Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Okay so how do you get cc working?

wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
The instructions on mod the sims might as well be in Gibberish as I don't understand them.
6JSxk49.png?1

Comments

• Options
    undertheskylineundertheskyline Posts: 8 New Member
    If you are talking about the Sims 2, I know how to get cc working. First you need to download a rar extracting program. I use WinRar, which can be downloaded for free. Second, find the custom content you want to download. After it is downloaded, right click on it and click
    extract to. You will want to extract this file to your sims 2 download folder, which can be found in documents-->ea games-->the sims 2 ultimate collection-->downloads. Voila!
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    If you are talking about the Sims 2, I know how to get cc working. First you need to download a rar extracting program. I use WinRar, which can be downloaded for free. Second, find the custom content you want to download. After it is downloaded, right click on it and click <br />
    extract to. You will want to extract this file to your sims 2 download folder, which can be found in documents-->ea games-->the sims 2 ultimate collection-->downloads. Voila!

Helpful is to add subfolders to the download folder. Like say ModtheSims/then I usually put the artists name and then download the item. If you have windows 7-I think it came with 7zip as that's what I use

:) Smile!

• Options
    No wonder I was putting it in the mods folders. About to try it now!
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    Meela_PashtMeela_Pasht Posts: 704 Member
    After it's in the downloads folder, do you have to do anything else? Or is it just that easy to put cc in Sims2 Ultimate Collection?
    If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Live in your Truth.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    It's still not working. I don't get it.

Post edited by wolfkomoki1 on
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Can you take a Screen shot of inside the Downloads folder? Maybe we can see what's up?- and the Address (Documents/EA Games/etc...
  • Options
    GodlikeGodlike Posts: 305 Member
    What kind of CC are you trying to install? Some require additional meshes and some don't work with every EP but I am too very much in favor of a screenshot: can definitely be helpful!
    Lift me up - Let me go
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    ir2ph3.jpg

2dsjrc4.jpg

2rx86r7.jpg

104gknk.jpg

6izfp3.jpg
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    AiHaou wrote: »
    ir2ph3.jpg

2dsjrc4.jpg

2rx86r7.jpg

104gknk.jpg

6izfp3.jpg

Strange. How did you extract it. I know in Firefox when I download something, it goes to the downloads on my desktop. I then go and click it and hit cut and then go to Documents/EA Games, The Sims2 UC/ Downloads/MTS/. Then hit paste and then use 7zip to extract it. I'm sorry it didn't work.

• Options
    Puddinroy wrote: »
    ir2ph3.jpg

2dsjrc4.jpg

2rx86r7.jpg

104gknk.jpg

6izfp3.jpg

Strange. How did you extract it. I know in Firefox when I download something, it goes to the downloads on my desktop. I then go and click it and hit cut and then go to Documents/EA Games, The Sims2 UC/ Downloads/MTS/. Then hit paste and then use 7zip to extract it. I'm sorry it didn't work.
    It was a rarfile so it opened in rarfrog. From there I tried copying and pasting but it didn't work.

6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    Puddinroy wrote: »
    ir2ph3.jpg

2dsjrc4.jpg

2rx86r7.jpg

104gknk.jpg

6izfp3.jpg

It was a rarfile so it opened in rarfrog. From there I tried copying and pasting but it didn't work.

Try cuting it and then pasting it! Then extract it!

• Options
    ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    Also, any lots you download need to be saved to the "teleport" file, not downloads or they won't show up.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Options
    PsychoChick966PsychoChick966 Posts: 1,792 Member
    I don't have my Sims 2 game open, unfortunately, so I can't be exact here... but if I remember correctly, you also have to enable your CC. I think there's something to check in the options somewhere. Hopefully someone here with their game open will come along to help you better.. but in the meantime, do make sure in your options, that you have it enabled. :-) I hope I was able to help a little. Good luck, and Happy Simming.
  • Options
    I give up. Apparently my computer just hates me. Mods work cc does not. *facedesk*
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    FluorescentSoapFluorescentSoap Posts: 1,472 Member
    I use the Sims 2 Pack Clean Installer.

http://modthesims.info/d/409950

--

tumblr_inline_oqdvr8Z3jV1qbd7br_540.gif
    ⌠ Team Holy Hêll ⌡ [Currently playing TS4]
  • Options
    don't give up yet. If you have the cc/mods in the Downloads folder and any lots in the Teleport folder, you're almost there.

Load up your game. Once it gets the the screen where you can choose a town, look down the bottom of that screen.
    On the left side there will be 2 signal boxes that can be checked. One says "Disable Custom Content" and the other "Enable Custom Content". Check the "enabled box" and enter your town.

Once you enter the town, you need to quit. You have to go out of the game and re-load it for the enabling to take place.

It sounds like a lot but it's really not.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Options
    ErnesaT wrote: »
    don't give up yet. If you have the cc/mods in the Downloads folder and any lots in the Teleport folder, you're almost there.

Load up your game. Once it gets the the screen where you can choose a town, look down the bottom of that screen.
    On the left side there will be 2 signal boxes that can be checked. One says "Disable Custom Content" and the other "Enable Custom Content". Check the "enabled box" and enter your town.

Once you enter the town, you need to quit. You have to go out of the game and re-load it for the enabling to take place.

It sounds like a lot but it's really not.
    It's already enabled though.

6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    If it's already enabled, select "disable" and quit the game.
    Go back in and selct "enable".
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Options
    ErnesaT wrote: »
    If it's already enabled, select "disable" and quit the game.
    Go back in and selct "enable".
    I'll have to try that whenever I switch my locale back. It's very tedious to have to switch locales just to play the sims 2.

6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    yeah once you enable it, you have to quit the game, and then go back in. once you do that, there should be a list of things (mods usually at the top of the list) that show up and you have to hit ok, to go on in. Also delete the caches if you have done all that and it still isn't showing up. Also if it is sims2packs you are downloading, not just DBPF files, you have to doubleclick and install them. Downloads folder has to be written just like that, as well. Downloads .
  • Options
    I'd try it but since switching to Japanese locale ts2:uc won't work unless I change the locale to USA locale. Very annoying. -.-
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    edited November 2014
    Weird, I guess it is one of those things that origin causes. Who knew? edited to add, did you try running it offline? I don't even go into origin to run my sims 2, I just click on the shortcut itself. Just trying to help :/