Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We care! Supporting Simmers going through hard times.

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,520 Member
    This isn't really a terrible thing or anything but it's so frustrating to play Sims 3 on my computer. It lags all the time, no matter what I do, simply because my computer is not powerful enough to run it.
    I put everything to the minimum and the graphics suck, but at least it becomes somewhat playable after waiting 10 minutes after loading the save game. Still, it's frustrating, and I wish I could buy a computer able to run Sims 3 decently. Ugh.

Hello @MangAnimeJe
    I am sorry that you are having issues playing Sims 3 on your computer. You may need to be a little careful that you don't harm your computer system and graphics card by playing the game on a computer that can't handle the game. You may damage your computer and not be able to also use it for normal purposes. Perhaps you could post your computer info on a thread in the Sims 3 Technical section of the forums and check to make sure that you aren't damaging your computer by playing the Sims 3 game on it. Simmers there will offer suggestions also with things to do that may help you to play the game.
  • MangAnimeJeMangAnimeJe Posts: 563 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello @MangAnimeJe
    I am sorry that you are having issues playing Sims 3 on your computer. You may need to be a little careful that you don't harm your computer system and graphics card by playing the game on a computer that can't handle the game. You may damage your computer and not be able to also use it for normal purposes. Perhaps you could post your computer info on a thread in the Sims 3 Technical section of the forums and check to make sure that you aren't damaging your computer by playing the Sims 3 game on it. Simmers there will offer suggestions also with things to do that may help you to play the game.

Hello @rosemow
    I could try doing that. I know that my computer can handle it with everything at minimum and it runs fairly decently, but might as well ask for another opinion. It's just weird that my older computer could run it perfectly while this one, more powerful, can't.

Hello @MangAnimeJe

Hello @rosemow
    I could try doing that. I know that my computer can handle it with everything at minimum and it runs fairly decently, but might as well ask for another opinion. It's just weird that my older computer could run it perfectly while this one, more powerful, can't.

Hello
    The simmers there may be able to offer help so that you can enjoy playing the Sims 3 games without having as many issues. It is not nice that you are needing to cope with lagging when you play the game :(

I hope someone can help, I do still enjoy the game regardless of the lagging but I'd probably enjoy it more without all the lag.
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    edited August 2017
    @MangAnimeJe: in all honesty, TS3 load times are still going to be bad even on the most spec'd-out computers. I have a home-built gaming desktop with an SSD and an i7 processor and a GTX 1060 card with 6gb of video memory and I still have load times of a few minutes for TS3. It's worth it because I love the game, but don't beat yourself up over not having the best computer. It won't solve every TS3 problem because that's just how the game is.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    @MangAnimeJe Hopefully you can work something out soon. :)

@InfraGreen did you change your avi? It looks different.
  • nykspadenykspade Posts: 13 New Member
    sorry to barge in-i was playing the sims 4 yesterday and my sim almost died in a fire while cooking and i freaked out..... lol
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,645 Member
    @CupcakeViolence glad to hear your surgeries went well. hope you and your cat have speedy recoveries. <3 hugs <3
    @MangAnimeJe several months ago, i tried to play TS3 as i was missing some of my favorite TS3 sims. game was so laggy, i had to quit. i have the same computer that i used to play TS3 on without all the lag. imo it's not the computer, the problem is TS3 doesn't play like it used to.
    nykspade wrote: »
    sorry to barge in-i was playing the sims 4 yesterday and my sim almost died in a fire while cooking and i freaked out..... lol

Hello
    When a fire occurs when playing the Sims, it can give you a surprise! It is good that your sim didn't die from the fire.
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    @MangAnimeJe: in all honesty, TS3 load times are still going to be bad even on the most spec'd-out computers. I have a home-built gaming desktop with an SSD and an i7 processor and a GTX 1060 card with 6gb of video memory and I still have load times of a few minutes for TS3. It's worth it because I love the game, but don't beat yourself up over not having the best computer. It won't solve every TS3 problem because that's just how the game is.

If only startup times was the only problem :D It does lag all the time, that's why it's really annoying.
    @MangAnimeJe several months ago, i tried to play TS3 as i was missing some of my favorite TS3 sims. game was so laggy, i had to quit. i have the same computer that i used to play TS3 on without all the lag. imo it's not the computer, the problem is TS3 doesn't play like it used to.

Could be. Who knows.
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    @MangAnimeJe Hopefully you can work something out soon. :)

I hope too, to be honest. I like TS3 and it sucks to not be able to play it.

• MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    My parents and I like to share or talk about news (sometimes I get it first via FB or they get it first by TV news). Well sometimes it might take days for something to be posted on FB and when I try to talk w/ my parents about (item) and Dad's is something like "Who cares? It's was on the news a couple of nights ago". That to me is rude. I can't help it when the only time I listen to the news is when I'm making supper on Fridays (or helping Dad with school nights suppers which I am NOT looking forward to returning too)..
    6adMCGP.gif
    MadameLee wrote: »
    My parents and I like to share or talk about news (sometimes I get it first via FB or they get it first by TV news). Well sometimes it might take days for something to be posted on FB and when I try to talk w/ my parents about (item) and Dad's is something like "Who cares? It's was on the news a couple of nights ago". That to me is rude. I can't help it when the only time I listen to the news is when I'm making supper on Fridays (or helping Dad with school nights suppers which I am NOT looking forward to returning too)..

Hello @MadameLee
    I am sorry that your Dad says that to you. It is always thoughtful, kind and caring to listen to the news that others say to you, however recent or however the length of time has passed that it has occurred. It is special to talk things over with /amongst family members, and discusses things that have happened in the world or in your lives. Keep trying to share and discuss news with your family, and if your Dad responds to this way, just try not to let it upset you , and instead talk over that piece of news just with your Mother.
    edited August 2017

Hello @MadameLee
    I am sorry that your Dad says that to you. It is always thoughtful, kind and caring to listen to the news that others say to you, however recent or however the length of time has passed that it has occurred. It is special to talk things over with /amongst family members, and discusses things that have happened in the world or in your lives. Keep trying to share and discuss news with your family, and if your Dad responds to this way, just try not to let it upset you , and instead talk over that piece of news just with your Mother.

since most of the news stuff that I might see on FB are something that we feel important..(sorry lack of better words). Like the off-duty cop case which took place in my hometown late last Dec and the SIU wasn't informed until April or anything to do with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act). Since what i was going to talk about earlier today with my parents was about a disabled person and their partner being turned away because they had a service dog from a B&B in Prince Edward County.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • fewlinesfewlines Posts: 1,488 Member
    @MadameLee, he ought to realise that even if something is not "news" anymore, you all can still discuss/talk about it! i mean, don't people talk about stuff that's happened in the past? sigh.
    fewlines wrote: »
    @MadameLee, he ought to realise that even if something is not "news" anymore, you all can still discuss/talk about it! i mean, don't people talk about stuff that's happened in the past? sigh.

especially when Dad is sometimes quizzes me about history when I'm not prepared for it.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    @rosemow I know it has been a while since I visited here. I just want to get some stuff off my chest :D I have been taking injections for my MS for years now. The last few months they have sent me some new injections (same medicine, just a different "all in one" injector!! ) This new injector really makes me sick. You have to push it further into your body just to get the button to release the medicine. My stomach would get so bloated (if you stuck a pin in it, I am sure it would blow up) and the flu symptoms were terrible. I can't believe how sick I would get. I decided to just not take them. It has been three weeks now and I am feeling so much better. Now that I am retired, I take it easy and try to remain stress free so I don't relapse. My back is sensitive at times so I just have to take it real easy when my back starts acting up. My Neurologist said he would put me back on the syringes so I can use my old auto injector. It just makes me mad that they thru this other one at me, knowing I did so well on the old one (I didn't have to push it so deep in, but it worked fine, as my relapses were far and few between). I question the Dr's these days :D

My brother's ex-wife was diagnosed with Lyme's Disease. He said they misdiagnose people with MS all the time, when they really have Lyme's Disease (not sure of the spelling). Symptoms are a lot alike and I would understand if it was Lyme's Disease, as I grew up with ticks everywhere :D . It is hard because no one in my family has MS. No one understands how tiring it is and the effects of relapses. I tend to think I do have MS because of the symptoms and anyone can get it, its just a matter of if its triggered. The third and final trigger for me was moving South, the climate change did it for me! My brother also gave me a book for my Birthday called "The Other Side of Impossible". It talks about different diseases and how people handled their situation. I am only on chapter 3, but that is where it talks about MS. I never was one to research MS when I was diagnosed, I just don't want to know :D I just take it day to day, so I am kind of stuck on Chapter 3, may have to skip it :s

Anyway, I do hope everyone here is doing well and taking it a day at a time, hoping tomorrow will better! Stay positive and keep moving along! (I am not really one to give advice, but I do wish the best for everyone) <3
    @charlotteprice sorry to hear the new "all in one" injector didn't work for you. hope your relapses are few and far between <3 hugs <3
    @rosemow I know it has been a while since I visited here. I just want to get some stuff off my chest :D I have been taking injections for my MS for years now. The last few months they have sent me some new injections (same medicine, just a different "all in one" injector!! ) This new injector really makes me sick. You have to push it further into your body just to get the button to release the medicine. My stomach would get so bloated (if you stuck a pin in it, I am sure it would blow up) and the flu symptoms were terrible. I can't believe how sick I would get. I decided to just not take them. It has been three weeks now and I am feeling so much better. Now that I am retired, I take it easy and try to remain stress free so I don't relapse. My back is sensitive at times so I just have to take it real easy when my back starts acting up. My Neurologist said he would put me back on the syringes so I can use my old auto injector. It just makes me mad that they thru this other one at me, knowing I did so well on the old one (I didn't have to push it so deep in, but it worked fine, as my relapses were far and few between). I question the Dr's these days :D

My brother's ex-wife was diagnosed with Lyme's Disease. He said they misdiagnose people with MS all the time, when they really have Lyme's Disease (not sure of the spelling). Symptoms are a lot alike and I would understand if it was Lyme's Disease, as I grew up with ticks everywhere :D . It is hard because no one in my family has MS. No one understands how tiring it is and the effects of relapses. I tend to think I do have MS because of the symptoms and anyone can get it, its just a matter of if its triggered. The third and final trigger for me was moving South, the climate change did it for me! My brother also gave me a book for my Birthday called "The Other Side of Impossible". It talks about different diseases and how people handled their situation. I am only on chapter 3, but that is where it talks about MS. I never was one to research MS when I was diagnosed, I just don't want to know :D I just take it day to day, so I am kind of stuck on Chapter 3, may have to skip it :s

Anyway, I do hope everyone here is doing well and taking it a day at a time, hoping tomorrow will better! Stay positive and keep moving along! (I am not really one to give advice, but I do wish the best for everyone) <3

Hello @charlotteprice
    I send big hugs to you <3 as you live day by day with MS and its effects on your life. It would be very tiring for you . I am so sorry that the new type of injector made you feel so very sick :( That wasn't very nice for you at all! It is more beneficial for you, your well being , your health and your overall management of MS to go back on to the syringes and use the old auto injector.
    It is good to take a day by day, a step by step. I hope that when your back starts to hurt, that taking it easy can help to ease the pain a little.
    I send more hugs to you <3
    edited August 2017
    I'm both looking forward to and dreading next Saturday's family reunion at my Uncle's. I'm looking forward to it because it nice to see extended family but on the other hand I'm dreading it because there's a 50/50 chance of 3 of my unmarried cousins bringing their boyfriend with them and there MIGHT be the possibility of my sister trying to bring her partner, the one the Ps and I, were suppose to meet 2 weeks ago at D's. It makes me uncomfortable that they have partners and I don't (and I'm the one who REALLY, REALLY, REALLY wants to have kids). Sure I don't have to deal with those questions-you know the kind I mean. (Cousin Er is an exception since she been married for years and as of tomorrow will have a 18 month old baby). I'm forbidden from being upset at these things.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    Okay, so on Monday, there is gonna be a solar eclipse. And this sounds dumb, i know, but i'm actually quite scared of it. I mean there are all these rumors about it. "The eclipse will end us all" "The eclipse will paralyze America" "The eclipse will unleash a pack of rabid vampire wolves that will feast on all baked chicken" (that last one was obviously made up). I believe in the end of the world rumor less, because the world was supposed to end in 2016. And 2015. And 2014. And 2013, etc. But it's still kind of scary for me. I'm probably gonna be laughed at for this....
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
    edited August 2017
    I'm both looking forward to and dreading next Saturday's family reunion at my Uncle's. I'm looking forward to it because it nice to see extended family but on the other hand I'm dreading it because there's a 50/50 chance of 3 of my unmarried cousins bringing their boyfriend with them and there MIGHT be the possibility of my sister trying to bring her partner, the one the Ps and I, were suppose to meet 2 weeks ago at D's. It makes me uncomfortable that they have partners and I don't (and I'm the one who REALLY, REALLY, REALLY wants to have kids). Sure I don't have to deal with those questions-you know the kind I mean. (Cousin Er is an exception since she been married for years and as of tomorrow will have a 18 month old baby). I'm forbidden from being upset at these things.

Hello @MadameLee
    It is hard for you as I know that you feel upset that you don't have a partner, and you really want to have children. I send hugs to you <3 Everyone is different . There are a variety of living situations. Many people are single and don't have children. Many people have health issues that prevent them from having children or are unable to care for children. Some people don't meet their special partner until quite late in their lives. Every stage of our lives, with or without a partner, with or without children , is special and is part of our lives and life journey .
    It is hard for you to see your family members with partners or boy friends, but try to not let that upset your enjoyment of catching up with your extended family. I can understand though that it is hard for you. It will be a special day. Try to enjoy it the best you can. Your family love you and care about you <3
  • CupcakeViolenceCupcakeViolence Posts: 124 Member
    edited August 2017
    Update *

So I may have been premature in my "I'm doing good" comment.

i'm in school to be a registered nurse, i've never been the patient, not in an actual hospital

well the swelling from my teeth is outta control, I can't open my mouth and the tylenol 3s they have me decreased my pain from a 13/10 to a 8/10

so now i'm sitting in emerge getting an IV in so they can pump me full of antibiotics and pain meds... *sighs*

the nurse just hooked me up, hand IVs suck and i'm cold, and i'm never cold :(
    Come check out my selection! Finding her Prince Charming

Or my blog
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Update *

So I may have been premature in my "I'm doing good" comment.

i'm in school to be a registered nurse, i've never been the patient, not in an actual hospital

well the swelling from my teeth is outta control, I can't open my mouth and the tylenol 3s they have me decreased my pain from a 13/10 to a 8/10

so now i'm sitting in emerge getting an IV in so they can pump me full of antibiotics and pain meds... *sighs*

Hopefully you get better soon. *hugs* <3
    Okay, so on Monday, there is gonna be a solar eclipse. And this sounds dumb, i know, but i'm actually quite scared of it. I mean there are all these rumors about it. "The eclipse will end us all" "The eclipse will paralyze America" "The eclipse will unleash a pack of rabid vampire wolves that will feast on all baked chicken" (that last one was obviously made up). I believe in the end of the world rumor less, because the world was supposed to end in 2016. And 2015. And 2014. And 2013, etc. But it's still kind of scary for me. I'm probably gonna be laughed at for this....

Hello @LyricSimsz15
    It is understandable that you have fears about the solar eclipse. It is not dumb, or anything to laugh at you about your worries and concerns. It is a very rare and different event to take place, and it can lead to fears troubling your mind when you read of rumours about it. Try to calm your inner self, and think that there has been solar eclipses before and the world kept going just as normal. The solar eclipse is a natural event. It has taken place at times throughout history, and the world has kept functioning.
    I send hugs to you <3 Try to not listen to rumours that cause you concern. Try instead to enjoy this rare weather event.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top