Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We care! Supporting Simmers going through hard times.

Comments

• brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    hello @rosemow i am starting to find it hard to post on the forum now because i do not have the same view of the sims4 i wish that fellow simmers would respect me just because i have a diffrent opinion or view on some of the content thats in sims4 they should know that not everyone has or have the same view of the sims game sigh and i also went to wish you happy new year 2017

Hello @friendlysimmers
    I hope that you also have a very nice New Year of 2017 :)
    This isn't a thread where simmers comment about other simmers. I will quote here what I have posted to other simmers.
    This thread is a place where simmers can come and share with each other to support each other as they go through hard times in their lives. Every one is very welcome to share here what they are going through in their lives. To make it a welcome place for all simmers to post here, it would be best not to express your feelings about fellow simmers on this thread.
    To other simmers, I know that you will also understand this too, so I would prefer that no more posts about other forum simmers are posted in this thread

so i am guessing if we feel need to vent about other simmers we should take it somewhere else. or better yet just "get over it" when it comes to that subject. honestly i do not feel the need to vent about any other simmers right now i just feel the need to vent about people in general and i am not sure if that counts. like i feel like when it comes to having issues with other people the only soultion is "get over it" or there will be will concoquences i feel like. and it sucks. to feel that way. i am not saying you are saying "just get over it" i am saying its how i feel like the world thinks of me and my situation mostly because its about how other people do things that bug and annoy me and no i am not taking about simmers but i am not sure if i am allowed to talk about living things in general.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    brendhan21 wrote: »
    hello @rosemow i am starting to find it hard to post on the forum now because i do not have the same view of the sims4 i wish that fellow simmers would respect me just because i have a diffrent opinion or view on some of the content thats in sims4 they should know that not everyone has or have the same view of the sims game sigh and i also went to wish you happy new year 2017

Hello @friendlysimmers
    I hope that you also have a very nice New Year of 2017 :)
    This isn't a thread where simmers comment about other simmers. I will quote here what I have posted to other simmers.
    This thread is a place where simmers can come and share with each other to support each other as they go through hard times in their lives. Every one is very welcome to share here what they are going through in their lives. To make it a welcome place for all simmers to post here, it would be best not to express your feelings about fellow simmers on this thread.
    To other simmers, I know that you will also understand this too, so I would prefer that no more posts about other forum simmers are posted in this thread

so i am guessing if we feel need to vent about other simmers we should take it somewhere else. or better yet just "get over it" when it comes to that subject. honestly i do not feel the need to vent about any other simmers right now i just feel the need to vent about people in general and i am not sure if that counts. like i feel like when it comes to having issues with other people the only soultion is "get over it" or there will be will concoquences i feel like. and it plum. to feel that way. i am not saying you are saying "just get over it" i am saying its how i feel like the world thinks of me and my situation mostly because its about how other people do things that bug and annoy me and no i am not taking about simmers but i am not sure if i am allowed to talk about living things in general.

Hello
    I send a hug to you <3 as you go through all that your life in general is holding. Life can at times feel a bit tiring and stressful. It may be beneficial for you to write down in private how you are feeling about life and people, and that is a way of expressing your inner feelings and can bring relief to your inner self. It can also provide help to enable you to work through how you are feeling. When putting into words how we are feeling, we work through ways to help us through what we are facing and how we are feeling. Talking things over about how you are feeling, with a medical doctor or a counselor can also help. They are a listening ear that will offer caring support, advice and help.
  • TayTayGeeTayTayGee Posts: 313 Member
    I am so lonely in real life and spend so much time on the internet I barely have enough time to interact with most people. I just talk virtually.
    edited January 2017
    TayTayGee wrote: »
    I am so lonely in real life and spend so much time on the internet I barely have enough time to interact with most people. I just talk virtually.

Hello @TayTayGee .
    I send hugs to you <3 The internet is a great and enjoyable place to talk with a variety of people from all around the world. We can share ideas, news, recipes , have discussions on a variety of topics, and good online friendships can be formed. It is also good to have people to talk to and interact with off line as well. There does need to be people that we see face to face to interact with. It may be family members, or friends, or people we see when going shopping or when going to work or school. It is best to have a balance between being online and offline. Having both parts in our lives is very beneficial for us in our daily lives and adds depth to our days. Try taking opportunitues to spend time with other people off line. It will help your well being.
  • TayTayGeeTayTayGee Posts: 313 Member
    TayTayGee wrote: »

Hello @TayTayGee .
    I send hugs to you <3 The internet is a great and enjoyable place to talk with a variety of people from all around the world. We can share ideas, news, recipes , have discussions on a variety of topics, and good online friendships can be formed. It is also good to have people to talk to and interact with off line as well. There does need to be people that we see face to face to interact with. It may be family members, or friends, or people we see when going shopping or when going to work or school. It is best to have a balance between being online and offline. Having both parts in our lives is very beneficial for us in our daily lives and adds depth to our days. Try taking opportunitues to spend time with other people off line. It will help your well being.

Yes, it is good to balance everything. Thank you for your kind words! :blush:
  • HeyBailsHeyBails Posts: 672 Member
    I've kind of had a rough home life growing up. There were good days most of the time, but plenty of bad days as well. I'm in college now, so I'm not home as often but sometimes it's still bad when I'm here. My mom has had problems with alcohol and drugs for a lot of years now. I first started noticing it when I was in 5th grade. Even people at work have noticed (we work in the same restaurant) and have tried to help but she just denies that she has a problem. She'll get drunk and then get angry about anything and everything, no matter how small. Sometimes she'll just get angry about nothing, and that's the worst part, because it's just pure blind rage. I'm home for winter break right now and she's been okay up until yesterday. Last night was particularly scary because she got angry with my dad for no reason and started hitting him and throwing everything that was on our kitchen counter -- crackers, her iPad, his Garmin, a glass of water, plates, her handheld mixer -- everything. She threw the plates of candy at me and then told me to get rid of it because she didn't want it anymore. Eventually she stormed back to her room and laid down, but then later she came back out and started yelling again. We did manage to distract her and calm her down by making her forget that she was angry in the first place.

I got called to work today and I didn't get home until around 3:00, but she was in a good mood when I got here. She was sober when I left, but not when I got back. She went back to her bed shortly after I got home and has been there since. My dad mentioned something about her texting me but I hadn't gotten any messages, so I went to her room and asked about it and she told me to just check her phone so I did, and there were three messages there that I had never gotten. I pointed this out to her and she told me to go show my dad. I took the phone to him and showed him, so we were trying to figure out the problem and how to fix it. After a while, she used the home phone to call his cell phone about the fact that we still had her cell phone. I figured that meant she wanted it back, so I took it back to her but then she got really angry at me for walking into her room, which has never been a problem before. I've just been really anxious since that happened and worried that she's going to come and yell at me or try to take my phone or computer (which, in my opinion, she shouldn't be able to do anyway because technically I'm an adult). It's been a couple hours since then though, so she's probably (hopefully) just forgotten about it by now.

I'm just on edge any time she's like that. Sometimes it makes me angry but I know there's no use in acting with my anger because she's just unreasonable and it won't make a difference.
  • elmo_gurl112elmo_gurl112 Posts: 783 Member
    edited January 2017
    HeyBails wrote: »
    I've kind of had a rough home life growing up. There were good days most of the time, but plenty of bad days as well. I'm in college now, so I'm not home as often but sometimes it's still bad when I'm here. My mom has had problems with alcohol and drugs for a lot of years now. I first started noticing it when I was in 5th grade. Even people at work have noticed (we work in the same restaurant) and have tried to help but no use in acting with my anger because she's just unreasonable and it won't make a difference.

Wow @HeyBails I don't no what to say, I am so sorry. No one should have to put up with this, have your tried getting ur mother help from a doctor? Mayb an intervention or something? I'm sorry but she sounds like she honestly needs it. I would be scared for my life if this was my mother, something she throws at you could actually hurt you. Do u spend most of ur time away because of this? I really wish I knew what to say to help, this must be horrible. I'm so sorry. If u ever wanna talk feel free to message me
    74380e5da1dd5187bb2bc2f69eff1060.jpg
    MY ORIGIN ID: Midnight292
    HeyBails wrote: »
    I've kind of had a rough home life growing up. There were good days most of the time, but plenty of bad days as well. I'm in college now, so I'm not home as often but sometimes it's still bad when I'm here. My mom has had problems with alcohol and drugs for a lot of years now. I first started noticing it when I was in 5th grade. Even people at work have noticed (we work in the same restaurant) and have tried to help but she just denies that she has a problem. She'll get drunk and then get angry about anything and everything, no matter how small. Sometimes she'll just get angry about nothing, and that's the worst part, because it's just pure blind rage. I'm home for winter break right now and she's been okay up until yesterday. Last night was particularly scary because she got angry with my dad for no reason and started hitting him and throwing everything that was on our kitchen counter -- crackers, her iPad, his Garmin, a glass of water, plates, her handheld mixer -- everything. She threw the plates of candy at me and then told me to get rid of it because she didn't want it anymore. Eventually she stormed back to her room and laid down, but then later she came back out and started yelling again. We did manage to distract her and calm her down by making her forget that she was angry in the first place.

I got called to work today and I didn't get home until around 3:00, but she was in a good mood when I got here. She was sober when I left, but not when I got back. She went back to her bed shortly after I got home and has been there since. My dad mentioned something about her texting me but I hadn't gotten any messages, so I went to her room and asked about it and she told me to just check her phone so I did, and there were three messages there that I had never gotten. I pointed this out to her and she told me to go show my dad. I took the phone to him and showed him, so we were trying to figure out the problem and how to fix it. After a while, she used the home phone to call his cell phone about the fact that we still had her cell phone. I figured that meant she wanted it back, so I took it back to her but then she got really angry at me for walking into her room, which has never been a problem before. I've just been really anxious since that happened and worried that she's going to come and yell at me or try to take my phone or computer (which, in my opinion, she shouldn't be able to do anyway because technically I'm an adult). It's been a couple hours since then though, so she's probably (hopefully) just forgotten about it by now.

I'm just on edge any time she's like that. Sometimes it makes me angry but I know there's no use in acting with my anger because she's just unreasonable and it won't make a difference.

Hello @HeyBails
    It is a very stressful situation that you are experiencing. You are unsure how your mother will be or how she will react to things or life in general, from one hour to the next. I send hugs to you <3 It puts you under a lot of strain and is wearying on your mind and body, being on edge and ever watchful and awaiting how your mother will be. You are witnessing things that are distressing and would be upsetting to you, Could you try to get her to talk over how she is feeling with a doctor or counsellor? It would be very beneficial for her to be able to discuss with another person how she is feeling deep inside. She may be using the drinking and taking of drugs as a means of coping with inner pain. She could be hoping that it will mask the pain that she is feeling. If she could over with a doctor or counsellor how she is feeling, she may then not drink or take drugs to deaden how she is feeling inside . It may be hard for you to get her to go, but perhaps another family member or a friend or a work colleague could assist you in encouraging her to see the doctor or counsellor. It may help to discuss with them your concerns about your mother.
    I will keep you in my thoughts. I send another hug to you <3 Try to get some restful sleep yourself.Your health is very important also. The situation you are in is draining. Sleeping and eating is important to keep your strength up.
    About me: my life isn't the greatest but it's not the worst, I am slowly working threw it to make my life more positive and happy. I don't have many real life friends so I get very lonely and then just throw myself into video games so I don't feel so alone. I have a job which I started about 6months ago and I love it, but I mostly work by myself so this doesn't help me become more social and make new friends. I started doing yoga to find inner peace and relaxation which really helps. Back in may 2015 my 21month old daughter passed away from cancer and me and my fiancé split up, that was the worst part of my life. I tried to replace my partner quickly as I tort it might stop the heart ache, boy was I wrong! So I am now tryin to work on myself and have no romantic interest in my life which for me feel really weird and I was never really single like ever. New Year's Eve really messed things up for me though, I went to a party and one of my exs was der one who never told me why he dumped me so I started over thinking and just going crazy with thought and we got really drunk and talked and ended up kissing and it just got really weird, for some reason I tort we were going to talk about why we broke up and sort it out and mayb work on our relationship, but boy was I wrong the next day my ex wouldn't even talk to me or reply to my messages, I guess it was just a drunken mistake, seems a lot of people make these. Sadly also on new years night I had afew cigarettes which I had quit smoking 4 months ago, I haven't taken smoking back up or anything I only had a couple while drinking New Years, but I totally regret it, all that hard work of quitting just to have mayb 5 that night. I haven't had anymore and I don't want to start smoking again, I have saved SOOO much money since I quit, I don't wanna buy them again, it's a bad habit, but I'm just kicking myself because of it.

I know you need to make choices in like and take chances otherwise ur life will never change but garh I just seem to either make bad choices or bad things just happen, I know a lot of good things have also happened in my life but I just feel that without great friends that u can trust and share these experiences with that sometimes it's not worth it. Like why do I bother working hard to get money and a good car and house if I have no one to enjoy it with, friends, family or partner. I have my parents who are great but it's not the same as having a best friend u can just go and celebrate ur achievements with and have a laugh.

I heard in a movie the other day that we should cherish the time that we are single because it is not very often that you will be standing alone, not tied up to any commitments and/or relationships, family, best friend, pet or partner. One moment when we are truely single. So cherish these moments because you don't get many.
    About me: my life isn't the greatest but it's not the worst, I am slowly working threw it to make my life more positive and happy. I don't have many real life friends so I get very lonely and then just throw myself into video games so I don't feel so alone. I have a job which I started about 6months ago and I love it, but I mostly work by myself so this doesn't help me become more social and make new friends. I started doing yoga to find inner peace and relaxation which really helps. Back in may 2015 my 21month old daughter passed away from cancer and me and my fiancé split up, that was the worst part of my life. I tried to replace my partner quickly as I tort it might stop the heart ache, boy was I wrong! So I am now tryin to work on myself and have no romantic interest in my life which for me feel really weird and I was never really single like ever. New Year's Eve really messed things up for me though, I went to a party and one of my exs was der one who never told me why he dumped me so I started over thinking and just going crazy with thought and we got really drunk and talked and ended up kissing and it just got really weird, for some reason I tort we were going to talk about why we broke up and sort it out and mayb work on our relationship, but boy was I wrong the next day my ex wouldn't even talk to me or reply to my messages, I guess it was just a drunken mistake, seems a lot of people make these. Sadly also on new years night I had afew cigarettes which I had quit smoking 4 months ago, I haven't taken smoking back up or anything I only had a couple while drinking New Years, but I totally regret it, all that hard work of quitting just to have mayb 5 that night. I haven't had anymore and I don't want to start smoking again, I have saved SOOO much money since I quit, I don't wanna buy them again, it's a bad habit, but I'm just kicking myself because of it.

I know you need to make choices in like and take chances otherwise ur life will never change but garh I just seem to either make bad choices or bad things just happen, I know a lot of good things have also happened in my life but I just feel that without great friends that u can trust and share these experiences with that sometimes it's not worth it. Like why do I bother working hard to get money and a good car and house if I have no one to enjoy it with, friends, family or partner. I have my parents who are great but it's not the same as having a best friend u can just go and celebrate ur achievements with and have a laugh.

I heard in a movie the other day that we should cherish the time that we are single because it is not very often that you will be standing alone, not tied up to any commitments and/or relationships, family, best friend, pet or partner. One moment when we are truely single. So cherish these moments because you don't get many.

Hello @elmo_gurl112
    Thankyou for sharing about yourself and your life. I am so sorry to hear about the passing away of your precious daughter from cancer. It would have been so very traumatic and distressing for you, and the pain would remain for ever in your heart. Your treasured memories of the beautiful 21 months that you had with her with will forever be kept in a special part of heart and mind. I send big hugs to you.
    Try not to keep hurting yourself by feeling upset that you smoke on New Years Day. Not smoking means a lot to you now, so use the energy to commit to keep on not smoking. It was just a hiccup on New Years Day,which with your determination will not occur again.
    The right person will come into your life in the future, and will become your partner. They will be the person that is just right for you, and that you will share life's experiences with. We don't know what is ahead in our lives, but things do all work out as we wait to see what is just around the corner in our lives.
    With making friends, often people don't have a lot of friends , just a few close friends to talk things over and do things with. Sometimes friendships can take a while to develop. They can't be rushed,they slowly evolve. As circumstances change and people age and change, friendships also change. You will make friends in the future. Be ever conscious of friendships starting to form, and at the same time let life naturally form them.
    Sending another hug to you <3
    @rosemow than you very much, you are correct things cannot be rushed and will happen in time, sometimes that is very hard to remember, but it is very true. I just need to stay positive and good things will come. Thank you so much for ur kind words and ur hugs!
  • CoemgenusKCoemgenusK Posts: 211 Member
    @elmo_gurl112 I am a pretty solitary dude who likes to keep strangers at arm's length if I can. I don't even like to talk to friends on a daily basis, and like to take socializing slow. I guess it's just different people having different attitudes about being alone.
    positively Epicurean
  • wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Update on my hand, it's a lot better now.
    6JSxk49.png?1
    Update on my hand, it's a lot better now.

Hello @wolfkomoki1
    I am glad that your hand is better now. That is great! :) Thankyou for letting us know <3 It was not nice that it happened, and that it caused you a time of pain.
    CoemgenusK wrote: »
    @elmo_gurl112 I am a pretty solitary dude who likes to keep strangers at arm's length if I can. I don't even like to talk to friends on a daily basis, and like to take socializing slow. I guess it's just different people having different attitudes about being alone.

@CoemgenusK most of my family are like that, honestly my parents have NO friends they NEVER invite anyone over and NEVER go out for coffee, I dont kno why but I just feel useless if i dont have friends or someone to care about, I know its actually silly because I have myself to care about and my own goals but idk I just like to make others happy and yehh, but at the same time i find it really hard to trust people and always think the worst like they hate me or they are using me or if they havent talked to me in ages they dont wanna be my friend anymore so i dont reach out to them anymore. I think my brain just really over complicates my life lol
    CoemgenusK wrote: »

@CoemgenusK most of my family are like that, honestly my parents have NO friends they NEVER invite anyone over and NEVER go out for coffee, I dont kno why but I just feel useless if i dont have friends or someone to care about, I know its actually silly because I have myself to care about and my own goals but idk I just like to make others happy and yehh, but at the same time i find it really hard to trust people and always think the worst like they hate me or they are using me or if they havent talked to me in ages they dont wanna be my friend anymore so i dont reach out to them anymore. I think my brain just really over complicates my life lol

Hello @elmo_gurl112
    What you are feeling is not silly at all. Everyone is different. Some people are more social than others, and some people are more shyer. Some people have many friends whilst others may have a couple of very close friends or may not have any at all. We are all uniquely different.and everyone is special
    People do care about you , even when you may feel that they don't or are not in touch. Many people are busy, and time slips by, and they don't realise that they haven't been in touch and that you are hurting as a result of that. Your reaching out to them would also be beneficial for both you and the other person. Try not to think that others don't like you. They may be just busy, and have their own worries and stresses in their lives.
    Sending a hug to you <3
  • wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    I thought I'd share one of my favorite quotes that gets me through some of my worst days.
    4lr1bp.jpg
    6JSxk49.png?1
    I thought I'd share one of my favorite quotes that gets me through some of my worst days.
    4lr1bp.jpg

Hello @wolfkomoki1 :)
    Thankyou very much for sharing the quote with us <3 It is very encouraging.
  • SingingSimmerSingingSimmer Posts: 43 Member
    I just joined, but I wanted to say that I think this thread is a really wonderful thing. My mother and I are both recovering from trauma that happened in our childhoods (I won't say what just now), and for me I'm working through the effects of being a child of a parent with trauma, because it affected how she raised me and how we relate to each other. I've been battling depression and anxiety for 5 years now and for the first time I really feel like I'm winning. I'm working with a brilliant therapist right now, and I have finally got a job in the industry I always wanted to work in (come on February!) and I truly get to make a fresh start.

My therapist says that my wisdom is one of my greatest assets, so perhaps I should try sharing it more.
    I just joined, but I wanted to say that I think this thread is a really wonderful thing. My mother and I are both recovering from trauma that happened in our childhoods (I won't say what just now), and for me I'm working through the effects of being a child of a parent with trauma, because it affected how she raised me and how we relate to each other. I've been battling depression and anxiety for 5 years now and for the first time I really feel like I'm winning. I'm working with a brilliant therapist right now, and I have finally got a job in the industry I always wanted to work in (come on February!) and I truly get to make a fresh start.

My therapist says that my wisdom is one of my greatest assets, so perhaps I should try sharing it more.

Hello @SingingSimmer
    I send hugs to you <3 with all that you and your mother have gone through in your lives, and as you recover from the trauma. It is not nice that you are enduring through depression and anxiety. It can be very tiring on your mind and body. It is great that you have a caring and supportive therapist that is helping you and is beside you as your work through the results of the effects of the trauma and the depression and anxiety.
    I am so pleased to hear the encouraging step that you feel like you are winning the battle,and have a job in the industry that you have wanted to work in. That is great! :) I hope that the preparations for starting the job continue to go smoothly.
    Thankyou for sharing about your life situation with us <3
  • UniquePuggleUniquePuggle Posts: 864 Member

It sounds like you had to grow up quickly, and take up more responsibilities than other young people your age. I am sorry to hear that you had to deal with that. It can be hard, to be the kid parenting the parent at times. But your therapist is right, the wisdom you have gained earlier in life than others, is helping you now to get that job you wanted, and it will continue to help you when you start. As children, we had to deal with the life shoved upon us. But, as adults, this is the moment that you get to take the pieces you have, and build the life you have always wanted.

I know you will be so happy with your new job. I have a feeling. <3
  • SingingSimmerSingingSimmer Posts: 43 Member

It sounds like you had to grow up quickly, and take up more responsibilities than other young people your age. I am sorry to hear that you had to deal with that. It can be hard, to be the kid parenting the parent at times. But your therapist is right, the wisdom you have gained earlier in life than others, is helping you now to get that job you wanted, and it will continue to help you when you start. As children, we had to deal with the life shoved upon us. But, as adults, this is the moment that you get to take the pieces you have, and build the life you have always wanted.

I know you will be so happy with your new job. I have a feeling. <3

Bless you. <3
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    An update on my friend -

He's home now, but he has no idea who me and mom are or where he is. He also is very unstable on his feet. :(

He still going to need lots of attention to make sure he doesn't fall. :(

I still pray that he will be okay. From what I've heard, it takes 6 months - 1 year for someone with brain injury to be "normal" again.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
    An update on my friend -

He's home now, but he has no idea who me and mom are or where he is. He also is very unstable on his feet. :(

He still going to need lots of attention to make sure he doesn't fall. :(

I still pray that he will be okay. From what I've heard, it takes 6 months - 1 year for someone with brain injury to be "normal" again.

Hello @5782341b77vl
    Thankyou for letting us know how your friend is progressing.
    I am glad that he is now home. I am sorry to hear that he doesn't recognise you or your mother, and that the fall has caused him to lose recognition of his home and environment . He has had a very traumatic and upsetting experience, and the shock may still be having a deep effect on his memory and mental state. As the days go on, his memory may slowly come back and he may regain more steadiness on his feet. He will need to ever be watchful that he doesn't stumble again. It is very good that he has the very kindly and thoughtful support of you and your mother. I send hugs to you as you caringly support and provide assistance to him. <3 I hope that slowly the healing process may continue.
  • Clarkie100Clarkie100 Posts: 1,708 Member
    Apologies for having been away. My life has been a bit difficult this last year or so and a family member passed away last September.

I'm currently going through a sort of trial to see if I can handle the after effects of another surgery. This and family stress has caused me to tumble back down.

I'm trying to pick myself back up and keep happy, but it is proving difficult.

I wish everyone here a good new year, one that is brighter than ever. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top