Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Posting pictures...feeling like a noob...

Ok, so I haven't been able to figure out how to post pictures. I was rambling around the boards, and saw several people post that you had to have 50 'points' in order to be able to post pictures. What are these points, and how does one attain them?

Comments

• iButterfreeiButterfree Posts: 2,043 Member
    You gain points when other users "Like" your posts. As far as I'm aware, that's the only way to get them.
    mss8gv9
  • DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    Let's help a fellow simmer out. Point the poster up!
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited November 2014
    Points are earned by people liking or lol'ing your posts. They can also be earned through badges, a lot of them are just earned by luck of people liking or lol'ing your badges, also by anniversaries with the forums, but there's a few you can control. These are the badges Though some can no longer be earned (or never could be), the ones for reactions other than like or lol for example.
  • xxcoaimhexxxxcoaimhexx Posts: 269 Member
    Um thanks for the list but, by the time I do all of that, when am I supposed to have time to play? In order to do all that, I would have to live on the forum, lol. Um, I am not sure this was that great of an idea...
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited November 2014
    You don't need to do all of them, just the ones that are easy to help boost your points. You can't do all of them anyway. You only need 50 points, even getting like 2 or 3 or whatever the easy ones are will get you a lot closer to that.

Photogenic for example is 10 points, all you have to do is upload a picture for your avatar and you're 10 points closer. Looking at your profile, you need about 20 more, that's halfway there.

Actually you need 11 points. One more like and that badge for example and you're there.
    Ok, I used a pic of my current sim that I am playing. I got the badge, and the message that I am a member, so yay! I now have a button that says 'attach image or file', but when I click on it, it says 'image url'. So, in order to use a picture, does that mean it has to be online?

BTW, thanks everyone for all their help!
  • ValoisFulcanelliValoisFulcanelli Posts: 672 Member
    Yes, it does have to be online. Use a free image host like Photobucket, Flickr, or Imgur to upload your photos, then grab the URL and bring it back here to paste into your post :)
    tfb.jpg
    Ok, having never used any of those...which one would you recommend?
    edited November 2014
    Personally, I'd go with Flickr. I've had my own account there for years, and you get loads of free space. You can also create albums, to keep your sets of screenshots separate (and share with others). Second choice would be Photobucket.
    tfb.jpg
    edited November 2014
    15684548772_0bf62ec297_m.jpg
    Post edited by xxcoaimhexx on
    Ok, so I uploaded a pic to flickr, then took the web address of the pic and put it into the attach image/file box, then posted...and no pic. I believe I may have done something wrong...
    edited November 2014
    It's not the web address (the one you get from the top of your browser) that you use. Click to view the pic on Flickr, then look in the lower-right for three icons: a notepad, an upward-curving arrow, and a downward arrow. Click the curving arow and you'll see a box like this pop up:

flickrshare1.jpg

Click BBCode on the right (in bold text in that screenshot) then under that select the size you want the image to be. Copy the text in the box and paste it into your post.

You only need the bit between the 'img' tags. You can safely delete all the link stuff around it. Your final pasted link should look something like this:
    [img]farm#.staticflickr.com/lotsofnumbersandlettershere.jpg[/img]

tfb.jpg
    Oh, it worked! Thanks so much to everybody!
  • Karina6233746Karina6233746 Posts: 7 New Member
    When Somebody Said About Uploading A Avatar Picture,I Tried,But It Says Avatar Editing Is Off :(
  • Jakes13Jakes13 Posts: 10 New Member
    Same problem here. Tried to add an Avatar and it just said its off. This is extremely confusing? Why so much work just to share what you have created? Way confused by this whole process.
  • Black_BettyBlack_Betty Posts: 62 Member
    > @xxcoaimhexx said:
    > Um thanks for the list but, by the time I do all of that, when am I supposed to have time to play? In order to do all that, I would have to live on the forum, lol. Um, I am not sure this was that great of an idea...

Maybe just do enough to be able to post pictures? :)
  • StephyBecks1990StephyBecks1990 Posts: 13 New Member
    edited September 2015
    So that's how you do it! I need to find ways to earn points >> I need to post my Disney Princess Legacy picture!!! :o
  • HerosesimsHerosesims Posts: 186 Member
    When Somebody Said About Uploading A Avatar Picture,I Tried,But It Says Avatar Editing Is Off :(

you need to be a member to post pictures and get a profile picture. hope this helps.