Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We care! Supporting Simmers going through hard times.

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    I went to the psychiatrist, but it only made me feel worse. I feel like I'm just hopeless in life.

Hello
    You have had an upsetting day. You are going through a time of your life where you are needing to work through many issues. You will have times when life seems hard. At the same time, there are brighter days ahead. It can be hard for you to see that at the moment, but the better times are ahead. Patches of sunshine will break through the clouds that you may feel that are around you. You have inner strength. Hold tightly onto that. Keep remembering that you and your life are so precious and special. You have a special future ahead.Try getting some rest now. Sleeping will help both your mind and body.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    It's 5:37 and my family is going to a restaurant. And how would you know about my future?
    It's 5:37 and my family is going to a restaurant. And how would you know about my future?

I wasn't sure where you lived and thought it may have been night time where you live.
    I don't know what your future will hold. I do know though that you will have special times ahead. Whatever is ahead in the lives of people, through sickness and in good health, through hardships and times of ease, through sadness and through happiness, there are special times for each and every person. We don't know the future. We just need to rest in the present time, and keep our hearts open to better times now or later on, when life feels tough .
  • LillaGrisenLillaGrisen Posts: 510 Member
    edited January 2017
    @Simtown15 I don't believe @rosemow would know anything about your future, but I do believe they want to support you in your current struggles (since that's kind of what this thread is about). You seem to be in a dark place at the moment, and from personal experience I know it can seem like the "think positive!"-support is the plumest thing in the world, but what's important to remember is that it's coming from a good place.
    I don't believe @rosemow knows anything about you besides what you've told us, but if a complete stranger believes that things will get better for you, isn't it worth having a bit of faith in your own future yourself?
    I sincerely hope that your situation gets better soon and that you'll be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Remember that we fellow simmers are here for you :smile:
    Don't worry about it ;)
    It's not fair! The light keeps playing tricks on me! I think I'm almost there, but it moves farther away! I've already calculated that Saturday and Sunday will both be bad days and every day after is currently uncertain!
  • razrfengrazrfeng Posts: 17 Member
    Faith in humanity slowly being restored. Good to know people have yet another place to vent and receive caring support! :)
    razrfeng wrote: »
    Faith in humanity slowly being restored. Good to know people have yet another place to vent and receive caring support! :)

Hello @razrfeng I send a hug to you <3
  • Ashley4455Ashley4455 Posts: 6 New Member
    Good to see something like this up. Everyone could use a safe space to vent and get support for things. I myself just recently got out of the hospital from a relapse from Crohn's Disease. Was diagnosed 7 years ago along with multitude of health problems. RA, kidney stones, had full knee replacement 2 years ago. I was on a medication and my disease was in remission for 7 years til now when my insurance had issues then I had problems finding doctors. So naturally things took a turn for the worst because I didn't have my medication. But I'm getting back on track, blessings for small miracles that I was able to be released before my birthday and able to go back to work. My job is all I have keeping me going. I love my job and I'm proud of the work I do. I work in a Alzheimer/Dementia place. I guess that's why I love Sims so much because I escape into it's world, away from the stress and health issues. I get to do things I can't do in my own life. I think this is the greatest game ever and I will always be a player! Thank you for reading :)
    Ashley4455 wrote: »
    Good to see something like this up. Everyone could use a safe space to vent and get support for things. I myself just recently got out of the hospital from a relapse from Crohn's Disease. Was diagnosed 7 years ago along with multitude of health problems. RA, kidney stones, had full knee replacement 2 years ago. I was on a medication and my disease was in remission for 7 years til now when my insurance had issues then I had problems finding doctors. So naturally things took a turn for the worst because I didn't have my medication. But I'm getting back on track, blessings for small miracles that I was able to be released before my birthday and able to go back to work. My job is all I have keeping me going. I love my job and I'm proud of the work I do. I work in a Alzheimer/Dementia place. I guess that's why I love Sims so much because I escape into it's world, away from the stress and health issues. I get to do things I can't do in my own life. I think this is the greatest game ever and I will always be a player! Thank you for reading :)

Hello @Ashley4455.
    I send hugs to you <3 as you live day by by with your health issues and their effects on your life. I am so sorry to hear that you had a relapse from Chron's Disease. The hospital is a beneficial place to be when health issues occur, where medical staff can monitor the condition, provide treatment , and set up ongoing support. It is very good though when the time comes and patients can come home.
    Your job is so very special <3 Thankyou for caring for and supporting the lovely people with Alzheimer's and Dementia. It is not nice that people are affected by these diseases.
    Simming is a great way of helping us to take a break from real life and all that day has held or the pressures of life. It is lots of fun too!
    Thankyou for posting about yourself on this thread <3
  • MangAnimeJeMangAnimeJe Posts: 563 Member
    I've been going through hard times for years already, and by now I just wish I'd be able to at least be good in school. I don't know what to do, where I'll end up being, nor if I'll ever find a job, I just... would like to get good grades. I've been studying since the beginning of the school year but nothing really seems to work. It just doesn't stay in my brain.
    The fun thing is, if it only was school then I wouldn't feel so bad about this, but no, it's everything together.
  • LillaGrisenLillaGrisen Posts: 510 Member
    I've been going through hard times for years already, and by now I just wish I'd be able to at least be good in school. I don't know what to do, where I'll end up being, nor if I'll ever find a job, I just... would like to get good grades. I've been studying since the beginning of the school year but nothing really seems to work. It just doesn't stay in my brain.
    The fun thing is, if it only was school then I wouldn't feel so bad about this, but no, it's everything together.

I think most people at some point doubt where they're going and what they're going to do with their lives, and it's important to know that you're not alone. I definitely think that if you start talking to people close to you you'll probably find that they've experienced something similar and are able to sympathise with your situation. Maybe they can even give you some advice on how to cope with it.

As for the grades, I'll give you the same advice my parents give me when I panic over my grades: "As long as you pass, it's fine."
    While grades may count for something when applying for a job, what might be even more important is that you actually passed all your courses. It's easy to overwork yourself and, in doing so, fail the course when aiming for higher grades, so it's better to just study the basics and learn those very well before you start trying to learn the advanced stuff. Hammering in the basics first may in fact even be the key to learning the advanced stuff; how are you supposed to learn how to walk if you haven't learned how to crawl?

Lastly, I think I'd share my own study techniques with you. Obviously what works and what doesn't work varies from person to person, but I usually find that I remember things easier if I write it down or discuss it with classmates. If you have someone to study with, try quizzing each other; this way, you might have to correct each other and thus learn it yourselves all the while. If you don't have someone to study with, I usually find that writing down a summary on whatever I'm studying (like a certain chapter in a textbook) helps me remember.
    Note: A thing that might be important to remember as well is that trying to study a couple of hours straight without a break might not be very effective. If you're reading you should probably take a break every twenty/thirty minutes, get up and move around and let your head clear for a bit before continuing :smile:

Hope you can get something good out of this long post :wink:
    Don't worry about it ;)

Hello @MangAnimeJe
    I send hugs to you <3 It is not nice for you that you have been going through hard times for many years. It would be wearying and tiring on both your mind and body. They interact together, and sometimes can make it hard to concentrate. Sometimes life can feel a bit overwhelming when you are needing to endure through hard patches of life, and concerns that we have about school studies, or what the future ahead holds or the availability of a job, deepens and intensifies in our minds. It would be beneficial to talk over how you are feeling with a family member , a friend or a counsellor or doctor. Talking issues through gives the opportunity to put into words our inner feelings, and through doing that, it helps us to find ways through the issues. You can also receive support and advice from those whom you talk to, and they will be able to know how best to assist and support you in all the you are feeling.
    I send another hug to you <3 Try taking a day by day.
    OMG FML!!! We got back together, but earlier today, I heard him CHEATING ON ME!!! WHY MUST MY LIFE BE SO TERRIBLE?!?!
  • The_Black_FamilyThe_Black_Family Posts: 32 Member
    Might as well post here.

I just returned from hospital after a recent suicide attempt at home. Got a bad brain concussion and two broken ribs from it - am now on anti-depressants.
    I am fine again, kind of. It hurts very much to breathe and walking is almost impossible, but I am recovering.
    I finally moved away from my abusive mother, and now live with a friend I met via the internet and my father, bi-weekly changing places.

And, how's your life going?
    OMG FML!!! We got back together, but earlier today, I heard him CHEATING ON ME!!! WHY MUST MY LIFE BE SO TERRIBLE?!?!

Hello @Simtown15
    Perhaps you should have a talk with him and discuss what you both feel about your relationship, where you both feel it is heading, and talk about the future ahead. It would bring your feelings out into the open and may prevent you further hurt and pain both now and in the future,
    Oh, so basically what I tried doing last Friday, leading to him breaking up with me?
    Might as well post here.

I just returned from hospital after a recent suicide attempt at home. Got a bad brain concussion and two broken ribs from it - am now on anti-depressants.
    I am fine again, kind of. It hurts very much to breathe and walking is almost impossible, but I am recovering.
    I finally moved away from my abusive mother, and now live with a friend I met via the internet and my father, bi-weekly changing places.

And, how's your life going?

Hello @The_Black_Family
    I send hugs to you <3 I hope that each day your physical injuries may continue to heal and the pain ease a little bit.
    With your mental state, you may feel a little fragile. Your recovery from the attempt will be an ongoing process. Try taking a day by day,There will be good days and other days not so good. Keep remembering that you and your life are so very precious and special. You are uniquely you, and have so much worth and value in this world. Times and life can feel tough, and struggles seem overwhelming. At these times, try resting in your inner strength. Remember that dark clouds will slowly pass away. The sun is still there, just a little hidden. It is hard at times, but try to focus your mind on something else until the struggles seem to lessen.
    It is good that you are able to spend time living with your Dad.
    Oh, so basically what I tried doing last Friday, leading to him breaking up with me?

Talking things over together is a part of the relationships process. Perhaps he needs to spend some time away from you to work through how he is feeling about the relationship.
    So basically what I found out after scouring the internet for hours the next day?
    Ok nvm false alarm
  • MangAnimeJeMangAnimeJe Posts: 563 Member
    @LillaGrisen Thank you, I appreciate the help! I use a similar way to study, might as well try yours. Thank you.

@rosemow I have to go to the doctor tomorrow since I might almost have broken a bone accidentally (although I'm enduring, it's not terrible), so I might as well talk to him. Thank you!

I will see what I can do, and I shall keep you guys updated.
  • RevanRevan Posts: 127 Member
    Hey @Simtown15

First of all, I'm terribly sorry that you've been going through this horrible situation with your significant other. Of course, this might not help you a whole lot right now, but you should know anyway that there are people who care about you and want you to become happy (again) eventually, regardless if they know you personally or not.
    You have absolutely every right to be sad, angry, frustrated or whatever kind of emotion you may be experiencing right now. Expressing any of these emotions will (in the long run) help you to process what has been happening lately in a healthy way, hopefully.
    Sadly, I don't think that anybody here is able to give you that one piece of magical advice that you're looking for...all I can tell you is this: Once you've been able to process your thoughts and emotions - for now, at least - reflect carefully on the situation between you and your significant other. You care for him deeply as I've come to understand it by reading your recent posts, and it is - in principle - great that you are able to feel this kind of devotion to another person, but I think that you should make sure that you receive this kind of devotion back as well. You deserve to be treated with the outmost respect and love. Now, of course I don't know you or your significant other personally, but from what I've seen so far in my own life is that sometimes we want our significant other (or any other person we care about deeply) to be this truly special person for us that we fail to see that their actions are hurtful and also, to be frank, disrespectful - or maybe we are able to see it, but instead of realizing that our devotion might have been misplaced, we drag ourselves down to a dark and miserable place because of this one person and their actions...and in the end, it is you - and you only - and the faith you have in yourself that can help you to reach an epiphany that will lead you to this light you've been searching for lately. So, if there is anything you can take away from this, it's this: Have faith in yourself and remember that your happiness comes first. If you realize this, I think you will be able to find a solution for your current situation, and you will make a decision that will help you to find the light. This might take some time, and yes, you will probably feel all sorts of horrible emotions during this process, but this will eventually lead you to a better place in your life, I'm sure of it.
    "Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?"

@LillaGrisen Thank you, I appreciate the help! I use a similar way to study, might as well try yours. Thank you.

@rosemow I have to go to the doctor tomorrow since I might almost have broken a bone accidentally (although I'm enduring, it's not terrible), so I might as well talk to him. Thank you!

I will see what I can do, and I shall keep you guys updated.

Hello @MangAnimeJe
    It would be beneficial to talk over how you are feeling with the doctor.
    I am sorry that you have injured yourself and may have accidentally broken a bone :( It would be painful! I hope that the healing of the injury goes as smoothly as possible .
  • RevanRevan Posts: 127 Member
    Ok nvm false alarm

Aww, okay, that's good then. I typed my reply to you and didn't realize you had posted again in the meantime. Sorry about that!
    "Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?"

• yunanescayunanesca Posts: 303 Member
    Hi all I'm sorry I 've been gone for while I recently lost my husband just the past January 11th and I'm still here but slowly I'm still quiet broken an and sad. but it seems work on my sims give me a smile back it was some he would never want me to give up on some that made me happy to work on I'm slowly getting back up and picking up what pieces are left and to walk again. I still fee like I'm in a haze. but I'm slowly getting out of it. I was working on projects until my husband passed. and then everything came to a frozen halt.
    ~Sincerely,Yunanesca~
    My show case.
    jjqfre10.png
    click the button for my Sims 4 Creator Studio
    http://yunanesca.tumblr.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top