Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A question about simlish?

13...Next

Comments

• MMXMMX Posts: 4,428 Member
    edited February 2016
    I wish I could pet my sims and squeeze them, I consider them my pets, like dogs or cats. They are just so cute!! <3

I don't think they would be amused if they knew you would think of them as that, considering that they are like humans.
    Post edited by MMX on
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    I wish I could pet my sims and squeeze them, I consider them my pets, like dogs or cats. They are just so cute!! <3

I don't think they would be amused if they knew you would think of them as that.

Plus, you should never try to handle your Sims - those little teeth HURT! :(
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    If I remember correctly, the Sims team intended Simlish to be complete gibberish. However, they wanted it to sound like a real word language. I think they decided to mix the 2 most nonsense-sounding languages they could, and chose a mixture of Finnish and Welsh, along with some completely made-up words.

Welsh is rather special, isn't it?

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
    or
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogochuchaf
    It really depends on what part of the villiage you are in.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    In TS3, I've heard the chef on the cooking channel say 'bonjour' ('hello' or 'good day' in French) before continuing in Simlish.

I have a Sim in the military career, and when she's at work at the military base, I can hear soldiers doing drills. I've even heard them sing a Simlish version of a military cadence. The one that goes 'I don't know but I've been told…'
  • CursedDiceCursedDice Posts: 978 Member
    yibs means yibs
  • CursedDiceCursedDice Posts: 978 Member
    Joeniel wrote: »
    Let me see.
    Yibbs - Sick, the best, cool, YES!
    Nooboo - baby
    Nek - check
    Nek-ate Checkmate
    Bar-bar fringlenerp - expression of worry
    Boyirthday - birthday
    keeb - good, usually uses as keeb-keeb over great food

So in simlish babies are noobs?

Yes
  • stillcelinecara2stillcelinecara2 Posts: 15 Member
    "yibs" means yes or yeah. That's why when you click the woohoo option they say "YIBS YIBS YIBS YIBS YIBS!" excitedly
  • TurtlePaw10422TurtlePaw10422 Posts: 7 New Member
    My sim said sheenb when they took there selfie

And then there's nostabadu which I think it means gutter because she said there was trash in the gutter 😂
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Yibs is as clearly and patently a "yes" as "Neeb" is, a "no".

Those things are very, very easy to figure out after playing for over 2000 hours, I can assure you. Yibs is yes, neeb is no. Anything else, I could see uncertainty, but not about those.

And yes, baby is "nooboo" whether used toward an actual infant as in 'Oh, nooboo....lurve!" (Lurve is love) right before kissing the baby's head, or used amorously toward a lover.

There are certain phrases used specifically in certain circumstances, like (not sure how to spell this) "Sweat gabe!" which is used when one Sim propositions a grind, with another.

So maybe a lot of it is stock phrases of nonsense, but some of it has specific meaning. And "Bleffy!" is an utterance of fear, pain, or dismay, often coupled with "NEEB! Bleffy! BLEFFY!" when running around hysterical while something terrible is happening like a fire or something. That the phrase is also used in a certain unmentionable mod in moments of, ahem, release, kind of disturbed me the first time I encountered it, but it was probably used for the vocal intensity.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey everyone!

As this thread had been inactive for quite some time before being bumped, I'm closing it as per our necroposting rules.

Thanks,
    Leeloo
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top