Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My game has a loading problem... HELP! {Solved}

lollypop296lollypop296 Posts: 30 New Member
While I was playing my game, my computer crashed (I was in the middle of creating my family), so now every time I get on my laptop, it keeps saying that I have an error, and it also effects the game too (This is the Sims 3 I am talking about), every time I start up the game, my game would pass on from the loading screen to the Main Menu, but after that, it starts checking my connection and it wouldn't stop loading now...

UPDATE #1~ I am currently trying to uninstall all my CC from my game and see if it could help (Found this on a post)

UPDATE #2~ I uninstalled the CC but my game won't stop loading from the main menu

UPDATE #3~ My game is finally working properly, thank you Karritz
Post edited by lollypop296 on

Comments

• lollypop296lollypop296 Posts: 30 New Member
    It seems to be that error I keep getting:

"dllhost.exe - Application Error

The instruction at 0x6a7c2bdc referenced memory at 0x00000004. The memory could not be read.

Click an OK to terminate the program"
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    Try a factory reset.

Move The Sims 3 folder from

Documents \ Electronic Arts \

to the desktop.

Then launch a new game.

If that fixes it you know there is something corrupt in your user data. It is up to you if you want to put the old Sims 3 folder back into the place you got it from and try working out what is corrupt in there, or simply reinstall your store content and CC. Carefully move your saved games from the Saves folder to the new Saves folder as one or more of them might be corrupt too. By carefully, I'd suggest doing it one at a time and see if you get crashing immediately after moving one across.
    I tried to launch up my game but it wouldn't come up as soon as that darned dllhost.exe error showed up and I kept clicking ok but it wouldn't stop popping up...
    edited October 2014
    I did a Google search on dllhost.exe

I suggest you do the same thing.

From what I read it is a system file made by Microsoft and there also is a virus that has a file with the same name. Therefore I suspect it might be something to do with Windows, or a virus. I've never come across it before so am not an expert on it. I doubt many people on this forum would have a lot of knowledge on it but I could be wrong.

EDIT: Doing a clean reboot can solve software issues. This is a link to the instructions for doing it if you feel it might help.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
    edited October 2014
    Thank you for the instructions Karritz! I will try it out! :D

EDIT: Oh good grief, I attempted it on my Windows 7... I attempted to start my launcher then that pop-up...and I have forgotten to mention this on my original post, my launcher won't start up because of it! :'(
    Try running a virus checker over your computer too.

You can bypass the launcher by double clicking TS3.exe to launch the game
    You can find TS3.exe in:
    For disk version - C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin
    or
    For Origin digital download version - C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin
    edited December 2014
    Oh my sims, I think my launcher opened after I clicked ok at the dllhost.exe error..., I am currently checking to see if the game works now! :D

QUICK EDIT: It was maybe due to the clean boot
    EDIT #2: Oh my sims!!! My game is not loading much now, thank you very much Karritz! :D
    Edit #3: Oh no! It happened again! Curse you virus! :(
    Post edited by lollypop296 on