Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Poll: Are you a casual or hardcore gamer?

Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
edited November 2014 in Off Topic Chat
Hiya! I just wanted to find out how many of you simmers are gamers besides me. I'm not going to update this or anything, just curious to read your answers. There is that stereotype about simmers being wannabe gamers and such but I think it's not true and personally love the sims :).

To qualify as a gamer you would need to have gaming as your hobby, and not just sims. You would frequently play alot of series whether console, pc or mmo's. So are you a gamer, and what games do you play besides sims?

Edit: I see people making lists of games so Ithought I'd list mine :)

The legend of Zelda,
Metroid
Super Mario
Mario Party
Paper Mario
Mario Kart
Pokemon
Animal Crossing
Sonic
Yoshi's Island
Super Smash Brothers
Naruto ultimate ninja series
Amazing Island
EarthBound

World of Warcraft
Runescape
The Sims
Fiesta Online
Perfect World
Forsaken World
Grand theft Auto

These are just a few of the main series favorites I play. I own hundreds of different games that don't have much series just a few stand off games. Too many to list!

Edit:
Some people are confused and think being a gamer is just bragging. All it literally is is a hobby someone has, like someone who paints is a painter etc. There's nothing special about it. All I'm curious about is if most simmers only play sims or love to play other games as hobbies too.
e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
Post edited by Zeldaboy180 on

Comments

• Options
    AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    edited November 2014
    Here's a list of series I've played:

Shin Megami Tensei
    Mass Effect
    Dragon Age
    The Elder Scrolls
    The Sims
    Grand Theft Auto

I don't really know if I qualify as a gamer. I just play the series if the gameplay/story is interesting and gets me hooked for a sequel/future installment.
    muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
  • Options
    MrGodardMrGodard Posts: 713 Member
    I'm a wannabe and don't play anything else ;)
  • Options
    PlumbobLohanPlumbobLohan Posts: 18 New Member
    edited November 2014
    Games are hard and I always get frustrated. So no, I'll never qualify as a gamer. :( #ICryEverytim
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    Hiya! I just wanted to find out how many of you simmers are gamers besides me. I'm not going to update this or anything, just curious to read your answers. There is that stereotype about simmers being wannabe gamers and such but I think it's not true and personally love the sims :).

To qualify as a gamer you would need to have gaming as your hobby, and not just sims. You would frequently play alot of series whether console, pc or mmo's. So are you a gamer, and what games do you play besides sims?

I play nothing but The Sims.

In fact, I usually find video games rather dull.

What I like about The Sims is not having objectives. I can just do whatever.

The Sims 4 is a bit limited when it comes to sandplay, but it is still there and I still enjoy it.
  • Options
    EsnesNommocEsnesNommoc Posts: 1,243 Member
    edited November 2014
    I play plenty of games. I played a lot of games before, now I am currently playing:
    + The Sims 4. ;)
    + Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution. I upload two videos playing this game just this week. o:)
    + Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth. :D
    + The Wolf Among Us. I finished the game long ago, and really hope Season 2 will arrive soon. :#
    + Tomb Raider. I have been abandoning this game since the release of the games I mentioned above, but I am still trying to play it now and then. :)
    Oh and consoles? POKEMON! :D And... Nope, I only play Pokemon for Console Games.
    o:)
  • Options
    I play plenty of games. I played a lot of games before, now I am currently playing:
    + The Sims 4. ;)
    + Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution. I upload two videos playing this game just this week. o:)
    + The Wolf Among Us. I finishes the game long ago, and really hope Season 2 will arrive soon. :#
    + Tomb Raider. I have been abandoning this game since the release of the games I mentioned above, but I am still trying to play it now and then. :)

AHHH please tell me you love the series too. I'm in love with Naruto and I'm dying inside because the series ends tomorrow :(. Well..today actually :(

• Options
    AnnePlays wrote: »
    Here's a list of series I've played:

Shin Megami Tensei
    Mass Effect
    Dragon Age
    The Elder Scrolls
    The Sims
    Grand Theft Auto

I don't really know if I qualify as a gamer. I just play the series if the gameplay/story is interesting and gets me hooked for a sequel/future installment.

I would call you a casual gamer then. The difference between a casual gamer and an intense/hardcore gamer is that casual ones just usually play a few and do it for fun. Hardcore gamers do ALOOT of player vs player and competition and own hundreds of games (like me)
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Yup yup I think that pretty much fits my playstyle, I don't really live up to the 100% completion thing.
    I was tempted to do it for Persona 3 Portable though, because I want to see that Akihiko ending. But I just didn't have the determination and strong will to go through another cryfest. :grin:
  • Options
    AnnePlays wrote: »
    Yup yup I think that pretty much fits my playstyle, I don't really live up to the 100% completion thing.
    I was tempted to do it for Persona 3 Portable though, because I want to see that Akihiko ending. But I just didn't have the determination and strong will to go through another cryfest. :grin:

:P lool

By the way, keep posting your power puff girl characters and be sure to @ me so I get notified :D
  • Options
    Sure thing! Thanks :) I plan to update them as soon as possible when S4S comes out with a new update, I'm working on the Mayor and Ms. Bellum, I just need a few CC to add that personal touch.
  • Options
    cornishovencornishoven Posts: 163 Member
    I'm not really a gamer. I've always played the Sims, and other games I enjoy are usually open world types (not being a gamer I have no idea what mmo etc means lol).
    I play the GTA games, Assassins Creed games, Skyrim (which I enjoy more than Sims tbh, I play that a LOT), stuff like that. Also play the naff app stuff like Candy Crush, Farm Heroes etc. probably spend about 25 hours a week playing games on average, sometimes more sometimes less. At the moment it's more because I seem to go through fazes, next week I might not play at all.
    Although I do have two small children (I play when they've gone to bed) and run a business from home, if I was a single person living on my own I would probably be a proper actual gamer lol :)
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    edited November 2014
    Because I'm lazy here are all the games on my computer.
    25asn55.jpg
    Right now I have more console games than pc games. Also a nintendo ds lite + nintendo dsi xl
    Game boy color and psp.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    There was time when all you needed to be a gamer was a C64 and tapeloader. Now you need expensive rigs with specific brandnames for components, play specific games that make you belong to a specific crowd and do all kinds of plum things to 100% developer-trololol, I mean achievements.

Play a game and be happy. Stop pigeonholing yourself and other people to set yourself apart in a 'I'm cooler than you' fantasy that means nothing the moment that your mother expect you to do your chores.
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    I have pretty much every single RPG on PC that ever existed.
    Singleplayer RPG, I'm not interested into MilkMeOnline rubbish.

Also have a stockpile of adventures.
    Doesn't mean I don't have a few shooters, strategies, etc.

I don't use consoles nor will - they just can't provide the level of spectacle possible on PC.
    I despise phonegames (except a pair of masterpieces that are not scamming pay2win).

I'm a gamer and can't stand mediocrity nor buggyness.
    If there wasn't this fine community here, I'd probably uninstall Sims 4 ages ago and move onto another game.
  • Options
    EllsElls Posts: 62 Member
    I have 70 games on Steam, I love my 3DS too and I played various MMOs for years, especially WoW and GW/GW2. So yeah, even though I'm a mum of 27, I'm still a gamer, pow.

Favourite game at the moment would be Saints Row The Third.
  • Options
    VibseVibse Posts: 100 Member
    looking at my game collection then yes I could be called a gamer, but one can still be called a gamer even if they don't own every single game ever relased. Gaming is my hobby.
    Origin ID: Vibse83
    The Jensen family tree
  • Options
    EsnesNommocEsnesNommoc Posts: 1,243 Member
    + The Sims 4. ;)
    + The Wolf Among Us. I finishes the game long ago, and really hope Season 2 will arrive soon. :#

AHHH please tell me you love the series too. I'm in love with Naruto and I'm dying inside because the series ends tomorrow :(. Well..today actually :(

I love the game series, actually. :p I like Naruto and jutsu and stuff too, but I just don't read Naruto manga and anime. :p
  • Options
    MrGodardMrGodard Posts: 713 Member
    There was time when all you needed to be a gamer was a C64 and tapeloader. Now you need expensive rigs with specific brandnames for components, play specific games that make you belong to a specific crowd and do all kinds of plum things to 100% developer-trololol, I mean achievements.

Play a game and be happy. Stop pigeonholing yourself and other people to set yourself apart in a 'I'm cooler than you' fantasy that means nothing the moment that your mother expect you to do your chores.

Everything started when the C64 owners who were lucky enough to get a floppy disk drive were suddenly feeling superior to those who had a datasette ;)
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    PFFT! you kids and your video games. In order to be a REAL gamer you have to play D20 RPGs and table top strategy games
  • Options
    RamssesRamsses Posts: 115 Member
    I'm a hardcore World of Warcraft raider, which means I'm too busy killing WoW bosses most nights so I don't have allot of time sim'ing. ):
    I also like to play:
    Total War
    SimsCity
    Tropio 5
    Minecraft
    Skyrim
    Magicka
    Elder Scrolls online

But really, like 90% of my gaming time goes to WoW.
  • Options
    Rubycube86Rubycube86 Posts: 294 Member
    I'm a gamer :)

I play RPG's:

Final Fantasy series
    Eternal Sonata
    Lost Odyssey
    Blue Dragon
    Oblivion
    Skyrim

And more! Playing an awesome game called NIER at the moment.

I don't generally like shooters, but I do play Borderlands because it's got RPG qualities. And also GTA and Mafia and L.A Noire.

I also like horror:

Silent Hill
    Resident Evil
    Alan Wake

And:

Assassins Creed
    Tomb Raider

I'm also a sucker for cute games like Catz, Dogz, Dog Island etc. These are on my PS2. I have an Xbox: 360 and a PS2. Oh and I also have Sims spin-offs and also Sims 3 and Sims 3 Pets for the Xbox.

And let's not forget all the arcade games I've got on my Xbox! Sonic, Slender (if you like horror, play it), Runner 2, Feeding Frenzy, Cloudberry Kingdom, some racing games, puzzle games, silly little platform games where you have to collect gems/coins etc.

So yeah, I'm a gamer and I wouldn't change this for the world.
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    GW beats WoW any day of the week
  • Options
    kerryn96kerryn96 Posts: 205 Member
    The only series I play these days are The Sims, Assassin's Creed and Pokemon. And hey, I consider playing those games hobbies, because I play them often - and when I do, it's for hours at a time haha. But I don't go around calling myself a gamer because I can see how that would look quite silly seeing as I only play like 3 different games lol
  • Options
    TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    I'd consider myself a gamer, there's quite a lot I've played and still play to this day. When I'm in the mood for gaming, The Sims is not always on my mind.

I used to be a heavy MMO player but I've fallen off a lot of those except for 1, Warframe.
    // take me back to 2018.
  • Options
    songsmith2003songsmith2003 Posts: 1,461 Member
    That would be a yes for me.

Ultima - Every single blessed one of them--including Horrible 8 and 9 and both Underworlds
    Planescape Torment
    Might & Magic - all
    Heroes of Might & Magic - all
    Civilization - all
    Alpha Centauri - all
    Black & White 1 & 2
    Baldur's Gate
    Baldur's Gate 2
    Neverwinter Nights
    Neverwinter Nights 2
    Pool of Radiance
    Dark Sun
    Ravenloft
    Stone Prophet
    Icewind Dale
    Elder Scrolls (Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim)
    Fallout 1, 2, 3 & New Vegas
    Dungeon Seige 1 & 2
    Dragon Age 1 & 2
    Mass Effect 2 & 3
    Guild Wars 1 & 2
    Resident Evil
    I Have No Mouth & I Must Scream
    Amnesia
    Betrayal at Krondor
    Arcanum
    Caesar
    Pharoah
    Children of the Nile
    Cleopatra
    Zeus
    Poseidon
    Rome Total War
    Knights of the Old Republic
    Call to Power
    Dungeon Keeper 1 & 2
    Petz
    Dogz
    Catz
    Jurassic Park
    Zoo Tycoon
    Roller Coaster Tycoon (1, 2 & 3)
    Sims (2, 3 & 4)
    Knights of Honor
    Sim City

Tons more but it's too early to think of them! I prefer games with stories or stories I can make up (like the Sims) over straight shooters (though those can be fun, too.) I also really like strategy games. This Civ Anonymous promo for Civilization 4 pretty much sums me up there.