Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unable to change eye color.

2...Next

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    Geekery wrote: »
    This is annoying. What if someone wants to just take out the CC eyes and put new ones in? These are my own sims and now I've got to looks for eye overlays to get rid of the standard brown. Very annoying. They ought to fix this issue asap.

Hello
    Try removing any eye cc that you have in your mods folder.
    Then reset your sims 4 folder, To do that , move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" and "custom music " folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
    Don't put back the old mods folder. Instead, place your cc/mods from the desktop mods folder into the newly generated mods folder in the Documents -Electronic Arts - sims 4 folder. Only put in the new eye cc that you want to use, and also the rest of your other cc/mods.
  • BerrySim79BerrySim79 Posts: 51 Member
    edited October 2016
    I have never encountered this problem until, Thursday. When I first seen that my Sim was wearing the original maxis eyes, I didn't think nothing of it and just proceeded to use some contact eyes for my Sim (I have default replacement eyes in my game). When I went into CAS again recently, I noticed maxis eye color again and decided to click the eyes so that the eye color catalog would come up. Once there...no eyes were visible. I'm now wondering where did my eyes go. I searched google (Saturday) night to see if this has happened before. I read that randomizing the eyes would get the color back. I tried today (Sunday) and that didn't help. So I went to click on a different face and the eye colors came back.

So I thought that the issue was over and then went into my catalog to grab the Sim I saved and was working on until I learned the issue with the eyes-the same issue persisted. The eye color catalog was gone again. I have since removed my most recent CC that I have put in my game BUT has yet to reload my game to see if anything has changed. I'm hoping that there has been a fix since the last comment here. Has anyone found a fix for this? I will try to load my game later today to see if the same thing will happen or if something has changed. I'm already having body morphing problems still and now this missing eye catalog mess...Smh
    BerrySim79 wrote: »
    I have never encountered this problem until, Thursday. When I first seen that my Sim was wearing the original maxis eyes, I didn't think nothing of it and just proceeded to use some contact eyes for my Sim (I have default replacement eyes in my game). When I went into CAS again recently, I noticed maxis eye color again and decided to click the eyes so that the eye color catalog would come up. Once there...no eyes were visible. I'm now wondering where did my eyes go. I searched google (Saturday) night to see if this has happened before. I read that randomizing the eyes would get the color back. I tried today (Sunday) and that didn't help. So I went to click on a different face and the eye colors came back.

So I thought that the issue was over and then went into my catalog to grab the Sim I saved and was working on until I learned the issue with the eyes-the same issue persisted. The eye color catalog was gone again. I have since removed my most recent CC that I have put in my game BUT has yet to reload my game to see if anything has changed. I'm hoping that there has been a fix since the last comment here. Has anyone found a fix for this? I will try to load my game later today to see if the same thing will happen or if something has changed. I'm already having body morphing problems still and now this missing eye catalog mess...Smh

Hello
    Is the issue occurring with all ages of sims or just a certain age group ?

Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem.

This thread on the AHQ EA site refers to the eye issue that was effecting children. If the issue is with your child sims it would be good to post feedback on that thread.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/PARTLY-FIXED-Kids-have-amber-colored-eyes-that-can-t-be-edited/m-p/5386540#M25191

With your body morphing issues, what you are experiencing may be what has been posted in this link thread on the AHQ EA site
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Loss-of-muscle-mass-weight-after-the-game-is-loaded/m-p/4450733#M10474
  • matildacatematildacate Posts: 4 New Member
    I have a similar issue, only it isn't because of CCs, at least I'm pretty sure it isn't. I go into CAS and just use a random sim, not one I downloaded, and change it's eye colour to blue (for example), and then if I press the toddler icon that sim will obviously change into a toddler. When I go to change the eye colour of the toddler (which at this point is that default brown colour), the colours don't show up, and then if I change the sim back into a young adult (now with default brown eyes), the eye colours aren't there either.
    The only way I can change the colour is the same way most people with this issue do: memorise which kind of eye the sim has, randomise and then change it back to the original eye type with the colour I want.
    It's pretty 🐸🐸🐸🐸 annoying if you ask me.
  • ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    @matildacate I have the exact same issue
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • ZakleZakle Posts: 6 New Member
    I'm having the same problem. The colors disappear and the eyes revert back into EA colors even though I use CC defaults. I really don't want to randomize my girl's eyes since she was born in-game and it'll ruin her appearance.
    I'm having the same problem. The colors disappear and the eyes revert back into EA colors even though I use CC defaults. I really don't want to randomize my girl's eyes since she was born in-game and it'll ruin her appearance.

Hello
    Try going to the cc download site and see if there is an updated version of the cc. If there isn't an updated version, you could let the creator know that this issue is occurring in your game.