Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 mansion & Garden doesn't work

Not really sure exactly where i'd post this, so I apologize if it is in the wrong place. Here is my problem:

I have all the Sims 2 expansion packs except the above installed. When I do install mansion & gardens, I encounter no problems until I actually try to load the game. The game launcher appears and I press play, and THEN after the launcher has closed I have the notification "The Sims EP9 has encountered a problem and needs to close, send error report, don't send error report" I have tried different methods of launching the game, and I am aware that this is a common error as soon as the launcher button is pressed, but have not seen it happen after the launcher, only when this EP is installed,so I have tried fixing it using methods when the game launcher has appeared which haven't worked. I have tried re installing it, and I have even tried using my friends mansion & gardens to make sure it wasn't a dodgy disk or something! I have windows XP, and I don't think it is my graphics card as I have recently had a new one to support my Sims 3 games, and tried installing it then with still no luck.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. :)

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

You can right click on Desktop startup icon on your desktop, choose Properties -> and on the Target line change the end to (Sims2EP9.exe) and not the Launcher-
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff\TSBin\Sims2EP9.exe"

Mine is a little different since I have Win7 but it should be the same ending. :)
  • Options
    animalshorsedoganimalshorsedog Posts: 8 New Member
    Thanks, but have just tried it and unfortunately it didn't work. As soon as i clicked the desktop icon to play the game after making the changes, the message still comes up :(
  • Options
    GodlikeGodlike Posts: 305 Member
    What's the OS you're running; and did you try to run the game windowed already? Since sometimes it has a hard time on my Win7 being full screen too. This is done by going to the shortcut and add after the TSEP9.exe "-w" with a space between the e and dash.
    Lift me up - Let me go
  • Options
    Windows XP, and adding the " -w" doesn't seem to fix it either :(
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited November 2014
    Can you show the target line of the desktop startup icon?

*Have you tried starting it from the Computer files icon? In the EP9 folder for Mansions & Gardens? (not the launcher but the EP9.exe startup )
  • Options
    "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff\TSBin\Sims2EP9.exe"

Interestingly, when I click to start the game through "Sims2EP9 (D:)" The message doesn't appear but absolutely nothing happens or loads.
  • Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    edited November 2014
    Are you trying to run it while online . I can only play mine while i am offline so i have had to block the sims 2 launcher through my virus scanner or firewall for playing sims 2 whilst my computer is online
  • Options
    zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    When I was playing sims 2 through disc install and not sims2 ultimate digital download like I have now, I only installed through EP8 which is apartment life. I used the EP8 shortcut, the launcher is absolutely unusable and unsupported anymore.

When I tried to install M & G I got a weird virus warning. It's bizarre this virus would be on a disc, if it even is, but I decided not to chance it, and I'm happy as can be with stopping at apartment life.

Good Luck :)