Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Saraswati05's showcase - Cosy Haven Starter lot #nocc (bottom of page)

saraswatisaraswati Posts: 408 Member
edited December 2014 in The Sims 4 Lots
Hi Folks

I started wondering if it would be possible to build a starter that included a pool. Then I realised that the pool would naturally go with the other fitness equipment. So I set myself a challenge of building a starter that included the pool plus all three types of fitness equipment, and I sneaked it under the door at 19,344. I decorated the lot in a neutral blue because I figured it went with the theme. I have a lot of sims who play through the Bodybuilder aspiration, so I now have a starter home I can actually use. Here are the images of the lot.

edit: I forgot to mention, there is no cc on this lot.

Front
15172451144_092899e655.jpg

Floor Plan
15172454514_94925aab49.jpg

Gym equipment
15792399475_ba156bb5e3.jpg

Lounge and kitchen
15606577909_26da8cb12b.jpg

my originid is saraswati05. :-)

Cheers

Saraswati
Post edited by saraswati on

Comments

• Options
    bokylie1bokylie1 Posts: 804 Member
    Lovely starter house
    Forum and Origin ID: bokylie1

• Options
    :) Thanks @kamb1403
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    It is great that you have built a starter home with a pool and gym equipment. It looks great ! :) The shape of the pool looks nice. The stone texture of the exterior looks nice. It looks nice how you have used a blue colour scheme for the interior of the home. Great gym area. Sims will enjoy keeping fit and do fitness training in their own home using the gym equipment. It looks great how you have placed the weights machine in the nook area. Nice sofa sitting nook area for sims to enjoy sitting and reading a book from the bookcase or watching the tv.
    It is a great starter! :)
  • Options
    Thank you so much @rosemow! :D I figure that even if Sims are starting out I can still do my best to give them nice surroundings and everything they need to get started. This is the end of building that I love. It is more fun for me when I'm working with a hard limit.
  • Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Hello @saraswati. It is great that you started a showcase thread for your lots. Your starter home is gorgeous. :D
    Your architecture and landscaping is very adorable. It is great that you built a pool. Cool shape. And your interior and furnishing look stunning as well. I like that bluish feel on your wall pattern, with darker feel on your furniture.
    Gonna love it. :)
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    :)@RyeCris16, thank you so much for the support, I really appreciate it. :D Thank you so much for the nice comment on the shape of the pool! I only found the tip for how to add a half tile on this forum today which let me create the pool I had in my head. It is lovely to be building again, it is making me really happy.
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Starter home with a pool?!!! WOW! Looks very cute! Good job @saraswati!
  • Options
    MeteoraStormMeteoraStorm Posts: 243 Member
    Looks good. I really like the pool shape.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Thank you so much for the support and the positive feedback @yanti68 and @MeteoraStorm. :)
  • Options
    Chris2fer03Chris2fer03 Posts: 650 Member
    Nice home with a great use of the starter budget! I especially like the use of blue for the interior wall color. :)
    Gallery ID: chris2fer03
    ~Showcase Thread~ ~Photobucket~
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    @Christ2fer03, thank you so much for the support and the nice comment on the pool. :smile:
  • Options
    karen65pkaren65p Posts: 24 Member
    love it :)
  • Options
    @karen65p, thank you so much! :)
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    it's a nice starter home.
  • Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    What a wonderful starter home!! Can't believe it has a pool! :D Awesome job!!
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Lovely starter home, really like the pool design :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    MauveeMauvee Posts: 185 Member
    It's cute, my favourite part would be the pool as well :)
  • Options
    @midnightpearl, @tiki5872, @masajo and @mauvee, thank you so much for the support! :smiley:
  • Options
    Hi Guys

I've just uploaded a new lot. It's a Starter which is complete for $17,812 or $19,312 if placed in Pebble Burrow. It has no cc, it includes a chessboard, easel, mirror and bookcase. It has a predominant egg-yellow theme inside. It is built for playability.

Here's an exterior.
    16126167865_dfd07ce2c2.jpg

And here's the interior.
    15940091499_6cfccca1ef.jpg
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited December 2014
    Your new starter home Cosy Haven is very nice :) The exterior design of the home looks nice with the home curved around the front porch. The dome type windows that you have used and how you have placed them in the build looks nice. The lavender plants on the front edges of the home are nice for sims to see when coming to the home. Nice layout of the interior of the home. The yellow colour scheme of the interior looks nice. It looks great how you have done the corner kitchen area. Nice sitting area for sims to enjoy sitting resting on the sofa reading a book from the bookcase, watching tv or enjoy listening to radio music. They will have fun playing chess or painting on the easel. The floor tiling in the bathroom looks nice with the colour of the walls.
    It is a very nice starter home :)
  • Options
    bokylie1bokylie1 Posts: 804 Member
    Gorgeous starter
    Forum and Origin ID: bokylie1

• Options
    edited December 2014
    @rosemow, thank you so much for the lovely, detailed and thoughtful feedback. :-) Thank you so much for particularly noticing the layout, I used to get frustrated when EA didn't get the layout right with starters for Sims 2, which is why I particularly put time into that with every single lot. I don't want anyone to get roadblocks when they're playing.

Thank you so much @kamb1403 :smile:
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Lovely cute starter! I like the layout and the bright yellow you have used inside. :D
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    @yanti68, thank you so much for the positive support and noticing the bright coloured theme. :smile:
  • Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Cosy Haven is very adorable! :D
    I like your architectural detail and your interior. It is great that you added a chess board and an easel without exceeding a 20K budget.
    Gonna love it. :)
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16