Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We care! Supporting Simmers going through hard times.

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    i forgot to mention that i've got good news! my doctor was so happy that she actually gave me a gold star on my last visit. i laughed and told her that i hadn't gotten a gold star since i was in elementary school. lol

i've lost 12 pounds and my blood pressure is a lot lower at 122/78. so the meds and the mediterranean diet are working great! big relief for me.

i'm getting a chest x-ray done on monday. hoping there is no sign of lung cancer after being a smoker for over 40 years. i've been smoke free since october 2. hoping it hasn't been too late for me to quit smoking.

Hello @luvdasims55
    Congratulations on getting the gold star from your doctor! :) That is very great! She would be pleased and happy to see how your health has been progressing. The losing of the weight and the lowering of your blood pressure is great and will help with your overall health. It is great that the medication and Mediterranean diet is working!
    I hope that the chest X-ray goes okay. It is good that you have stopped smoking. It is never too late to quit smoking. It can be hard to do after smoking for so long, but it is very much worth it for your health.
    Sending hugs to you <3
  • fewlinesfewlines Posts: 1,488 Member
    @luvdasims55, that is fantastic! congratulations on your progress!
  • ninaumininaumi Posts: 363 Member
    Hello. I feel so alone right now. I'm thinking of stopping talking to everybody, but I know that's not the answer. No one did anything bad, it's just that I need some understanding when it comes to some things, but I can't. I'm a huge 🐸🐸🐸🐸 mess.

(I know that one word will be censored)
    @ninaumi, i'm sorry. i wish i could help. *hugs*
    ninaumi wrote: »
    Hello. I feel so alone right now. I'm thinking of stopping talking to everybody, but I know that's not the answer. No one did anything bad, it's just that I need some understanding when it comes to some things, but I can't. I'm a huge plum mess.

(I know that one word will be censored)

Hello @ninaumi
    I am sorry that you are going through a hard time and are feeling alone. I send hugs to you <3
    I am sorry that you are feeling that the people in your life are not understanding how you are feeling, and you aren’t getting the support that you need as you endure through this hard time of your life. It would be best not to stop talking to others. As you tell them more about how you are feeling inside, they may help to be more understanding of you and provide the caring and listening support that you need. It may help to see your doctor or a counsellor to talk things over and discuss how you are feeling. They will caringly listen and offer help and support.
    I send more hugs to you <3
  • Katie123Katie123 Posts: 925 Member
    @pennypolendina I'm so glad your pup is ok! <3 take care
    tumblr_n25chlaSo01rrajoto1_500.gif

Katie123
  • ninaumininaumi Posts: 363 Member
    Thank you @fewlines and @rosemow <3

I'm better now. :)
    hi @ninaumi, i'm glad! :)
  • LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    This isn't much of a "hard time", but it's still annoying me. 1-3 Years ago a lot of my baby teeth were coming loose and falling out at once, and now 2 that didn't fall out decided to become loose. They're on either side of my teeth. The right one has been loose for a while and might come out soon, but it's still a little painful to eat on that side. The left one became loose 3 days ago and it really hurts when i do anything on that side of my face, like eating. Worse is, i have to deal with this for months probably as i'm the type of person to just let a tooth come out naturally unless it's been loose for way too long.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
    This isn't much of a "hard time", but it's still annoying me. 1-3 Years ago a lot of my baby teeth were coming loose and falling out at once, and now 2 that didn't fall out decided to become loose. They're on either side of my teeth. The right one has been loose for a while and might come out soon, but it's still a little painful to eat on that side. The left one became loose 3 days ago and it really hurts when i do anything on that side of my face, like eating. Worse is, i have to deal with this for months probably as i'm the type of person to just let a tooth come out naturally unless it's been loose for way too long.

Helo @LyricSimsz15
    I am sorry that you are experiencing pain from your two loose teeth. You wouldn’t enjoy eating your meals as much, when the teeth are causing you pain whilst eating the food.. I send hugs to you <3 I hope that they may fall out soon. If the pain persists , it may help to visit a Dentist about it. It is not nice that it is painful for you, and would be tiring and a stress on your body, and so the dentist may be able to remove them for you.
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,648 Member
    @ninaumi glad you are better now. sending hugs and prayers your way.
    @LyricSimsz15 i agree with rosemow. dentists are the experts when it comes to our teeth, so i would visit a dentist if your problem with your teeth persists. hope your problem is resolved soon. sending hugs and prayers your way.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    @LyricSimsz15 I have a dentist phobia but I geared myself up to endure enormous pain when I went to the dentist to get an errant wisdom tooth out. Two injections of pain relief. I was astonished when he told me to rinse out as I hadn't felt it much at all. Felt a bit ashamed of my fuss. Be brave and go to the dentist. "Hugs"
    Mchap353 wrote: »
    @LyricSimsz15 I have a dentist phobia but I geared myself up to endure enormous pain when I went to the dentist to get an errant wisdom tooth out. Two injections of pain relief. I was astonished when he told me to rinse out as I hadn't felt it much at all. Felt a bit ashamed of my fuss. Be brave and go to the dentist. "Hugs"

Hello @Mchap353
    You don’t need to be ashamed that you were concerned when you needed to visit the Dentist. There are many people that are fearful that they may experience pain with the dental treatment. I am so glad that the removal of your wisdom tooth went well and your didn’t have pain :) Dentists are caring and will give injections to prevent people from enduring pain through the treatment procedure,
    I send hugs to you <3
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    edited October 2017
    Thank you @rosemow I am such a coward about eyes and teeth though and have the greatest admiration of people like my brother who never has pain killer injections - but he faints if approached with a syringe, having had so many when he had osteomyalitis! (True).
  • Misa_wants_PepsiMisa_wants_Pepsi Posts: 229 Member
    So, found out the reason my kitty was unhealthy. Worms. He's not an outside cat, so I have no idea where he got them. My mom helped pay for the meds, so he's healthy now yay. My brother however, had another episode. We took him to crisis again, this time I showed the personal the texts he sent me, because I had a feeling he didnt teel them how bad he was feeling. He has schizophrenia, and is in a care facility, so part of me is a little angry because it feels like they aren't doing their job. (I know they have other people, I didn't say it was logical.) Were now waiting for tuesday for an appointment with his case worker. So here's hoping we get the help he needs.
    So, found out the reason my kitty was unhealthy. Worms. He's not an outside cat, so I have no idea where he got them. My mom helped pay for the meds, so he's healthy now yay. My brother however, had another episode. We took him to crisis again, this time I showed the personal the texts he sent me, because I had a feeling he didnt teel them how bad he was feeling. He has schizophrenia, and is in a care facility, so part of me is a little angry because it feels like they aren't doing their job. (I know they have other people, I didn't say it was logical.) Were now waiting for tuesday for an appointment with his case worker. So here's hoping we get the help he needs.

Hello @Misa_wants_Pepsi
    It is good that you were able to find out the cause of your kitten being unwell , and he is heathty again now. It was kind of your mother to help pay for the costs of the medication.
    I am sorry to hear that your brother had another mental issue episode. It was helpful for you to show to the medical staff the texts that he sent to you. It would help them in understanding his situation and how he is feeling. I hope that the appointment on Tuesday will be beneficial for his health and that he will get the help and support that he needs.
    Sending a hug to you <3 as you caringly support him.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    I got a new doctor (meet her on Friday)-well she wants to get bloodwork done. But here's the problem Dad would prefer to drive me over to Town O to get the bloodwork done at his bloodwork lab but I rather go to the more local one in our town since I can at least walk to that one and go on my own (not to mention more familiar w/ it). Since I'm an adult I should decide which lab I should go too...not be decided for me like I'm some child.

6adMCGP.gif
    @Misa_wants_Pepsi good to hear that you figured out what is wrong with your cat.

sorry to hear that your brother isn't feeling well. he's lucky to have a sister who cares about him and helps him. sending hugs and prayers to you both.
    MadameLee wrote: »
    I got a new doctor (meet her on Friday)-well she wants to get bloodwork done. But here's the problem Dad would prefer to drive me over to Town O to get the bloodwork done at his bloodwork lab but I rather go to the more local one in our town since I can at least walk to that one and go on my own (not to mention more familiar w/ it). Since I'm an adult I should decide which lab I should go too...not be decided for me like I'm some child.

Hello @MadameLee
    Your Dad may be concerned that you may feel unwell after having the blood tests done. Some people can quite sick and giddy after a blood test. He may feel that he wants to be with you, in case that is how you feel after the tests are done. Sometimes people can have this reaction to blood being taken, even if they have never been unwell after having blood taken on other occasions. He may be just caring about you and your health <3
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    edited October 2017
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @MadameLee
    Your Dad may be concerned that you may feel unwell after having the blood tests done. Some people can quite sick and giddy after a blood test. He may feel that he wants to be with you, in case that is how you feel after the tests are done. Sometimes people can have this reaction to blood being taken, even if they have never been unwell after having blood taken on other occasions. He may be just caring about you and your health <3

I only now discovered I need to fast beforehand but still I would rather go on my own like an adult..and I would prefer to walk there then Dad haul me around..since that's unhealthy for me.
    6adMCGP.gif
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @MadameLee

I only now discovered I need to fast beforehand but still I would rather go on my own like an adult..and I would prefer to walk there then Dad haul me around..since that's unhealthy for me.

Hello
    With you needing to fast before having the tests, it would be wise to have your Dad with you when having the test.
    It is not that your parents are not considering that you are an adult. It is that they are caring about how you may be feeling without having had food for a while, and are concerned that you may feel faint after having the blood test. They are caring for your health. They want to be with you in case of ill effects. Walking to the blood test place may not be good whilst you have been fasting.
    edited October 2017
    @LyricSimsz15, i hope you feel better.

@Misa_wants_Pepsi, i'm happy your cat is okay now. sorry to hear about your brother. hopefully the appointment goes well and they can find a way to help him more effectively. *hug*

@MadameLee, just wake up at the time you need to and walk there on your own. leave a note so nobody freaks out, i guess. or maybe you can find a compromise... you go by yourself and your father meets up with you when you're done. i've done that sometimes after giving blood; not returned on my own, i mean. but whatever you do, remember to have a good breakfast after you're done! (i'm guessing you will need to fast for 8-12 hours--you will need a plentiful breakfast and more fluids that usual. v. important.)
    hi mates. double-posting to tell that one of my coworkers' father had a haemorrhagic stroke on saturday. he's in intensive care. she's a religious person, so i would be thankful if those of you who are as well could pray for her family.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top