Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Three Little Sims Challenge

Comments

• CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Oh, the Drifter story is what I'm calling my "Mooch off your Neighbor" challenge. I don't really see Jack as a "moocher"--he's kind of Beat. Much more like a drifter, rolling through town.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    @SimPoseyYum I like your new condos. I think they look really nice. I want to do this challenge to and it is on my list but I am determined to get Rosebud completed. Like you, I find it hard to do more than one challenge at a time.

Although, I really need to get back to my legacy LOL. I have forgotten what I was even doing. I just finished Teenage Runaway not long ago. I keep starting new games for new challenges. I wonder how many saved games we can have at one time? I save my families and houses in my library so I can play them again if I want and one save just in case. I hate that you can't tell which game it is by the name.

Anyway, good job on the condo and the guys are cute. Good luck and keep us posted.
  • SimPoseyYumSimPoseyYum Posts: 995 Member
    @CathyTea Ahhh Drifter, ok, I get it. I like that concept. Sounds very free-spirit-like. Can't be tied down. Nice!

@Glimmer50 Thanks! I hear you about having multiple games/files. Last time I checked, I had 10 different game files (I think Three Sims makes 11). Did you know you can change the names of the files? Next time I do it, I'll make notes and report back. Makes things much easier than "My Save Game 24".

Speaking of changing names, I changed the name of the condos. I believe the lot was originally called Bargain Bend. That didn't do it for me, so I changed it to Willow Creek Condos. But after doing my best to make the units similar, I decided to call them the Cookie Cutter Condos. And here they are!

VXacxgH.png?1

Happy to say the guys are starting to build bank. So far, they've each purchased Penguin TVs as well as an easel for Xavier and computers for Yoshi and Zach. Yoshi and Zach also got smoke alarms for over the stoves since builder grade stoves aren't necessarily the most reliable. Xavier will buy his next time he's Sim of the Day. Now if they could just remember that they haven't hired maid service. I mean, look at all those dishes on the picnic table!!!

On the other hand, they are each learning handiness skills, because everything in the condos that CAN break, has. I thought one of the perks of living in a condo was having a building super???

Oh my my my. A few game-days after taking the Cookie Condo picture, Zach was getting ready for work when the smoke alarm went off! Yoshi's stove blew up ((nice note: although it was Yoshi's stove that blew up, Zach's alarm went off, too)). The alarms didn't put out the fire, of course, but they did alert everyone to evacuate the buildings. All three guys made it out unscathed. Unfortunately, Yoshi will have to eat at the other guy's homes for a few days until he's Sim of the Day and can get his unit repaired. Ick, I wonder if that smoky smell will linger? And I wonder if one guy purchases the sprinkler system, will it affect all three units? We'll see, because the next Sim of the Day will be making the purchase.

Anyway, since Zach was Sim of the Day on the day of the fire, he got to be the hero and extinguished the blaze. Thank goodness he was still home! He went off to work afterward, chest puffed out with Confidence.

c9cSx23.png?1

Meanwhile, neither snow, nor rain, nor heat... nor apparently FIRE... can stay these mail carriers from completion of their appointed rounds :D.

What a great chapter! Is this lot available on the gallery? Poor guys. Life is tough when you're first starting out! BTW, I love your profile pic: good environment, cheerful, but oh, my--so tense! (I feel like that sometimes!)

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    @SimPosyYum I know how to change the name of the save file in game but what I am talking about is being able to tell which file is which in your documents folder. It just lists them as save version 0, save version 1, etc. I wish they had names like in Sims 3 so you could take them out and back them up to play if you wanted to later. As it is, I have to keep them all in my game. Eventually I think that is going to get full so I will have to delete finished games I guess.

Yikes about the fire. Glad no one died. I am glad they all managed to get out. Did the one that start the fire run out on his own? I don't recall what the rules are if someone dies. I think they get replaced? I don't know I have to go back a page and look. But interesting beginning. I am not sure about the sprinkler. I bought one but it never got used.
  • SimPoseyYumSimPoseyYum Posts: 995 Member
    Glimmer50 wrote: »
    ...what I am talking about is being able to tell which file is which in your documents folder. It just lists them as save version 0, save version 1, etc...

Oh, THOSE saves. Yeah. They're a pain in the patoot (I hope that's a forum-safe word :)). I have a bunch of them and I'm right with you -- wish I knew which ones were safe to eliminate. Clutter. Bloat. Ugh.
    Glimmer50 wrote: »
    ...Did the one that start the fire run out on his own? I don't recall what the rules are if someone dies. I think they get replaced?...

Yes, the fire started with Yoshi in his unit and he's safe. Didn't even get a scorch mark. Good question regarding replacement Roomies, though. I don't know the answer either. Maybe it's "...and then there were two..." :D and every third day, when you were supposed to work with the deceased, you do nothing at all. @Frasersim? Thoughts?

• DeeWrayngedDeeWraynged Posts: 102 Member
    edited November 2014
    This challenge sounded really fun initially but it's seeing SimPoseyYum posting her stories that really made me want to give it a shot. I'm about 3 minutes into the first day and already I'm astonished that I didn't see how unintelligent Sims are! And this is while I'm still on the first day and controlling all three!

First of all, I instruct two sims to cook breakfast from two separate fridges. The second goes to where the first guy was to cook his breakfast ... he ends up setting himself on fire. The end result is that he totally destroyed the first guy's stove and counter and I don't have enough money left over to replace them. Then, I order the third guy to cook breakfast as well ... and he takes his stuff to prepare it in the first guy's house - the one with the burned counter and stove!!!! WTH. You won't even be able to cook the eggs there you dimwit! LOL

I can't wait to see what will happen when I can only control one at a time!

EDIT: Yup, so Lance (the third guy) got the food from his fridge, went to Salvadore's place (the first guy whose stove and counter caught on fire) to prepare his food on the burned counter ... and then took the mix back to his house!!!! Hahahaha this is hilarious.
    I just love reading about your Sims. This is going to be a really fun challenge. Hopefully no one will die with all the fires. I am not sure what we do if that happens. I read the rules and didn't see anything about it. Good luck to you both. I can't wait to start this challenge.
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    I've just seen a Sims 3 Let's Play of this challenge. I forget the player's name. Anyway, I think I'll wait until we get lockable doors before I try this one. I'd like to do the Sims 3 version, but alas, my computer hates the Sims 3 and the Sims 2 with a passion.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
    Oh I sure do miss those lockable doors. Although for me seeing how silly and inefficient the sims are going in of one house/dorm/room into the other's is half the fun :p
    Oh I sure do miss those lockable doors. Although for me seeing how silly and inefficient the sims are going in of one house/dorm/room into the other's is half the fun :p

I agree. I think I will make their houses very close together so they will run in and out of each other's houses LOL. I am trying to think of traits that might cause some drama too. Maybe make one insane, one a romantic and maybe a gloomy one and for sure make one woman and two men. I don't know, I might just random the traits and see where it goes.
    This challenge sounded really fun initially but it's seeing SimPoseyYum posting her stories that really made me want to give it a shot. I'm about 3 minutes into the first day and already I'm astonished that I didn't see how unintelligent Sims are! And this is while I'm still on the first day and controlling all three!<br />
    <br />
    First of all, I instruct two sims to cook breakfast from two separate fridges. The second goes to where the first guy was to cook his breakfast ... he ends up setting himself on fire. The end result is that he totally destroyed the first guy's stove and counter and I don't have enough money left over to replace them. Then, I order the third guy to cook breakfast as well ... and he takes his stuff to prepare it in the first guy's house - the one with the burned counter and stove!!!! WTH. You won't even be able to cook the eggs there you dimwit! LOL<br />
    <br />
    I can't wait to see what will happen when I can only control one at a time!<br />
    <br />
    EDIT: Yup, so Lance (the third guy) got the food from his fridge, went to Salvadore's place (the first guy whose stove and counter caught on fire) to prepare his food on the burned counter ... and then took the mix back to his house!!!! Hahahaha this is hilarious.

LOL this sounds hilarious. Yeah it is going to be a challenge only controlling one a day.

@Glimmer50 I created opposing Sims too. One is a gloomy nerd, the other is an overweight hot-headed mixologist and the third is romantic active sim (aka Jock). Right away the mixologist and the active sim had autonomous conversation that resulted in a A LOT of relation 'minuses' hahaha :p

Will you be documenting your challenge and posting it? :)
    edited November 2014
    @Glimmer50 I created opposing Sims too. One is a gloomy nerd, the other is an overweight hot-headed mixologist and the third is romantic active sim (aka Jock). Right away the mixologist and the active sim had autonomous conversation that resulted in a A LOT of relation 'minuses' hahaha :p <br />
    <br />
    Will you be documenting your challenge and posting it? :)

Yeah I will be taking pictures and posting them on here as I go. I can't seem to help myself with the snapping of pictures LOL...but you can only post like two at a time on here or they are sent for approval which can take forever or not happen at all. I have pictures sitting out there for 3 weeks that never got posted. This forum kind of is a bummer as far as that goes. I just have to get going on making my houses and stuff. I am not a great builder so don't expect much LOL. :D

I will probably start this weekend when I have time to really sit down and build. Working is taking to much of my dang time this week. Stupid work. :#

Edit: Apparently, S. tupid is a bad word..so it is saying plum work LOL.
    @DeeWraynged - what fun characteristics! @Glimmer50 - I've been thinking along the same lines as you with the traits. I'm thinking of having this as some sort of "Home for Wayward Geniuses," and they'll all three be geniuses, plus one positive trait that directly relates to their aspiration (creative, loves the outdoors, bookworm), plus one "negative" trait (gloomy, hot-headed, insane), and two men and one woman! I hope you post pictures here or keep a blog for them! What a great challenge!

> @Glimmer50 I had no idea about the picture "limit" on here. What a bummer, indeed! I had been hopping to post my next legacy in a thread here instead of creating a whole new blog for it. Well ... so much for that, haha x_x

I can't wait to read your storyline for this when you get started. Make sure to link me :D
    In other news, I am total failure at building too so I understand your pain hehehe. I much prefer decorating a pre-existing structure than actually making the walls etc. I have no imagination for that sort of creativity :p

@CathyTea Thanks! I can't wait to read your storyline for this too. Do sims sometimes initiate romance on their own, before any 'ordered' romance has taken place? I know my sims will flirt etc autonomously on their own, but only once I've established a romantic relationship for them.
    @DeeWraynged - My founder's spouse, Timothy Milton, autonomously initiated the romantic relationship. He and Cedar became good friends over chess. She put on the flirty hat and invited him over the next day. He arrived flirty. (I've noticed that when Sims are interested, they'll often arrive flirty! I think that's happened every time for me.) And before I knew what was happening, he handed her a rose. I just sat back and let Cedar do whatever she wanted. They were so cute! She'd pick up the violin, play a few bars, toss it down, then strike a sexy pose, or kiss her hands at him. And he was constantly blowing her kisses. That's probably the best romance my Sims have had yet, and it was all autonomous. Cupcake responded to I-dub's flirts autonomously, too--oh, and so did Eleanor to Ms. M. Cassandra, as soon as we moved her in, started rolling all sorts of whims for PV, including wanting to marry him--and she was noncommittal!

The very best Sim romance I've seen yet is FloorRaisin's 3rd gen heir, Clem, and Estrella - [url="http://whattheplum.wordpress.com/third-kinda-fourth-generation/"http://whattheplum.wordpress.com/third-kinda-fourth-generation/[/url]. Not sure how much initially was autonomous, but once they got together, it seems like nearly all their romantic relationships were!

In TS2 and TS3, autonomous romantic relationships were common! My SimSelf kept falling in love with Anooki Moon at university in TS3, and check out Don the Zombie and Samara in Candi's Uglacy, one of the most famous Sim autonomous romances of all time!

> @CathyTea That's good to know! For my random/pinstar legacy I'm going to try and let my Gen 2 heir find someone autonomously. Autonomous romance is so adorable! I think I'm just usually too impatient to wait and let it happen on its on hahhaa - not anymore though! Legacy-playing has transformed me :)

I will add these recommendations on my to-read list, definitely ^^
    Hey everyone. So, I made my Sims for this challenge but I haven't had time to work on the houses yet. I am not much of a writer but I like to have some type of story in my head so with that being said, let's meet the roommates:

Maddie is first up with blonde hair and blue eyes, she is a beauty. She has a feminine walk that drives men crazy but be careful because she is not quite all there. Her traits are loves art, insane and neat.
    MaddieMulligan.jpg

Next we have Logan with brown hair and aqua eyes. He is a nerd who dreams of flying a rocket ship one day. He is a bookworm, slob and good. He is going to drive both of the other roommates nuts with his sloppy habits and being so good all the time. He has a very perky walk.
    LoganGuthrie.jpg

Last but not least we have Devan with dark hair and green eyes. He lived on a farm for a while and believes this makes him a cowboy. He has a swagger when he walks and he is pretty good with the ladies. His traits are romantic, evil and he likes hanging with the bros. I wonder how him and Logan are going to get along? I don't think Logan is his type of bro.
    DevanAustin.jpg
    @Glimmer50 - Oh, what a challenge you're setting up for yourself! Devan is super handsome! And Maddie looks a little crazy! Logan seems great. It's interesting how you gave each Sim a challenging trait.

• cefthycefthy Posts: 45 Member
    @Glimmer50 Nice job on your sims! I like how well-developed their personalities are. That always makes gameplay a lot more fun.
    “If there's one thing I've learned, it's this: We all want everything to be okay. We don't even wish so much for fantastic or marvelous or outstanding. We will happily settle for okay, because most of the time, okay is enough.”
    ― David Levithan
  • cefthycefthy Posts: 45 Member
    > @SimPoseyYum said:
    > I refined a few extra rules for my own play (I wasn't sure if these were the official way):
    > * The only Sim who can buy things is the active Sim and he can only buy for himself. So, for example, if there's enough money in the kitty to buy 3 TVs, and Xavier is the active Sim of the day, he can only buy a TV for his unit. Yoshio (who? Yoshio??? More on that in a moment) and Zach have to wait their turn.

Good idea! That's how was playing too, but I neglected to put it in the rules. I 'll add it now.
    “If there's one thing I've learned, it's this: We all want everything to be okay. We don't even wish so much for fantastic or marvelous or outstanding. We will happily settle for okay, because most of the time, okay is enough.”
    ― David Levithan
  • SimmercrazySimmercrazy Posts: 30 Member
    I definitely like this concept! I'll have to bookmark this and do it soon. I'm also really liking these simmies :smiley:
  • ivoryxtowerivoryxtower Posts: 1 New Member
    I think this looks like a fun option for my first ever challenge on the sims.
    I think this looks like a fun option for my first ever challenge on the sims.

Oooh! This one would be exciting as a first-ever! I'm thinking of trying it at some point.