Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We care! Supporting Simmers going through hard times.

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    Clarkie100 wrote: »
    Apologies for having been away. My life has been a bit difficult this last year or so and a family member passed away last September.

I'm currently going through a sort of trial to see if I can handle the after effects of another surgery. This and family stress has caused me to tumble back down.

I'm trying to pick myself back up and keep happy, but it is proving difficult.

I wish everyone here a good new year, one that is brighter than ever. :)

Hello @Clarkie100 .
    I am sorry that you are going through a hard,difficult and stressful time in your life. I send hugs to you <3 Sometimes life can feel a bit overwhelming. It can also be hard when coping with depression and anxiety. It is hard, but try just to take a day by day, an hour by hour. You are precious and are special.
    I will keep you in my thoughts. Sending another hug to you <3
  • Clarkie100Clarkie100 Posts: 1,708 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Apologies for having been away. My life has been a bit difficult this last year or so and a family member passed away last September.

I'm currently going through a sort of trial to see if I can handle the after effects of another surgery. This and family stress has caused me to tumble back down.

Hello @Clarkie100 .
    I am sorry that you are going through a hard,difficult and stressful time in your life. I send hugs to you <3 Sometimes life can feel a bit overwhelming. It can also be hard when coping with depression and anxiety. It is hard, but try just to take a day by day, an hour by hour. You are precious and are special.
    I will keep you in my thoughts. Sending another hug to you <3

Thank you @rosemow I send you hugs back <3 I do need to take things day by day, I often think too far ahead and worry. I will definitely try and work on that. :)
  • sims21975sims21975 Posts: 214 Member
    Sorry to hear that hope you and family be well soon I 've and hard times too. Get well soon...
    2qxq5qd.jpg
    cheek me out on the gallery #sims21975
    sims21975 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that hope you and family be well soon I 've and hard times too. Get well soon...

Very sorry to hear that, hope you're okay. :)
  • UniquePuggleUniquePuggle Posts: 864 Member

All of this just seems too much to deal with at once. I am so sorry. :(

It has been a difficult year or so, I had two surgeries in '15 which I've only just really gotten over. And moments ago I just found out another family members cancer has returned. :(

But with good family, friends, games, and fellow simmers, I know I will get through it :)

It has been a difficult year or so, I had two surgeries in '15 which I've only just really gotten over. And moments ago I just found out another family members cancer has returned. :(

But with good family, friends, games, and fellow simmers, I know I will get through it :)

Hello @Clarkie100
    I am sorry to hear that the cancer has returned for a family member. I send a hug <3 to you as you support them through this time and as you walk through your life's pathway and all that it is holding for you. May your family , friends and simming be an encouraging light in your day by day life.

I am glad to hear that you have people that can support you. These are some really heavy things to deal with, and it sounds like you need someone to help share the burden. When stuff like this happens, usually we freeze up or become numb, or swallowed up by grief, and don't realize the passing of time. We need our loved ones to help us out with day to day tasks, so we don't get behind. It's like you said, we deal with it one day at a time. That is all you can do, and I hope you don't put too much pressure on yourself to be the perfect person to everyone else too. You need to make sure your own pitcher is full before you can give of yourself to your family. Be kind to yourself sweetheart. <3

Hello @Clarkie100
    I am sorry to hear that the cancer has returned for a family member. I send a hug <3 to you as you support them through this time and as you walk through your life's pathway and all that it is holding for you. May your family , friends and simming be an encouraging light in your day by day life.

Thank you @rosemow :) I am just trying to keep my head above the water at the moment, so to speak. I can't really let myself stop to think about it all, as it will be a bit much. I appreciate the support here and send hugs back. <3

I am glad to hear that you have people that can support you. These are some really heavy things to deal with, and it sounds like you need someone to help share the burden. When stuff like this happens, usually we freeze up or become numb, or swallowed up by grief, and don't realize the passing of time. We need our loved ones to help us out with day to day tasks, so we don't get behind. It's like you said, we deal with it one day at a time. That is all you can do, and I hope you don't put too much pressure on yourself to be the perfect person to everyone else too. You need to make sure your own pitcher is full before you can give of yourself to your family. Be kind to yourself sweetheart. <3

I do consider myself to be lucky there. :) It has been hard work on my part to keep it all together, and even bring some of my family together, but it's been worth it. Life is too short and can change at anytime unfortunately, so it's nice to have support during hard times.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    I had a traumatic experience last Wednesday while facetiming my best friend and I have been very anxious ever since. Sometimes I hear a 2nd voice in my head telling me to do stuff I don't want to. I keep seeing things on YouTube that remind me of it, so I'm too scared to watch YouTube (Which usually calms me down) now. The next day (yesterday), we facetimed again and the call suddenly hung up. He didn't call back. I haven't seen him at all today. He still hasn't called back. And last night, I had a bad dream about what happened Wednesday. I'm so worried!
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    I had a traumatic experience last Wednesday while facetiming my best friend and I have been very anxious ever since. Sometimes I hear a 2nd voice in my head telling me to do stuff I don't want to. I keep seeing things on YouTube that remind me of it, so I'm too scared to watch YouTube (Which usually calms me down) now. The next day (yesterday), we facetimed again and the call suddenly hung up. He didn't call back. I haven't seen him at all today. He still hasn't called back. And last night, I had a bad dream about what happened Wednesday. I'm so worried!

Hello @Simtown15
    It is very upsetting and distressing how you are feeling at the moment. It would be beneficial for your mental health welfare to talk over how you are feeling with family members , a friend , a counsellor or a medical doctor. They will caringly listen and offer support and help. It can help to talk with others about how we are feeling. It helps to release our deep inner feelings, and is a helpful opportunity to express into words our thoughts. We can then work through how we are feeling.
    I send hugs to you <3 Please talk over how you are feeling with others.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member

Hello @Simtown15
    It is very upsetting and distressing how you are feeling at the moment. It would be beneficial for your mental health welfare to talk over how you are feeling with family members , a friend , a counsellor or a medical doctor. They will caringly listen and offer support and help. It can help to talk with others about how we are feeling. It helps to release our deep inner feelings, and is a helpful opportunity to express into words our thoughts. We can then work through how we are feeling.

Thanks, but I thought that's what you'd say. I told my mom and she's going to schedule an appointment with my psychologist.

Hello @Simtown15

Thanks, but I thought that's what you'd say. I told my mom and she's going to schedule an appointment with my psychologist.

Hello
    It is a good idea to talk over how you are feeling and what happened this last week, with your psychologist. It will be beneficial for you and your health. It was good to share how you are feeling with your mother. She will better understand how you are feeling and be in the best position to offer you the caring support and help that you need. Sending hugs to you <3

Hello @Simtown15

Hello
    It is a good idea to talk over how you are feeling and what happened this last week, with your psychologist. It will be beneficial for you and your health. It was good to share how you are feeling with your mother. She will better understand how you are feeling and be in the best position to offer you the caring support and help that you need. Sending hugs to you <3

I agree, I'm a big advocate of trying every available help, you just don't know what can work. For me it's friends, family, games and The Sims. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Kat3000 wrote: »
    I have started this thread for those simmers who may be going through hard times, and would like to have a place where they can post about how they are feeling , and receive caring support from fellow simmers. We are here for you.

Thank you so much for creating this. Trying to play my Sims 3 game has been a bust so; really do not play as much anymore. I want to because I really loved the game (Sims 2 got me hooked even though all of my neighborhoods got destroyed). I just want to have fun with it and discover all of the wonderful things that are there. Live vicariously through them! I want to do things that I know that I won't be able to do in my life (for example, visit Paris or Egypt, stomp grapes, own a dragon, drink elixirs to extend my life, enjoy a week at a spa etc. etc.). My Sims need the basic things in life and I do not know why those things are missing. I actually miss playing. So today, that is what has gotten me feeling down in the dumps.

On a lighter note, I got a promotion and am working at a new job so; hopefully, I will be able to go on a cruise in about five years or so.

Hello @Kat3000
    I am sorry that you are unable to play sims 3. It is enjoyable playing the game and doing things through our sims that we might never be able to do ourselves.
    Sometimes we have days when we feel a little bit down. I am sorry that you aren't feeling too good today. I send hugs to you <3 Try finding something that you enjoy doing, such as reading a book, or watching tv or listening to music and see if that make help you to feel a little bit better.
    Congratulations on your promotion and new job! :) That is exciting and special! I hope that you are enjoying the new work.
    Sending another hug to you <3
    Kat3000 wrote: »
    After 8 years I broke up with my boyfriend in February 2015; there was no offer of engagement. I have not dated at all. But I am okay. As usual, I seem to do financially better when I do not have a significant other. I also suffer a lot less stress. For those of you who need are not sure if you should stay or go then, weigh the pros and cons. When the cons outweigh the pros then it is best to leave. Most are not ready to take this step, even if it is staring you in the face. So, leave when you are ready and not a moment before. Leaving too soon will only send you back.

It took me multiple tries and multiple years to just let go before I finally did. Although I still think of him from time to time, I am so grateful that I made the decision. If you are suffering from relationship problems then, hang in there. Time will truly tell!

I can't wait to see all the goods things that happen to you! :) Sometimes you just gotta prune off the dead stuff before new growth can form. This will leave you room for something better to come along. <3
    I have deleted my account on that famous "blue" site.

I was finding, again, that it was having a negative impact. It was nothing but insults and a popularity race, I was receiving sarcastic comments, and tmas a result I found myself becoming sarcastic too. And that is not something I want to be, unless I have no choice. I will always stand up for myself but I, like everyone, didn't, and don't, need all that negativity.

I already feel so much happier, I can now focus on other places that interest me, like the forums here, which are much more positive. :)

I was finding, again, that it was having a negative impact. It was nothing but insults and a popularity race, I was receiving sarcastic comments, and tmas a result I found myself becoming sarcastic too. And that is not something I want to be, unless I have no choice. I will always stand up for myself but I, like everyone, didn't, and don't, need all that negativity.

I already feel so much happier, I can now focus on other places that interest me, like the forums here, which are much more positive. :)

Hello @Clarkie100
    It was a good step to take to delete your account on that site, as it was causing you stress and added pressure and upset. It is best to avoid situations that are going to put you and your health under strain. You are already going under a hard time in your life and you don't want to have to also cope with the unpleasantness that was resulting from you having an account there.
    It is better to visit internet sites that you feel are more welcoming or have interests that you enjoy also.
    Sending a hug to you <3

Another good thing too, is you will quickly find out who your real friends are. I once deleted my account after gathering phone numbers from the people I cared for, and I found that I would call or text them, and I would get no response back. So these people I thought cared for me, were really only investing in my life if it was as easy as clicking 'like' or commenting on a photo. None wanted to invest time in actually hanging out or having a phone conversation. Take this time to see who notices your absence from social media. Those are the ones who really care.

Another good thing too, is you will quickly find out who your real friends are. I once deleted my account after gathering phone numbers from the people I cared for, and I found that I would call or text them, and I would get no response back. So these people I thought cared for me, were really only investing in my life if it was as easy as clicking 'like' or commenting on a photo. None wanted to invest time in actually hanging out or having a phone conversation. Take this time to see who notices your absence from social media. Those are the ones who really care.

I completely agree, sometimes access to these things makes some less social. I'm just trying to focus on the fact that I feel happier. And like you said the good friends will find other ways to keep in touch. :)
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I've been having a lot of trouble with my eyes (floaters and spots) and headaches recently. I've been to see my eye doctor and had a retina scan and my eyes are healthy and my doctor says my headaches are anxiety-related. But no one understands how they're making me feel. My mom thinks I'm complaining too much and imagining it, and my doctor dismissed everything I had to say because I've got anxiety. Then on Friday the 13th (what luck I have) I had a cancer scare (which the doctor has said he's 90% sure is nothing to worry about) but it still feels worrying waiting for test results. I just feel like no one will listen to me or take me seriously. I had my anxiety under control but since my eyes and head have started I'm finding it hard not to worry and think the worst and it makes it worse that no one understands how I feel. I can't play a computer game or read a book or do my college work without my eyes and head annoying me. It feels like I can't stop worrying and I'm finding it hard to think about the future and not keep thinking "my life is ruined" or "I'll never live the life I want".
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top