Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dragon Valley?

I am so tempted to buy it..... but is Dragon Valley worth the buy? Has anyone played it? And if so, what were your thoughts?
Gen1.png
Come check out my Sims 4 legacy story! We're on generation one currently.
It's Just Another Story

Comments

• AxelTaylor01AxelTaylor01 Posts: 389 Member
    Well, Dragon Valley is a bit of a mixed bag. It really depends on how you play. It is a very small world, on a larger map. However, it feels very small. I love the rabbit holes, they're beautiful. I'm not too fond of the roads, but I know a lot of people like them. Aesthetically I find it beautiful, I would get it, even though it lacks room to expand. Honestly if there's one store world I can't live without, its Dragon Valley. In fact, I'm using the rabbitholes that came with in my own world, I love the roof decorations that came with it too.

• NymphieaNymphiea Posts: 254 Member
    I am really drawn by the fact that, well..... dragons! My sim can have a dragon? Oh yes please.
    Gen1.png
    Come check out my Sims 4 legacy story! We're on generation one currently.
    It's Just Another Story
  • Cynth220Cynth220 Posts: 1,162 Member
    I own Dragon Valley and I can't hardly stand not to use it sometimes! It's an amazing mixed bag of characters and wonderful aesthetics. It's also, for me, a fun place to explore. Every time I play it I pick out something new I adore. (And the fact that it's got Dragons, as the name implies, just adds to it.) The 3 Dragons you get with the Standard Edition are awesome! Each one can do different things, like harvest a garden or help boost your charisma or even get back at that one sim you really hate! I rec' the Gold Edition honestly, more expensive but worth it 'cause of the Celtic Lands item set.
  • jude1965jude1965 Posts: 76 Member
    It's World Of Warcraft light, which is fine by me. WoW has become far too complicated. be seeing you.
  • TrimothTrimoth Posts: 418 Member
    Possibly the best store set in my opinion
    tumblr_np609wKvSy1ssn1m9o2_540.jpg

Origin id: trimoth

• Anonymous_Loba24Anonymous_Loba24 Posts: 528 Member
    If you're into the old medieval/celtic feel, this is definitely the world for you! The characters are quite the, well, people. They claim most of elf (elf or dwarf?) descent, which explains the pointed ears and weird skin colors. If you have Supernatural, it's honestly a perfect fit with Dragon Valley.
    4079d81271f2af485384f79de0670e0a.gif
  • 5W33TH34RT5W33TH34RT Posts: 323 Member
    @Yushika Did you go for it? This thread is convincing me. I couldn't decide.
  • IrisGoddessIrisGoddess Posts: 122 Member
    This is the one world I want that I haven't picked up yet. Does it ever go on sale? I already have the Duke of Bows Renaissance Faire. Would the black dragon unlock if I just got the standard edition?
    My Wish List store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=IrisGoddess
    Currently working on Muse Luxury and Tutor of Tudors.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    If you're into the old medieval/celtic feel, this is definitely the world for you! The characters are quite the, well, people. They claim most of elf (elf or dwarf?) descent, which explains the pointed ears and weird skin colors. If you have Supernatural, it's honestly a perfect fit with Dragon Valley.

Agree, if I have a witch or fairy sim, I like to put them in Dragon Valley. It just seems to fit.

Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    I really bought it for the dragons and only briefly checked out the town... BUT you know, DRAGONS! LOL. I even purchased the Fair thing so I could have the black one. That's when I realized EA knows it's suckers. Ha! And I am one of them. The town was pretty cool, I thought when I was there. The house I was playing in was set up very well and the scenery was cool.
  • jensimgirljensimgirl Posts: 160 Member
    how do you make the dragons fly anywhere i go it says there is not enough space for it to fly...
  • CeeaCeea Posts: 517 Member
    You pretty much have to go to an open lot to make them fly I've found, otherwise they just chill on your shoulder which is adorable. Dragon Valley is my favourite world too :D The one thing I wish they'd changed a bit is that the dragons would move around if you set them down. I understand why they don't (who wants to lose their baby dragon? D:) but it would be neat if they had some 'waiting' animations or flew in little circles like the bird pets do in the Pets xpack.
  • ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    The dragons are really just cute cheats. I usually wind up taking the dragons away because the Sims get obsessed with them. The dragons fill needs which is why. But I do really like the town. I like "odd" Sims and this town has them.
  • MerrySardMerrySard Posts: 97 Member
    Well I have really grown fond of giving my sims green dragons, since I'm an obsessive sim gardener. When it comes to official gardening shortcuts, they are one of the best (the other, in my book, being a Plumbot with a gardening chip).

I also have fun trying to work out names for my dragons, drawing from sources like LotR - I have a dragon named Glaurung, and another named Anglacon, who is not black, despite the Silmarillion dragon he was named after.
  • Dragon Valley is worth it I think since it has like 3 64 by 64 lot sizes which is great if you want to plop down a big manor or castle.
    It gives off sims medieval vibes which is cool oh and some of the families are really cool as well
    "I should have been a pair of ragged claws, scuttling across the floors of silent seas."
  • Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    I love the look of the world, so Celtic/medieval/mystical. It's a great place for witches and fairies, as another poster said. I didn't buy the Gold version so can't opine on the venue. I like the large lots available, but don't like that so many of the premades have weird skin colors, just not my thing. The pet dragons are only meh to me, can't do a lot with them.
  • Cynth220Cynth220 Posts: 1,162 Member
    This is the one world I want that I haven't picked up yet. Does it ever go on sale? I already have the Duke of Bows Renaissance Faire. Would the black dragon unlock if I just got the standard edition?

I can confirm that it does! I got the standard Edition on hard disk and got gifted the Faire and I now have the Black Dragon!

@Stdlr9 The Faire is amazing with all kinds of neat little add-ins like a new fence & stairs and the Violin of course. My absolute fave thing about DV beside the Dragons are the freaking CLOTHES for girls! I am in love with the hoodie the girls can wear and have paired it with the skirt from the base game before but I recently made a sim and used the jeans that come with Pets and I can't do anything else now. :lol: That and the Go-Go boots from the Boho Garden and any hair and I have endless options~ 'specially with the leather version.