, and I don't see what those who are enjoying this game are fawning over. I have played the Sims since the beginning. I bought Sims 1 when it first came out. So I, like many others, have watched the progression of the Sims, and I have to say Sims 4 missed the mark. It missed the mark so badly that is has actually regressed. I mean, seriously, give us open world, CASt, and other cool features then you rip them away! I love the Sims 2. it's by far the best Sims game. Maxis really fleshed out the little simmies in that game, and I was hoping what they had left out in the Sims 3 would return in Sims 4. Not only did it not return they took all the best stuff from both previous games and shredded them, used the bathroom on them, then left them for the rats.

I'm still hopeful though (yeah, shoot me now), and I'm waiting to see what the first ep brings. I'm hoping it will try to save this game, because right now it's crap. And I really miss those toddlers. My couple just had a baby and I stopped playing. I just don't feel like interacting with an object. Remember the bassinet from Sims 1? Why would the make the babies into that again? Really? And then they pop into a child. LAME!

Come on EA and Maxis, get your heads out of your plums and make us the game we truly want! We didn't want to regress back to 2004. It's 2014, almost 2015. 99.9% of games today are open world, why would you do this to us? LOL
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    OP

I enjoy the Sims 4 but I do agree it's lacking however when I play I still play for hours and hours. Pools has made TS4 more enjoyable for me. Atleast their somewhere else to send my sims now and I love that sims can chat in pools. I've been begging for that for years.

Now I still play TS3 as well especially now. I just did a TS3 Thanksgiving Picture Thread and plan on doing a TS3 Christmas one soon. TS4 loads so much quicker then TS3.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    ts1depot wrote: »
    I'm a hopeless cheapskate, so just like every other time, I won't be buying TS4 until two years from now when it's 60% off at Amazon. >:)

You know TS4 will be on sale at Best Buy Black Friday the day after Thanksgiving for $29.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member

You know TS4 will be on sale at Best Buy Black Friday the day after Thanksgiving for $29.

Thanks for the info, that does sound like a more appropriate price for this game.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited November 2014
    Now I still play TS3 as well especially now. I just did a TS3 Thanksgiving Picture Thread and plan on doing a TS3 Christmas one soon. TS4 loads so much quicker then TS3.
    I'd rather play a game I love that takes half an hour loading (9 minutes for me but just a figure of speech), than a boring game I can start playing within a minute.
    Besides, I remember Sims 3 loaded real quick when I only played the basegame as well.

5JZ57S6.png
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    edited November 2014
    OP

I enjoy the Sims 4 but I do agree it's lacking however when I play I still play for hours and hours. Pools has made TS4 more enjoyable for me. Atleast their somewhere else to send my sims now and I love that sims can chat in pools. I've been begging for that for years.

When you load a TS3 vanilla base game, it's really fast. I guess having a lot of store stuff and worlds take its time to process... Where's your threads, Catloverplayer? :D Found them! As usual I'm speaking before searching...

NymlADp.jpg
  • mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,215 Member
    I am a TS3 Simmer who never had any desire to purchase this game. I came to that decision long before the list of things which would not be included came to light, before the petition to add pools & toddlers back into the game had begun and long before the SimGuru stated that "Things Change". From nearly the very beginning (since its announcement), the game had been presented as garbage; this was the first thing I took notice of.

The amount of secrecy surrounding the game was another tip-off for me. There were no advertisement videos, no (good news) word of mouth buzzes and no banner or digital ads anywhere to be seen on the internet. And, things seemed to get worst the closer it came to release. As more and more was discovered about the developing game the more EA's behavior seemed to fit.

But the last flag and this was the Big Red Flag which was waving in Coffee scented winds while being illuminated by an enormous bright red light, was when they released a Game Demo which was not a Demo of the Game but a demo of a feature of the Game. A real game demo would have had people playing in the game's world for a limited amount of time or with limited things accessible to them. CAS is a Feature of TS4 it is Not a representation of TS4.

I realize I am one of the fortunate few who is able to play an un-modded TS3 game with very little issue, so this is where I will be staying until (if) the next iteration of the Sims comes along provided EA/Maxis learns from this and gets it right. As far as TS4 goes, I wouldn't purchase this game from a discount bin or download it if it were free. That's just how I feel about it.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Welcome back to The Sims 3, a real Sims game! It's a shame that some players were unaware of how poor the game is, I myself decided not to buy the game long before the game was even announced and I am sticking with my choice. Long live TS3!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • alexiafoxalexiafox Posts: 3 New Member
    That sucks that you wasted your money and found out about all the missing things that way. I like to play family style gameplay so the sims 4 isn't for me until they do some major fixing up. They don't even have a family tree. And of course no toddlers. What kind of life simulated game have babies turn into children? The sims 4. Im glad theres the sims 3 that have toddlers, open neighborhoods, cars, create a style and a color wheel. Im sticking with the sims 3.
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    I'm definitely sticking with TS3 for now.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • MyrrhawaMyrrhawa Posts: 1,298 Member
    Wow, I am so glad i stuck with the sims 3,Sims 4 lost me when they got rid of create a pattern and style. I Can not and will not play a sims game with out it.Sad really, because i have been playing since Sims 1.I too play the sims3 unmodded and have very few problems with it.I do wish they had not stopped making stuff for sims3 though :( I do still need to get a 1 more world and a few of the last venues,so that will help keep me busy :)
    tumblr_nt1u2tH5cj1sicac5o1_500.gif
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    My initial reaction when I first read that TS4 was skipping CASt as a feature.
    Little did I know that was only the tip of the iceberg.
    Dealbreaker.jpg

Being a good little simmer, I gave the base game a chance anyway since I was interested in the new sims and had to try it for myself.
    It's not just missing create-a-style that put me off the game, but I knew I would have a difficult time because no create-a-style is what made me uninstall TS2. That alone would be enough for me to skip it, but add all the other things that bother me and I cannot play the game for more than 5 minutes before I am out. I stopped trying. I'm just playing TS3 and other games now.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    Besides, I remember Sims 3 loaded real quick when I only played the basegame as well.
    The problem is in the patches. People forget that every Sims 3 patch added a whole load of EP coding to the base game, making the 'bare' patched base game slower even if you don't add SPs, EPs or Store content.
    My game (all EPs and SPs, some Store content, some custom content and a few mods) loads in about ten minutes. Well worth the wait.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I'm sticking with TS3 which loads up in well-under five minutes for me with all of the EPs and SPs I have along with the heavy load of CC and Mods I use to get a playable game.I'm patched at 167 and I go from opening the launcher to being loaded in the game in about a minute or two unless I load an EA world which takes a little longer for a new game.I hope to get TS4 sometime and I'll still enjoy TS3 even then because the new one won't have much to it.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • pri4321pri4321 Posts: 225 Member
    I'm staying with The Sims 3, I still have lots of stuff do in it (I got it one month ago) and I prefer open world.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    mw1525 wrote: »
    I am a TS3 Simmer who never had any desire to purchase this game. I came to that decision long before the list of things which would not be included came to light, before the petition to add pools & toddlers back into the game had begun and long before the SimGuru stated that "Things Change". From nearly the very beginning (since its announcement), the game had been presented as garbage; this was the first thing I took notice of.

The amount of secrecy surrounding the game was another tip-off for me. There were no advertisement videos, no (good news) word of mouth buzzes and no banner or digital ads anywhere to be seen on the internet. And, things seemed to get worst the closer it came to release. As more and more was discovered about the developing game the more EA's behavior seemed to fit.

But the last flag and this was the Big Red Flag which was waving in Coffee scented winds while being illuminated by an enormous bright red light, was when they released a Game Demo which was not a Demo of the Game but a demo of a feature of the Game. A real game demo would have had people playing in the game's world for a limited amount of time or with limited things accessible to them. CAS is a Feature of TS4 it is Not a representation of TS4.

I realize I am one of the fortunate few who is able to play an un-modded TS3 game with very little issue, so this is where I will be staying until (if) the next iteration of the Sims comes along provided EA/Maxis learns from this and gets it right. As far as TS4 goes, I wouldn't purchase this game from a discount bin or download it if it were free. That's just how I feel about it.

That's exactly how I feel! :)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    TS4 is bad game.
  • yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,670 Member

TS3 base game also loads very fast. Game loaded fine until about the LN EP where the water reflections and LN content began hogging memory and other hardware resources. Even though TS4 isn't open world, future EPs and DLC will require memory resources at minimum. So for the folks with the lower end systems (for which TS4 was so clearly designed for) it's only a matter of time. Just wait until the 3rd EP and/or SP DLC or so comes out for TS4. Then you're very likely going to see a lot of folks on here singing a different tune.

• yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited November 2014
    TadOlson wrote: »
    I'm sticking with TS3 which loads up in well-under five minutes for me with all of the EPs and SPs I have along with the heavy load of CC and Mods I use to get a playable game.I'm patched at 167 and I go from opening the launcher to being loaded in the game in about a minute or two unless I load an EA world which takes a little longer for a new game.I hope to get TS4 sometime and I'll still enjoy TS3 even then because the new one won't have much to it.
    Basically this and my even heavier modded version of TS2. With tons of added content like food mods, surfing at the beach etc. TS2 is only lacking CAW, CAP, CAS and the open world capability of TS3 TBH. Alternating between these more than makes up for the lack of playing an overpriced, over rated new shiny that EA had the audacity to ship in a half baked state.