Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Storyteller Group

Comments

• Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    MAN...I am loving the Willow Creek Music Festival soo much...I have just come up with a way for its memory to live on in GNC's head forever--even though none of this actually happened in his real life lol. I'll wait until the festival is over to put it in my story. @robinsonfam, I swear...this has been like THE BEST idea of all Sim time!! I'm not sure if any of us will ever top it. I'm not even going to try :p
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    @Jes2G - So funny! I've been thinking of ways to incorporate it into my story, too! We'll have these big old mega cross-overs, like "American Grafitti," "Happy Days," "Laverne and Shirley," "Mork and Mindy."
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    @Jes2G - So funny! I've been thinking of ways to incorporate it into my story, too! We'll have these big old mega cross-overs, like "American Grafitti," "Happy Days," "Laverne and Shirley," "Mork and Mindy."

I wanted to join the crossover too! That would be awesome!
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • Options

YES!! We should ALL totally do that! I think @Robinsonfam would be honored :)
    forum_final.png

• Options
    Silvereyes83Silvereyes83 Posts: 253 Member
    Posted a new chapter on my blog. My family is growing up and moving on :( that makes me all kinds of happy-sad.
    http://omalleylegacy.blogspot.com/2014/12/chapter-125-family-news.html
  • Options
    Silvereyes83Silvereyes83 Posts: 253 Member
    @robinsonfam Got caught up on your blog. Great festival. It makes me wish I was there :)
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    nastyjman wrote: »
    I've never played a legacy challenge before. But I do want to try one in the future, maybe with normal or short lifespan because I'm a masochist.

Strict Pinstar rules are for normal lifespan. It gets to be one endless cycle of births, birthdays, courtship, babies, death. By gen 5, I start feeling a little like Time itself.

I've never finished a Sims 2 or 3 Legacy beyond Generation 5 (though I did complete the Kingdom Legacy for Sims Medieval; a ten generation monarchy with each descendant doing the Brave New World quest at the end to start a new kingdom of their own), but I think it would be hard to write a ten generation story without the game imploding in those earlier Sims games. Can Sims 4 go the distance?

I've lost a lot of special Legacies before, so I don't know how willing I am to try!! Sims 3 got to the point that even with a good gaming computer, I had to move my Legacy family to a fresh town every generation or so, sacrificing all their old friends and extended family members just to be able to continue existing... *shakes head at sad Sims 3 times*

Yup, I have Post-Sims-3-Syndrome.

OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    BilmonaghanBilmonaghan Posts: 1,552 Member
    enkeli63 wrote: »
    ... *shakes head at sad Sims 3 times*
    Hmmmm .... "Like" or "LOL"? "Like" or "LOL"? Why can't it be both.

Le Dynastie d’Angers: 83 – WWAD?
    Annette Thayer butts heads with the late Eric Lewis on her first day as steward.
    ldd083banner.png
  • Options
    KingCobblerKingCobbler Posts: 176 Member
    @Silvereyes83 Great update! And yeah, it's a little bittersweet to watch your Sim family grow and change. It can be all kinds of happy-sad. :D
  • Options
    I just got Chapter 15 of Uncertainty Principle posted in my blog B) Now we're finally onto the next day!
    OriginID Starwing6

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    BilmonaghanBilmonaghan Posts: 1,552 Member
    I just got Chapter 15 of Uncertainty Principle posted in my blog B) Now we're finally onto the next day!
    Nice work! The tension keeps ratcheting up! Nice you have time to be on this min-roll. Hope time allows for more chapters fairly soon.

Le Dynastie d’Angers: 83 – WWAD?
    Annette Thayer butts heads with the late Eric Lewis on her first day as steward.
    ldd083banner.png
  • Options
    aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member
    Posted a new chapter on my blog. My family is growing up and moving on :( that makes me all kinds of happy-sad.
    http://omalleylegacy.blogspot.com/2014/12/chapter-125-family-news.html

Its so tough when you have to start moving people out, but I've always found that I fall in love with another Sim and it makes the transition easier!
  • Options
    PinkTNTPinkTNT Posts: 53 Member
    @robinsonfam thanks for volunteering! my blog link is awestlegacy.wordpress.com/
    WxHo6OJ.png
  • Options
    Nice work! The tension keeps ratcheting up! Nice you have time to be on this min-roll. Hope time allows for more chapters fairly soon.

@Bilmonaghan, thanks! I'm going to try to get another chapter out tomorrow, though I have appointments as well. I think I'll be able to work on it over the weekend too, but this weekend we have a holiday in Finland. I may be playing co-op style with my husband while we try to get by on rations--if we're unable to beat the rush on the stores tomorrow :p
    OriginID Starwing6

• Options
    I'm trying not to literally "LOL" here at work while reading today's festival posts! I want an imagination like @robinsonfam when I grow up! :#
    forum_final.png

• Options
    Jes2G wrote: »
    I'm trying not to literally "LOL" here at work while reading today's festival posts! I want an imagination like @robinsonfam when I grow up! :#

I've been waiting for @RobinsonFam to post the links to the festival here, because there's so much I want to say about today's posts! The Giancarlo is AMAZING!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    He sure is! He's never gonna live down "The Giancarlo" lol.
    forum_final.png

• Options
    @Jes2G - Weren't you just so proud of him remaining faithful?

• Options
    @Jes2G - Weren't you just so proud of him remaining faithful?

Yes!! He made me laugh the entire time...although I was shaking my head at him as he mesmerized ALL the women lol.
    forum_final.png

• Options
    DizziestSimsDizziestSims Posts: 788 Member
    AkramA wrote: »
    Oh gosh, I love all those festival chapter, agh, just love it!
    Thanks much. I'm having a blast with it!

@Jes2G Thanks, it would have never worked without the guest Sims!
    I think crossovers are awesome! I tried to figure it out in my head to.

I was thinking that they were more like alternate universes or something like that.
    The way comic book crossovers approach different storylines.

Can't wait for Giancarlo's dream!

I think the whole idea of the festival storyline is that when people who share talent and passion work collaboratively great things can happen.

I'm a creative Sim IRL and I love being inspired by observing and working with other artists.
    Collaboration is a huge part of my pedagogy.

I also like the organic process that allowed the stories to evolve for the Festival.
    The Sims that participated are amazing and I wonder how it would have been different if there were different Sims.

Receiving Trinity a Sim with no skills and who is a rapper created an interesting challenge.
    But I think she gets some real shine tomorrow!
    From the creator of Robinson Family, Dizziest Sims is a reboot of the storytelling series with all new family and friends! dizziestsims.com #DizziestSims
  • Options
    nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    @enkeli63 I recently changed my web address to http://simcronomicon.blogspot.com

Also, I changed the text design in blog, hopefully it gives that spooky feel to it. Some revisions were made on the foreword section.
    TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png
  • Options
    DizziestSimsDizziestSims Posts: 788 Member
    THE FESTIVAL | DAY 4 PARTS I & II | GIANCARLO SHERIDANblow-kiss-sims-4-960x380.jpgRomantic violinist Giancarlo Sheridan slays the women of Willow Creek.
    But first he need to get in the mood for love.
    READ MORE
    From the creator of Robinson Family, Dizziest Sims is a reboot of the storytelling series with all new family and friends! dizziestsims.com #DizziestSims
  • Options
    AkramA wrote: »
    Oh gosh, I love all those festival chapter, agh, just love it!
    Thanks much. I'm having a blast with it!

@Jes2G Thanks, it would have never worked without the guest Sims!

I was thinking that they were more like alternate universes or something like that.

Can't wait for Giancarlo's dream!

I think the whole idea of the festival storyline is that when people who share talent and passion work collaboratively great things can happen.

I'm a creative Sim IRL and I love being inspired by observing and working with other artists.

I also like the organic process that allowed the stories to evolve for the Festival.
    The Sims that participated are amazing and I wonder how it would have been different if there were different Sims.

Receiving Trinity a Sim with no skills and who is a rapper created an interesting challenge.

Your RL passion definitely shows! Well done! I have creative tendencies (lol), but I don't think I could have ever think up anything like this. It's been amazing to watch! Can't wait to see Trinity get her props :)
    forum_final.png

• Options
    edited December 2014

I think it could be really fun if we continued with Storytellers' Group crossovers! We could hashtag any Sims that we wanted to take part with #storytellerx ! The understanding would be that these Sims, with their original identities, could be freely downloaded for crossover purposes!

A key would be that their identities were kept true to how they are in the original game, the way that @Robinsonfam has done with the guests in the festival. Of course Sims always develop and transform and show new sides to themselves, but they do so within the basic parameters of their natures.

It would be so cool if this were an annual or quarterly Festival (a Sim-year or quarter, not ours!). I'd love to see other Sims involved!

Trin has become one of my all-time favorite Sims!

• Options
    RivieRivie Posts: 782 Member

I think it could be really fun if we continued with Storytellers' Group crossovers! We could hashtag any Sims that we wanted to take part with #storytellerx ! The understanding would be that these Sims, with their original identities, could be freely downloaded for crossover purposes!

A key would be that their identities were kept true to how they are in the original game, the way that @Robinsonfam has done with the guests in the festival. Of course Sims always develop and transform and show new sides to themselves, but they do so within the basic parameters of their natures.

That was an awesome idea! I really like what robinsonfam is doing, makes it more fun to see different Sims from other 'universes' meet. I'm still trying to catch up with all the stories, some have a lot of posts already. But if you keep doing the crossovers, I'm hoping I'll be caught up in time for them.

Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png
    Kingson Family thread - Updates, Behind the scenes, Sneak peeks and more...
    The Abandoned Lot - Kingson family How the story begins...