Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SHOCKING! Sims 4 Single Moms (adoption?!)

I want to bring your attention to this. The babies and kids up for adoption in my game are all the same kids from the single mom townies my game generates. Why are all these single moms giving up their kids for adoption?! Is this intentional in the design of the game? Is this why so many single mom households are generated? See photos (I apologize for the image quality).

4dOnbBr.jpg
gUvGCdG.jpg
ZrwDOma.jpg
mmWfqBJ.jpg
ypTbTe4.jpg
dqGgUNG.jpg
0eCMuCo.jpg
U35B7P4.jpg
vU8j7D5.jpg
qT7TZVH.jpg
iMlnQX6.jpg

Comments

• ShearsyShearsy Posts: 727 Member
    That is weird... maybe they're all bad parents because there's no story progression so the children aren't doing their homework and they're going to get kicked out of school or sent to the military school.

Btw, does anyone know what actually happens to the kids in this if they do poorly at school?
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    My first cheeky answer would be "because they are programmed that way" :)

However it does seem rather odd and putting the game out of balance. I would have thought a company which makes games with same gender marriages would realise that single mums keep their children these days :)

A nice piece of detective work :)
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    I'm not getting what your shocked about? I think it's cool they tried to come up with a back story of sorts. So what's the big deal?
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • JuanaJuana Posts: 840 Member
    edited November 2014
    Shearsy wrote: »
    Btw, does anyone know what actually happens to the kids in this if they do poorly at school?
    TS4: Late, Late Night:Paying My Bills Without A High School diploma

• sarahewhysarahewhy Posts: 131 Member
    @windweaver SHOCKING! Because I needed a sensational headline ;)
  • JoenielJoeniel Posts: 727 Member
    If those npc's have not even a house to live, how can they support a family? The best solution is giving away their kids for the fist simmer with house interested to adopt. So our streets are showrooms of children available for adoption. I mean, they walks all day around in our neighborhoods.
    gatitos_zps08y2lsrh.gif
  • sarahewhysarahewhy Posts: 131 Member
    Maybe the single moms are just temporary foster parents and that's why their kids don't look like them.
    I mean, homeless people do get their kids taken away if they can't provide a home for them...
    A lil too realistic, EA? That's kinda sad, lol.
    Juana wrote: »
    I mean, homeless people do get their kids taken away if they can't provide a home for them...
    A lil too realistic, EA? That's kinda sad, lol.

Real life is sad enough.
    gatitos_zps08y2lsrh.gif
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    This is shocking, and I do think the kids look like their mums. I notice there not the kids from a mum and dad. are there any kids in the married homeless couples?? I like to play these single mums, I usually make a hostel for them and group them up together, So they can raise their children. I suppose the game makes more single parents. mmmmm will have to test this out.
    This is shocking, and I do think the kids look like their mums. I notice there not the kids from a mum and dad. are there any kids in the married homeless couples?? I like to play these single mums, I usually make a hostel for them and group them up together, So they can raise their children. I suppose the game makes more single parents. mmmmm will have to test this out.

Those kids you describes are like their mums cause there are no dads to share the genetics for the child. Same happened in TS3 Ambitions EP when you used the time machine to travel either to future or past and returns with a son/daughter will have only the genetics of the sim you're playing with. The spouse has nothing to do there. A cheater traveling in time? ...pretty awesome.

And by the way, I already have a single mom and her rebel teenager in my gallery. :D
    ID: Allyden if interested. Just gave them a home and winter is coming through!
    gatitos_zps08y2lsrh.gif
  • ManicRoseManicRose Posts: 107 Member
    Does anyone know what happens if, for example, there is a townie household of an adult female and a child and then the adult is asked to move in with one of the sims you are playing? Do you get the option to bring their child too or not? Or does just the adult move in and the child disappears from the townie pool?
    ManicRose wrote: »
    Does anyone know what happens if, for example, there is a townie household of an adult female and a child and then the adult is asked to move in with one of the sims you are playing? Do you get the option to bring their child too or not? Or does just the adult move in and the child disappears from the townie pool?
    You get the option to bring anyone from the household, so yes - you can choose to bring the kid too.
  • pattypatty Posts: 52 Member
    I am playing a single mom and got a message "the baby is very hungry, and if she does not get feed soon she will be taken away". That could be one reason the child would be up for adoption. I did feed her!
    You get the option to bring anyone from the household, so yes - you can choose to bring the kid too.
    What happens if you chose not to bring the child? Do they just disappear from the game?
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    What happens if you chose not to bring the child? Do they just disappear from the game?

I have no idea, maybe some else does, you could always play and find out, it would make an interesting game play. interesting story.
  • SpradaciSprojSpradaciSproj Posts: 1,272 Member
    Do they disappear from the Not in World menu if you adopt them?
  • RomireRomire Posts: 2,418 Member
    Well this is the strangest occurst to ever happen
    Romire - Australian Gamer
    An Nurodirvgent player from the land downunder.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I never would have noticed that :o

Very interesting!
    Do they disappear from the Not in World menu if you adopt them?

Its a good reason to try out. Or perhaps now with that child adopted you'll find mom at the bar drinking and dancing, liberated of all duties.
    gatitos_zps08y2lsrh.gif
  • KShannonKShannon Posts: 223 Member
    You can't choose not to bring them. There has to be an adult for each household.

Found this out the hard way when my sim married a woman with two kids I had no idea she had.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    me i do not see anything wrong with this picture
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • KhyanLeikasKhyanLeikas Posts: 857 Member
    edited November 2014
    It' a rushed game. That's why.

200_s.gif

Seriously, it's not really a problem. The first time we can see parents who abandon their children in The Sims!
  • SophieDiddleSophieDiddle Posts: 578 Member
    edited November 2014
    How did you even notice this? Very interesting.
    It's like I can stalk the hood like a creeper picking out the child I want....... 0.0
    KShannon wrote: »
    You can't choose not to bring them. There has to be an adult for each household.

Found this out the hard way when my sim married a woman with two kids I had no idea she had.
    Doh! Wonder what will happen if they do ever bring back family trees. Will those two kids just show as having no dad or will it have assigned some random male townie as the father?