Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One unhappy Simmer

I started Sims back on the Sony Playstation. A true addict at some periods in my life in the last 12 years. I've anxiously awaited each new Sims game and bought nearly every expansion pack. Lots of money spent here, but well worth it too me because of my love for the game. Three was my favorite. I own every expansion pack. I knew it would be hard to top three, but I had no idea how complete my disappointment would be with four. Utter...disappointment. It should be called 2.5. It lacks everything. It would be easier for me to say what I do like about it.
ummm....I like that the walls can be three different sizes, along with doors and windows. And that's it.
I hope I can find someone to buy it from so I can recoup some of my $80.00.
Very disappointed.

Comments

• whitewolf1104whitewolf1104 Posts: 12 New Member
    Lynette, I too have been a long tome Simmer and I have spent more money then I care to admit on Sims 3. I bought Sims 4 and was instantly disappointed with the game. I don't like the way it limits the creative side to the game but mostly I dislike the fact that it went from 64 gigs down to 32. I can't really understand the logic at taking such a large step backwards. Anyway, according to what I have read EA says that if 4 doesn't do well there will be no Sims 5. So if for no other reason I hope 4 does well, as I have high hopes 5, if it is ever released, it will be a step up. So, as of now I play Sims 3, and I will keep 4 but I probably won't be playing 4. I know this doesn't help, but it's all I have to offer..
  • MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    I started simming earlier than yourself Lynette with the PC version of Sims 1 (which came out well before any console versions) and I solved any pending disappointment by simply not buying the game. The minute I heard about base game items no longer being available (pools) and that they were going back to Sims 1 (no offence sims 1, I loved you!) baby just arriving in a bassinet and then just morphing into a child and you being completely unable to interact with your baby other than feeding etc, and turning other features of the game into an RPG like achievement required to unlock, I knew the new game was not for me. As I told my daughter, the Sims 4 was the first game in the franchise that I have no interest in buying. Sequels are meant to improve upon what was last released, not regress, not take everything away so that we know we'll be forced to purchase it through your overpriced and overused Sims Store. The Store really became a heavy, heavy focus with the release of The Sims 3 so I could only see that getting worse. It's disappointing, but I'm glad I failed to give into the hype and realised before I spent the literal fortune they were asking for this game that it was going to be a trainwreck of disappointment, because that is most of what I've heard about this game. I'm sorry you're unhappy with it, but most PC games are registered per one user only and so unfortunately selling them is nearly impossible. Hopefully somehow you are able to recover your spendings.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley
  • einshelmdweiylleeinshelmdweiylle Posts: 35 New Member
    You are not alone... From consoles sims to pc sims, played and wasted much time. Tried Sims 4 on a friend's computer. Slightly disappointed. Too bad most of the features were not the base game. I think I'll wait a long while before trying it again. Hopefully, in time, it will get better?
  • CreamierThanMamiCreamierThanMami Posts: 684 Member
    Trust me, you're not alone.

You're probably better just going back to Sims 3, like a lot of us are.
    Fotor0510194637_zps0hyuxnv8.jpg
    If you like my story, contributions to my wishlist are appreciated!
  • cristill13cristill13 Posts: 2,162 Member
    I was planning on getting TS4. I would have to upgrade my computer to do so. I think I'll just skip it for now. Some say that more expansion packs will help, but that remains to be seen. TS3 is still keeping my interest for now.
  • Dimon6579Dimon6579 Posts: 501 Member
    Sims 4 seems like a reduex of sims 1. I believe they made it simplistic on purpose to try to get more non sims players to try it, but i think it backfired. They really need more things to do in sims 4. Yea, sims 3 right now seems better due to alot more things to do. Hopefully they will flush out the features in sims 4. Ill be happy when they get more supernatural sims in sims 4
    A sims 4 player, but i mostly play on steam. I do not own sims 4 on steam, but thru origin. I play on few occasions sims 4.