Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We care! Supporting Simmers going through hard times.

Comments

• Options
    msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    I lost my cat today. She had to be put to sleep. She was acting off for a week now. I took her to the vet yesterday. They put her on fluids but it did not help. She was too far gone. She was a old cat. I do still have her sister
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    @Sephardic hope your sister feels better soon and you enjoyed your Christmas party. sending gentle hugs <3

i have a doctor's appt tomorrow. i had my blood drawn last week and i'm looking forward to the appt. i'm sure my numbers are all going to be lower. i'm looking forward to finding out how much weight i've lost. i'm wearing a size smaller in pants now and they are beginning to get loose.

Only worry is the weather. Supposed to get 6 to 10 inches of snow between today and tomorrow. I couldn't believe there were over 100 accidents when we got our first snow. I always slowdown and drive carefully.

have a great day everybody! sending lots of hugs <3

Hello @luvdasims55
    I hope that your doctors appointment goes well tomorrow. It will be good for you to get the results of the blood tests and to have your doctor check you over to see how your health is going.
    I hope that you have safe travelling to the appointment and back.
    Thank you for the hugs :) I send hugs to you also <3
  • Options
    msbeckycat wrote: »
    I lost my cat today. She had to be put to sleep. She was acting off for a week now. I took her to the vet yesterday. They put her on fluids but it did not help. She was too far gone. She was a old cat. I do still have her sister

Hello @msbeckycat
    I am so sorry to hear that your cat needed to be put to sleep :'( It is an upsettmg time for you and your family. I send big hugs to you <3 Our pets are special animal members of our family and it is very sad when they pass away. She would no longer be in pain.
    You would treasure still having her sister.
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @msbeckycat
    I am so sorry to hear that your cat needed to be put to sleep :'( It is an upsettmg time for you and your family. I send big hugs to you <3 Our pets are special animal members of our family and it is very sad when they pass away. She would no longer be in pain.
    You would treasure still having her sister.

Thanks
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited December 2017
    @msbeckycat I do sympathise with you. It's a horrible feeling, as I know when I had to put my dog to sleep this year. Even though they live longer and that pet's normal lifespan you feel upset that they are gone. You must have given it a happy life.
  • Options
    samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member

I'm sorry about your cat, *hugs*
  • Options
    Simburian wrote: »
    @msbeckycat I do sympathise with you. It's a horrible feeling, as I know when I had to put my dog to sleep this year. Even though they live longer and that pet's normal lifespan you feel upset that they are gone. You must have given it a happy life.

I had her since she was a baby. I was thinking of adopting a new cat but not sure if its too soon
  • Options

I had her since she was a baby. I was thinking of adopting a new cat but not sure if its too soon

Hello @msbeckycat
    It would be very nice to adopt a new cat <3 The cat wouldn’t replace your special cat that has passed away whom you will always have treasured memories of happy times spent with her, but your new cat would bring another source of joy into your life.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    edited December 2017
    I go to work on Wednesdays. But it's going to be -12C but feel like -20 and it's only going up to -9 but feels like -17. In F it's going to be 10F but feel like -4F and only going up to 16F but feels like 1F. Mom says I should go to work but my hands were cold all the way to the gym until I finally got *near* the gym so for tomrrow I have to wear an additional layer of gloves and I hate wearing any additional layers of clothing with the stuff I already had to wear- snow pants, boots, 2 coats, a scarf, two set of gloves and a winter headband But it will be even colder the next day.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    I go to work on Wednesdays. But it's going to be -12C but feel like -20 and it's only going up to -9 but feels like -17. In F it's going to be 10F but feel like -4F and only going up to 16F but feels like 1F. Mom says I should go to work but my hands were cold all the way to the gym until I finally got *near* the gym so for tomrrow I have to wear an additional layer of gloves and I hate wearing any additional layers of clothing with the stuff I already had to wear- snow pants, boots, 2 coats, a scarf, two set of gloves and a winter headband But it will be even colder the next day.

Ugh. That sounds horrible. I'm lucky enough to live somewhere where it never snows.
    Well, I've been feeling better lately. Not 100%, but better than I was.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options

Hello @MadameLee
    The weather will be so cold for you in the next days ! It is best to wear the additional layers of clothing to try to keep as warm as possible. I send a hug to you <3 as you endure through the coldness.
  • Options

Ugh. That sounds horrible. I'm lucky enough to live somewhere where it never snows.
    Well, I've been feeling better lately. Not 100%, but better than I was.

Hello @wolfkomoki1
    It is good that you are feeling better than you were. I send a hug to you <3
  • Options
    @rosemow but in the past my Mom told me to not go out to (even my day-program) when it was frostbite weather..and the next two days look to be exactly that. I should check the wind speed between 18-27km/hr of a North West wind at 9 and since I will be going Northwest..to get to work... and it will be a 19-29km/hr NW coming home (but I would be going south east in that case so the wind would partly be behind me AND at the side)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    @rosemow but in the past my Mom told me to not go out to (even my day-program) when it was frostbite weather..and the next two days look to be exactly that. I should check the wind speed between 18-27km/hr of a North West wind at 9 and since I will be going Northwest..to get to work... and it will be a 19-29km/hr NW coming home (but I would be going south east in that case so the wind would partly be behind me AND at the side)

Hello
    You may need to talk over with your Mother again whether she thinks that it would best for you to go to work or if it would be more beneficial for your health to remain home and not be out in the very cold weather. The weather forecasts of what the temperature and weather conditions will be would be getting more updated as the time goes along.
  • Options
    Hello @Hunter_X It would be best to post on the other threads in the off topic section to get the posts and points needed to become a full member. You will soon become a full member by posting on the other threads.
  • Options

@msbeckycat Give your remaining cat a lot of hugs as it will be mourning too. I should wait a while before getting a new one though because you have to check whether your cat will accept it. A playful kitten might tire it out but sometimes might give it a new lease of life.
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    I got a call from my mom last night saying that she and Andy (stepdad) were in a car wreck. Their Neon was totaled. Both airbags deployed - thank God. Mom is really sore and Andy has a fractured breastbone. Mom's car ended up in the ditch when it was over.

The driver of the other car - an older Volvo with no airbags - was in the on coming lane, about to making a left turn and ended up turning into mom's car. Btw, the other driver was ok.

December is turning into an awful month for us lately. Last year (in Dec.) Andy suffered a serious fall. While he's recovered from it PHYSICALLY, he still has trouble with his memory. This Dec. they get into a car crash. I'm starting to dread Dec. - and not because of the shopping madness!

It's moments like this that reminds you how precious life really is! When you get home (from work or school - wherever), let your family know that you love them!
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    @5782341b77vl: oh my god. :( I wish them a speedy recovery from this.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    I got a call from my mom last night saying that she and Andy (stepdad) were in a car wreck. Their Neon was totaled. Both airbags deployed - thank God. Mom is really sore and Andy has a fractured breastbone. Mom's car ended up in the ditch when it was over.

The driver of the other car - an older Volvo with no airbags - was in the on coming lane, about to making a left turn and ended up turning into mom's car. Btw, the other driver was ok.

December is turning into an awful month for us lately. Last year (in Dec.) Andy suffered a serious fall. While he's recovered from it PHYSICALLY, he still has trouble with his memory. This Dec. they get into a car crash. I'm starting to dread Dec. - and not because of the shopping madness!

It's moments like this that reminds you how precious life really is! When you get home (from work or school - wherever), let your family know that you love them!

Hello @5782341b77vl
    I am so sorry to hear that your Mother and Stepdad had the car wreck road accident! It would have been so very upsetting for them and quire distressing and painful. I am very glad to hear that although they would be quite shaken, painful and upset after alll that happened, they are still here and not more badly injured. It would have been very upsetting for you to hear what had happened.
    I send big hugs to you <3 as you caringly look after after them and help them as they recover from the accident. I hope that their healing after the accident goes smooothly.
    Life really is precious <3
  • Options
    Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    Oh no, I am SO sorry to hear that. Losing your pet is literally one of the worst kinds of pain you can go through, and I sympathize totally with you! :heartbreak: Just know that your kitty is with all the other animals that you have ever loved, and you will see her again one day. In the meantime, snuggle your living baby and thank the stars that we were given such amazing little creature to love, and even greater, to have them love us back. <3
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
  • Options

What an awful thing to happen to your mum and stepdad. I hope they had speedy help and heal ok. You are very right in that we should let our family know we love and appreciate them always. I hope you don't live too far away and can visit them soon. <3
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    @InfraGreen @rosemow

Thank you both very much. I'm sending you both holiday hugs :heart:

Family has always been important to me and I hate the thought of loosing anyone.

Happy holidays to you both and all other Simmers out there. :heart:
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    @InfraGreen @rosemow

Thank you both very much. I'm sending you both holiday hugs :heart:

Family has always been important to me and I hate the thought of loosing anyone.

Happy holidays to you both and all other Simmers out there. :heart:

Thankyou for the holiday hugs <3
  • Options
    I was reading John Green's new book Turtles All the Way Down in less then a week (Mom brought it home from one of her schools on Friday and I finished it last night) and I realised I have anxiety issues. I never realised it until reading the book because Aza the progtanist of the book has anxiety issues.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member

*hugs* Wishing them a speedy recovery. Glad they (and the other driver) are okay though and that it wasn't more serious.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top