Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We care! Supporting Simmers going through hard times.

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    I've been having a lot of trouble with my eyes (floaters and spots) and headaches recently. I've been to see my eye doctor and had a retina scan and my eyes are healthy and my doctor says my headaches are anxiety-related. But no one understands how they're making me feel. My mom thinks I'm complaining too much and imagining it, and my doctor dismissed everything I had to say because I've got anxiety. Then on Friday the 13th (what luck I have) I had a cancer scare (which the doctor has said he's 90% sure is nothing to worry about) but it still feels worrying waiting for test results. I just feel like no one will listen to me or take me seriously. I had my anxiety under control but since my eyes and head have started I'm finding it hard not to worry and think the worst and it makes it worse that no one understands how I feel. I can't play a computer game or read a book or do my college work without my eyes and head annoying me. It feels like I can't stop worrying and I'm finding it hard to think about the future and not keep thinking "my life is ruined" or "I'll never live the life I want".

Hello @Simanite
    I send hugs to you <3 When we have eye problems and headaches it can make us feel quite unwell and can be very painful. I am so sorry that you are experiencing these things. The pain that you are feeling with your headaches would be increasing your feelings of anxiety which then leads to more painful headaches, so it is not a nice circle of cause and effect. Having the cancer scare would have been quite upsetting and distressing. It would have cause you increased anxiousness, and may have made your eye issues and headaches more intense. It is understandable that you would still feel concerned as you await the test results. I will keep you in my thoughts in all that you are going through in your life. Try to take a day by day , or even an hour by hour. There will be days and hours better than others, just as there will be not so good days. Try not to think of the future when you are feeling anxious. Try instead to focus your mind on doing something you enjoy doing, that may bring you some relief from your physical and mental pain.
    I send another hug to you <3
  • Options
    NobodySimNobodySim Posts: 31 Member
    ... I just feel like no one will listen to me or take me seriously. I had my anxiety under control but since my eyes and head have started I'm finding it hard not to worry and think the worst and it makes it worse that no one understands how I feel. I can't play a computer game or read a book or do my college work without my eyes and head annoying me. It feels like I can't stop worrying ...

I understand. Though it took me a while. I am the only one in the family I married in to without anxiety, so of course, all my children also have problems with anxiety too. Their gene is strong. It can be hard for those of us with less anxiety to fully grasp how much it does effect those who deal with it daily. It took many years watching half a dozen or so relatives before I took it seriously enough. Now when one of them says something like you did above, I take it seriously!

Like Rosemow said, certainly a cancer scare will increase the feelings. You may have had it under control, but watching my relatives, how much it effects a person varies from day to day, and crisis to crisis. If you can't stop worrying, then it is flaring up larger than what you usually use to control it. Since I do take it seriously, I'm repeating what you said back to you. Whatever it is you do to help, try to increase it. If that isn't a good option, talk to someone who knows your coping mechanisms and options and find ways to increase whatever you need, maybe temporarily, until this crisis is over. One of my kids, now an adult, even learned to increase her coping things whenever she could anticipate new stress (new semester, finals, new job, a move, etc ..) to help even out these anxiety bumps. She also gets the headaches then.

• Options
    LuckyKittenCatLuckyKittenCat Posts: 4,640 Member
    hi sad, I'm KIITOMII XD

welp now that's outdated
    lemme just...
    Hi sad, I'm LUCKY :D

I am undead! :smiley:
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Remember me from 2 weeks ago? Things finally went back to normal and yesterday was a great day, but it happened again: the mysterious hang up, then the absence. I heard he's sick, but I miss him and feel bad for him. Today is a particularly boring day too. I just want it to end. And I have a headache like the last person, so yes, it's anxiety. I don't understand. Yesterday was the best day of my life. And, to make things even harder, the reason yesterday was the best day ever is because he told me that he loves me. Now I feel like life hates me.
  • Options
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    Remember me from 2 weeks ago? Things finally went back to normal and yesterday was a great day, but it happened again: the mysterious hang up, then the absence. I heard he's sick, but I miss him and feel bad for him. Today is a particularly boring day too. I just want it to end. And I have a headache like the last person, so yes, it's anxiety. I don't understand. Yesterday was the best day of my life. And, to make things even harder, the reason yesterday was the best day ever is because he told me that he loves me. Now I feel like life hates me.

Hello @Simtown15
    I send hugs to you <3 Having a headache as well as how you are feeling in general can make you feel tired, unwell and make the day feel a little overwhelming. Pain impacts us both physically and mentally, and affects how we are feeling. It can make us feel anxious and impact our thoughts, You will have good days, just as you will have days that are not as good. Try to take a day by day at a time.
    With your relationship , just try to take a step by step. With him not feeling too well, he needs to have time to rest and recover . Things will proceed as time goes along , just the way it is meant to be.
    I send another hug to you <3
  • Options
    Thanks. I've kept reminding myself that tomorrow will probably be better, but what if it isn't? I wish I didn't have to just wait and see. I have to see a boring play tomorrow and I wish I wasn't being forced to go. If he's still going to be sick tomorrow, I might as well assume it'll be worse than today.
  • Options
    Thanks. I've kept reminding myself that tomorrow will probably be better, but what if it isn't? I wish I didn't have to just wait and see. I have to see a boring play tomorrow and I wish I wasn't being forced to go. If he's still going to be sick tomorrow, I might as well assume it'll be worse than today.

Hello
    The play may turn out to be better than you expect it to be. Try also doing other things today and tomorrow that you enjoy doing, to try to take your mind away from him being unwell. Tomorrow will contain better moments. Each day is made up of many different moments and times. Happy times, sadder times, tiring times, exciting times, reflecting times, concerned times. They all make up our day, and we need to just take an hour by hour. The sun rises and the sun sets. It will continue to do that.
  • Options
    I guess. I thought yesterday would be a bad day, so there's still a possibility that tomorrow won't be.
  • Options
    You know what? I'm sick and tired of this terrible world! I want to live on another planet!
  • Options
    You know what? I'm sick and tired of this terrible world! I want to live on another planet!

Hello @Simtown15 .
    Life will feel better tomorrow . You are going through a hard day today . You have the pain from your headache and that would be very wearying and painful. The sunshine of life still remains there even though at the moment your eyes can only see the dark cloudiness. You are so very precious. Your life is so very special. Only you can be you in this world , You have a role to play in this world and as time goes along it will unfold. Try to get some sleep now. It may help to ease the strength of the headache, and make you feel a little better.
  • Options
    At the time you posted that, I was crying loud and uncontrollably in my mom's lap, then blowing the snot out of my nose and slurping it.
  • Options
    At the time you posted that, I was crying loud and uncontrollably in my mom's lap, then blowing the snot out of my nose and slurping it.

Your mother will bring comfort to you <3 Rest in her love for you. She will caringly look after you,
  • Options
    We're going to try to have a sim make all of his/her money off the lottery.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited January 2017
    @rosemow and @NobodySim Thank you both so much for your kind words. You are both lovely. :heart: I've been feeling a bit better today because I've been doing things that take my mind off things. I always try to remind myself not to jump to the worst conclusion and to remember that there are people much worse off with very real health issues, and that my eyes and headaches are annoyances but not fatal. I'll be happy when I get my results back and start to try and get back to a normal schedule. Thanks again.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I guess. I thought yesterday would be a bad day, so there's still a possibility that tomorrow won't be.

I hope you're ok and coping. I know how it feels to have extreme mood swings (like a Sim in Sims 4!) and it's not nice. Things feel like they're a million times bigger than they are. Just remember you have people who love you and you're in control of the future. We have to be strong and learn to push through the bad times.
  • Options

I hope you're ok and coping. I know how it feels to have extreme mood swings (like a Sim in Sims 4!) and it's not nice. Things feel like they're a million times bigger than they are. Just remember you have people who love you and you're in control of the future. We have to be strong and learn to push through the bad times.

Thanks. That's the whole reason I haven't committed suicide. It's hard to find people who actually understand me. My teachers tell me to suck it up, which to me feels like I got punched in the face, and my mom tries to comfort me, but she just doesn't seem to understand. There was this one therapist, but her husband got really sick and I haven't seen her since.
  • Options

Thanks. That's the whole reason I haven't committed suicide. It's hard to find people who actually understand me. My teachers tell me to suck it up, which to me feels like I got punched in the face, and my mom tries to comfort me, but she just doesn't seem to understand. There was this one therapist, but her husband got really sick and I haven't seen her since.

Hello @Simtown15
    It would be good to talk over how you are feeling with your current therapist. Try to explain how you are feeling inside. He or she will try to help you. Although no one can understand fully what someone else is going through , the more you talk it over with others, the more they can understand how you are feeling and offer the support that you need. People do care about you, and want the very best for you, even though sometimes it may feel they don't understand.
  • Options
    The psychologist I mentioned previously didn't have an opening until today. Maybe that'll help. I'll update then.
  • Options
    The psychologist I mentioned previously didn't have an opening until today. Maybe that'll help. I'll update then.

Hello @Simtown15
    It is good that you are able to talk things over with the psychologist today. It will be beneficial for you to share how you are feeling with them. Sending a hug to you <3
  • Options
    It was EVEN WORSE than I thought!!! AND HE BROKE UP WITH ME ALREADY!!! :'(:'(:'(
    We aren't even friends anymore!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    My life SUCKS!!!
  • Options
    It was EVEN WORSE than I thought!!! AND HE BROKE UP WITH ME ALREADY!!! :'(:'(:'(
    We aren't even friends anymore!!!

Hello @Simtown15
    It is hard when relationships break up. At the moment you are hurting inside, and that is understandable . It is painful for you at the moment, but time is healing. You will gradually feel not as upset as you do now. There will be another special person in your life. At the right time, they will come into your life. Talk over with your mother how you are feeling. She would understand how you are feeling, from when she was younger. At the moment, what has happened is still freshly occured, and that is hard. Time makes things a little easier to cope with and how you feel about what has happened.
  • Options
    I just don't understand. Just 2 days ago he said he loved me and it was the best day of my life! Now I wish I could die. Not just because of that, all the things combined! I wish I could understand life! And I REALLY love him. Like, I couldn't imagine myself with anyone else. Like, I wanted to get married and grow old together! But now, we're not even friends, and I don't know why.
  • Options
    I just don't understand. Just 2 days ago he said he loved me and it was the best day of my life! Now I wish I could die. Not just because of that, all the things combined! I wish I could understand life! And I REALLY love him. Like, I couldn't imagine myself with anyone else. Like, I wanted to get married and grow old together! But now, we're not even friends, and I don't know why.

Hello
    It is hard for you. Perhaps it would be best to try to let him have some space for a few days. He hasn't been well, and perhaps he needs to have some time on his own just to work through issues that he is going through. By giving him that time alone, it may help in the long term. Wait for a few days and see what happens. You are hurting now. The pain will ease a little as time goes on. I send a hug to you <3
  • Options
    I went to the psychiatrist, but it only made me feel worse. I feel like I'm just hopeless in life.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top