Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We care! Supporting Simmers going through hard times.

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    It is nice to know this thread is still going strong after all the years. Makes me smile to know there is a virtual world of friendly people still here on sims

Hello @JENNIFERZ77
    Thankyou very much for your very kind words about the thread <3
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    I normally try to go to the gym 3 days a week-I been neglecting going at least once every week. But started on June the 12 my (normal route) is closed to take down the 'highway bridge" (ie a bridge which has a underpass of a highway going towards Toronto). So it means I have to do through/around Go Train (ie a commuter train) station not once not twice on the days I go-until October except for the week off I get in July due to Bible Camp. It also means i'm in an unsafe potion on my way there-I mean I know I can handle it since I handle it on Wednesday-but there's a ramp for the said highway right in my pathway between X street and the Station. I mean I been crossing it going home for years and in my younger years, Mom and i took that way to get to the station.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »
    I normally try to go to the gym 3 days a week-I been neglecting going at least once every week. But started on June the 12 my (normal route) is closed to take down the 'highway bridge" (ie a bridge which has a underpass of a highway going towards Toronto). So it means I have to do through/around Go Train (ie a commuter train) station not once not twice on the days I go-until October except for the week off I get in July due to Bible Camp. It also means i'm in an unsafe potion on my way there-I mean I know I can handle it since I handle it on Wednesday-but there's a ramp for the said highway right in my pathway between X street and the Station. I mean I been crossing it going home for years and in my younger years, Mom and i took that way to get to the station.

Hello
    You will need to be careful as you travel the different route from what you normally travel. The more you travel the route though, the more accustomed you will become on travelling on this different pathway to get to the gym. I hope that will always have safe travels <3
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello
    You will need to be careful as you travel the different route from what you normally travel. The more you travel the route though, the more accustomed you will become on travelling on this different pathway to get to the gym. I hope that will always have safe travels <3

I have travelled with mom going in the direction of the Go Station from the time I was 4 (probably younger)-2014 when Mom and I got Presto Cards (similar to Oyster Cards) and used (bus) but we come home from Toronto by Go Train. I know when I get to the ramp area to turn sideways and see if traffic light facing south is red and then cross (or cross when there's no one turning onto the ramp)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    I'm really, really, really thrilled about something and I HOPE Mom and I get to go to place after it's opened for this "something" we didn't go to (place) last year but we normally do it every summer
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    I'm really, really, really thrilled about something and I HOPE Mom and I get to go to place after it's opened for this "something" we didn't go to (place) last year but we normally do it every summer

Hello @MadameLee :)
    It sounds very exciting the feature that you are thrilled about at that place! I hope that you and your mother will be able to visit the place! :)
  • Options

It sounds very exciting the feature that you are thrilled about at that place! I hope that you and your mother will be able to visit the place! :)

it's a children/family amusement park on an Island of Toronto. It has a 1890s feel to it and Mom and I have gone mostly every year and our favourite rides are the sky ride and the log flume (ie the only water-related ride). But for some years there been some problems with you know jerks dropping shoes, etc off the sky ride and hence closing the ride for others like Mom&I and 2 years the ride was closed when Mom and I went and it was closed the one time I went with Dad-turned out there needed to be a new um engine. The year before last Mom and I left and we didn't see any sign of a sky ride (which would be easy to see from the ticket booth) and we were a bit disappointed and I follow (Park) on FB I discovered there's a new sky ride being installed
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

it's a children/family amusement park on an Island of Toronto. It has a 1890s feel to it and Mom and I have gone mostly every year and our favourite rides are the sky ride and the log flume (ie the only water-related ride). But for some years there been some problems with you know jerks dropping shoes, etc off the sky ride and hence closing the ride for others like Mom&I and 2 years the ride was closed when Mom and I went and it was closed the one time I went with Dad-turned out there needed to be a new um engine. The year before last Mom and I left and we didn't see any sign of a sky ride (which would be easy to see from the ticket booth) and we were a bit disappointed and I follow (Park) on FB I discovered there's a new sky ride being installed

It is great that a new sky ride is being installed ! :) Your Mother and yourself will enjoy going on the ride when you visit the Amusement Park.
  • Options
    We have 3-while 4 actually-but we only use 3 kind of outdoor recyling bins. The one that tries to reach for the sky is the one I use for Container recyling and the other two down-to-earth boxes are for cardboard&paper (any paper newspaper, and not). While Dad has this habbit of putting the 3 boxes together and it's a pain in the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 when it's rains which means if i wearing clogs, or in my sandals..my feet get rained on by the recyling bins. But another issue is that SOMEONE (presumbley dad) is notarious for putting PAPER FLYERS and other Paper stuff into the CONTAINER recyling so if I have to go and dump some containers into the outdoor one (because they might fill up the indoor one by themsleves)-I have to fiddle around w/ the boxes and dump the papers into the CORRECT box plus dealling with my naked feet been rained on by the boxes. Do you know what's its like dealing with wet paper?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    We have 3-while 4 actually-but we only use 3 kind of outdoor recyling bins. The one that tries to reach for the sky is the one I use for Container recyling and the other two down-to-earth boxes are for cardboard&paper (any paper newspaper, and not). While Dad has this habbit of putting the 3 boxes together and it's a pain in the plum when it's rains which means if i wearing clogs, or in my sandals..my feet get rained on by the recyling bins. But another issue is that SOMEONE (presumbley dad) is notarious for putting PAPER FLYERS and other Paper stuff into the CONTAINER recyling so if I have to go and dump some containers into the outdoor one (because they might fill up the indoor one by themsleves)-I have to fiddle around w/ the boxes and dump the papers into the CORRECT box plus dealling with my naked feet been rained on by the boxes. Do you know what's its like dealing with wet paper?

Hello
    I am sorry that you are having to deal with this issue as a result of the location of the boxes and the incorrect placement of the items in the boxes. It would cause you to feel a bit frustrated when you feet get wet :( Perhaps just gently reminding your Dad again about the correct postioning of the boxes and what should go in each of them may help.
  • Options
    We have 3-while 4 actually-but we only use 3 kind of outdoor recyling bins. The one that tries to reach for the sky is the one I use for Container recyling and the other two down-to-earth boxes are for cardboard&paper (any paper newspaper, and not). While Dad has this habbit of putting the 3 boxes together and it's a pain in the plum when it's rains which means if i wearing clogs, or in my sandals..my feet get rained on by the recyling bins. But another issue is that SOMEONE (presumbley dad) is notarious for putting PAPER FLYERS and other Paper stuff into the CONTAINER recyling so if I have to go and dump some containers into the outdoor one (because they might fill up the indoor one by themsleves)-I have to fiddle around w/ the boxes and dump the papers into the CORRECT box plus dealling with my naked feet been rained on by the boxes. Do you know what's its like dealing with wet paper?

Hello
    I am sorry that you are having to deal with this issue as a result of the location of the boxes and the incorrect placement of the items in the boxes. It would cause you to feel a bit frustrated when you feet get wet :( Perhaps just gently reminding your Dad again about the correct postioning of the boxes and what should go in each of them may help.

Well when he can't remember simple instructions like "Don't peel potatoes for potato wedges" or "don't cook asparagus for 10mins" or "Don't make meatloaf with raw WHITE onion" I highly doubt that dad would remember not to put papers into the non-paper recycling.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    911TruthBear911TruthBear Posts: 626 Member
    Well, I guess I have an update on the supervisor postion

Update on the Job:. Just had 10 minute phone interview with new Market Manager...We should​ have a new club supervisor by the end of the week... I hope I get it!
    More importiantly, I am glad to know that the process is almost coming to and end and as strange as this will sound--if I don't get it, , I hope he or she will be a vast improvement over the last three duds we had the last four years!

I applied way back on May 16th! They sure took their sweet time deciding!
  • Options
    Well, I guess I have an update on the supervisor postion

Update on the Job:. Just had 10 minute phone interview with new Market Manager...We should​ have a new club supervisor by the end of the week... I hope I get it!
    More importiantly, I am glad to know that the process is almost coming to and end and as strange as this will sound--if I don't get it, , I hope he or she will be a vast improvement over the last three duds we had the last four years!

I applied way back on May 16th! They sure took their sweet time deciding!

Hello @911TruthBear
    It was good to read the update on how your application to become the supervisor is going. It is good that you have now had the phone interview. I hope that you will get the position ! :)
    It has taken a little while to get to this stage, so it will be good for you to know the results, either way, by the end of the week.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    My Dad's going Fishing on Thursday. Well due to how early everyone has to leave (Dad at either 5 or 6, Mom at 7:30 and IF I was going to New Leaf about 9:10am) and normally Cider, our dog doesn't normally eat until closer to noon. Well in the past when I told Mom how early I have to leave Mom will say "that's too early" which means I end up staying at home. But when I told them today..Mom says "That's fine for the dog to eat" . Not like anything interesting happening THIS Thursday the only Interesting Thursdays were/are: June 8th (Medieval Times), June 15th (Naxlone Training), and June 29th (if weather is good-outdoor picnic). But Mom says I should go at least ONCE prior to next Thursday in case of the picnic being cancelled but again, from experience the ONLY reason it could be cancelled if its a thunderstorm is suppose to happen between 11-1pm. I mean I WENT to New Leaf today.. and I also told them that I have to dog-sit on Thursday.

and I wouldn't be back home until 2:45
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    My Dad's going Fishing on Thursday. Well due to how early everyone has to leave (Dad at either 5 or 6, Mom at 7:30 and IF I was going to New Leaf about 9:10am) and normally Cider, our dog doesn't normally eat until closer to noon. Well in the past when I told Mom how early I have to leave Mom will say "that's too early" which means I end up staying at home. But when I told them today..Mom says "That's fine for the dog to eat" . Not like anything interesting happening THIS Thursday the only Interesting Thursdays were/are: June 8th (Medieval Times), June 15th (Naxlone Training), and June 29th (if weather is good-outdoor picnic). But Mom says I should go at least ONCE prior to next Thursday in case of the picnic being cancelled but again, from experience the ONLY reason it could be cancelled if its a thunderstorm is suppose to happen between 11-1pm. I mean I WENT to New Leaf today.. and I also told them that I have to dog-sit on Thursday.

Hello
    Your Mother may be encouraging you to attend New Leaf, so that you can enjoy spending some time away from the home and enjoy talking to the other people who attend the meeting. It is often enjoyable just to spend time somewhere else, even if there isn't anything particularly happening that is special. It is good catching up with other peoples news and sharing about what has been happening in your own life as well.
  • Options

Hello
    Your Mother may be encouraging you to attend New Leaf, so that you can enjoy spending some time away from the home and enjoy talking to the other people who attend the meeting. It is often enjoyable just to spend time somewhere else, even if there isn't anything particularly happening that is special. It is good catching up with other peoples news and sharing about what has been happening in your own life as well.

New Leaf isn't a meeting but a day program it runs Monday-Thursday but only offers food Monday, Tuesdays&Thursdays. I normally go on Mondays&Thursdays. I gone all month on both Mondays and Thursdays and most of last month as well. Each month has a theme like next month is about Canada. I forget what this month's is (I think self-esteem? but we did that back in MARCH) and the only 2 of the 3 things for June been interesting at all.. the Medieval Times field trip and last Thursday's Naxolene training. The 3rd item isn't until next Thursday. Everything else is a yawnfest for me(ok one time outside of 2 Thursdays was interesting-that happened to be about boundaries which my Dad HAD lacked) except whatever is for lunch.

It just if I go to New Leaf (a day-program) I'm leaving the dog in a crate for over 6hrs. Since I would be leaving at 9:10am and not be back until 2:45. and yet in the past when we discuss dad's fishing or hunting trips Mom normally says "That's too early" (for the dog to be have food) so its seems odd she's contradicting herself this time.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    CupcakeViolenceCupcakeViolence Posts: 124 Member
    I have really bad anxiety which sucks cause I love being outside and doing things in groups but some days I the thought of being around anyone makes it hard to breath

Anyways I'm starting my first shift at Plan A tomorrow (Plan A is a healthcare organization that provides staffing solutions to institutions (such as Longterm care facilities and hospitals) it is essentially substitute teachers but substitute healthcare workers instead) and I'm scared out of my mind, I don't know how to use the facilities charting because I've never used online charting, I don't know where I'm going ( I've been in my current city for about a week cause I just moved in with my boyfriend and the town I'm going to tomorrow is 2 hours away ) I don't know the floor and I've already had a panic attack about this last night plus than I had a nightmare I overslept and couldn't find the RPN I'm supposed to report to tommorw and I'm just freaking out
    Come check out my selection! Finding her Prince Charming

Or my blog
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    I have really bad anxiety which plum cause I love being outside and doing things in groups but some days I the thought of being around anyone makes it hard to breath

Anyways I'm starting my first shift at Plan A tomorrow (Plan A is a healthcare organization that provides staffing solutions to institutions (such as Longterm care facilities and hospitals) it is essentially substitute teachers but substitute healthcare workers instead) and I'm scared out of my mind, I don't know how to use the facilities charting because I've never used online charting, I don't know where I'm going ( I've been in my current city for about a week cause I just moved in with my boyfriend and the town I'm going to tomorrow is 2 hours away ) I don't know the floor and I've already had a panic attack about this last night plus than I had a nightmare I overslept and couldn't find the RPN I'm supposed to report to tommorw and I'm just freaking out
    As a fellow anxiety sufferer myself I know how bad that can be. Something that helps me is to listen to calm, relaxing music. Or, to do some sort of activity to get my mind off of whatever is bothering me at the moment until I start to feel calmer. If all else fails, I like to put my mouth on a pillow and slowly breathe into it until the panic attack goes away.

6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    KatNipKatNip Posts: 1,067 Member
    I actually got into an accident a while back and I can't remember some things. They're mainly things that revolve around ex-friends, but things that I recently did I can't remember. It's really annoying, because I won't remember why I went to the bathroom even though I desperately need to go. Guess I'm just like a sim, huh? I'm too young to be forgetting things like this, though. :'(
  • Options
    I have really bad anxiety which plum cause I love being outside and doing things in groups but some days I the thought of being around anyone makes it hard to breath

Hello @CupcakeViolence
    I send big hugs to you <3 I will be thinking of you as you start your first shift at Plan A tomorrow. When doing things for the first time or starting a new job , it can lead to feelings of uncertainty and concern. Perhaps your boyfriend could travel with you to the facility to help you reach where it is located? When you get to the facility, there will be staff there that will help and assist you in getting used to how things work. They will answer questions that you have, and help,you settle into the work. and what it involves. After the first day, things will feel a bit easier because you will have been there and are more familiar about the set up,of the facility and your work.
    Try to get some restful sleep tonight.Sleeping can calm your mind and body. Try listening to your favourite music before going to slrrp. . Try watching tv or a movie, or do something else that you enjoy doing, such as simming, to focus your mind on something else. Have a good breakfast in the morning , so as to keep your energy levels up for all that tomorrow holds.
    I send a another hug to you <3
  • Options
    KatNip wrote: »
    I actually got into an accident a while back and I can't remember some things. They're mainly things that revolve around ex-friends, but things that I recently did I can't remember. It's really annoying, because I won't remember why I went to the bathroom even though I desperately need to go. Guess I'm just like a sim, huh? I'm too young to be forgetting things like this, though. :'(

Hello @KatNip
    It would be very beneficial for your health to make an appointment with your doctor and explain what is occuring. He or she will be able to test you and see if there are underlying health issues, or a delayed reaction to your accident. Sometimes when we are tired, or in pain or under stress, we can forget things. But it would be wise for you to visit your doctor to be checked over, to see what may be causing your forgetfulness, I send hugs to you <3
  • Options
    KatNipKatNip Posts: 1,067 Member
    KatNip wrote: »

Hello @KatNip
    It would be very beneficial for your health to make an appointment with your doctor and explain what is occuring. He or she will be able to test you and see if there are underlying health issues, or a delayed reaction to your accident. Sometimes when we are tired, or in pain or under stress, we can forget things. But it would be wise for you to visit your doctor to be checked over, to see what may be causing your forgetfulness, I send hugs to you <3

Thank you! I appreciate it. :)
  • Options
    fewlinesfewlines Posts: 1,488 Member
    good luck, @CupcakeViolence!

@KatNip... i feel you. it's not the same because you were in an accident (i am sorry about that!) and i take medication which destroys my short-term memory. i do feel like a sim, too. *hug*
  • Options
    fewlines wrote: »
    good luck, @CupcakeViolence!

@KatNip... i feel you. it's not the same because you were in an accident (i am sorry about that!) and i take medication which destroys my short-term memory. i do feel like a sim, too. *hug*

Hello @fewlines
    I send hugs to you <3 as you live day by day with your medication affecting your short term memory. I am sorry that you are experiencing this side effect.
  • Options
    CupcakeViolenceCupcakeViolence Posts: 124 Member
    @rosemow
    I wish he could but he works :( apparently there is one road through this town and there are big signs for things? He's explained the town as best he can so that's super helpful. I'm in a way better mood, I reviewed several of the online training documents and feel slightly more prepared and way less anxious. I just gotta get through this weekend (I'm there Friday-Monday, but they give me a hotel and food budget so yay) than I'll know what's going on (at least until I can get sent to the facility in town (my boyfriend and I can't wait lol, I didn't move four hours further north to work 2 hours further westfrom there :/)

Basically what I did today, could have been unpacking but I curled up and watched my current obsession (a medical show about the ER)

Thank you for your kind words :)
    @fewlines

@wolfkomoki1
    Sometimes I scream into a pillow, it helps me release some of the stress but I spent the day researching different yoga studios so that I can go and try to relax

But yeah I watched Netflix to calm down a bit, thank you for your kind words and helpful suggestions :)
    Come check out my selection! Finding her Prince Charming

Or my blog
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top