March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Okay, Cassandra Goth. What are you up to?

LonnehartLonnehart Posts: 688 Member
In my game she's still a teen (I'm playing the longlived option). She's best friends with my current Sim (Rezol Atton... you'll find him in the online gallery assuming you can even get on). She's 20 days from becoming a young adult. My sim is 80 days from becoming a full adult due to my making the mistake of saving right after using the youth potion (I only ment to experiment)...

Here's the weird part. She'll visit almost every day, sometimes 3 times in the same day and stay after midnight. She's been hugging him a lot and flattering/complimenting him as well.

Is this what Best Friend Sims do all the time, or could there be something else going on here? O_O

Feel free to "outrageously(spelling?) speculate"... :)
Yeah. Made a Minecraft Windows 10 Edition video channel. I guess I'm insane...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXGZZkbGB3y8S-F6gePiFhA

Comments

• joneswkjoneswk Posts: 270 Member
    You're reading more into what's going on than is actually there.
  • LonnehartLonnehart Posts: 688 Member
    Yeah. You're probably right. It's probably just my AMD FX 8350 BE CPU executing some binary code, instructing a couple of sets of textured polygons to move in preset patterns which are displayed on a screen... All in the pursuit of entertaining us. :)

• LovelyMelodyLovelyMelody Posts: 896 Member
    Shout out to AMD
    Strawberry_Shortcake_Commision_by_sugarlette.gif <~ my weakness.
  • joneswkjoneswk Posts: 270 Member
    Yup, that's pretty much it.

But hey, reading too much into things is human and in this game it's actually important to do so.

So have fun with Cassandra's teenage crush on your sim. Or pick a fight with her. Or ignore her. Or whatever else you want to do.

It's not like it's your sim's fiancé stopping by every time your sim is trying to chat up another.
  • SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    I agree you are looking for more there than IS there, there are seperate romance/friendship bars, if it was romantic interest she would be flirting. From my experience, visiting has a fair amount of randomness to it.

A good example of randomness not seeming random is the players that have had only twins, or all girl children etc. Random doesn't always seem random.
    So maybe when she becomes an adult she'll look to him for inspiration? He does play violin as a hobby (he's a writer/artist who's earning a lot of money from his books).

Might be a teenage crush except she has no romance bar that's visible. Still fun, yet creepy to think about. Maybe she's buttering him up so if she ever becomes a mad scientist he'll be one of his voluntary guinea pigs? :)

• nualla8673nualla8673 Posts: 397 Member
    When your sim makes friends, those friends will beat a path to your door several times a day to visit. It's like serial friendship. The game has made it pretty intense in my experience.
    You can find my Sims 4 creations by searching my Origin ID nualla_6109.
  • Gnarl_LeeGnarl_Lee Posts: 1,014 Member
    she wants you dude
  • ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    nualla8673 wrote: »
    When your sim makes friends, those friends will beat a path to your door several times a day to visit. It's like serial friendship. The game has made it pretty intense in my experience.

I'd like to agree with this. It became more prevalent when I lived alone on the edge of town near Zest's place. Eventually, I had a relationship end badly when my selfsim's girlfriend got impregnated by Don Lothario, (I should've seen it coming. I was with Kaylynn Langerak.)
    10_03_14_3_03__am_by_rvu-d81gq2k.png

Eventually, Cassandra continued to pop up more frequently and began using romantic interactions after growing up. I had no intention of pursuing a relationship with her due to previous dealings with a relationship with Bella after Babs L'Amour ruined her marriage. After a while, other women would reject my own advances after I had completely severed the relationship, but Cassandra kept coming back and advancing herself! I was stunned how this convenient set of ironic randomness set up to result in a future relationship with Cassandra. (I'm not even gloomy but, wow, can my game read me well....)
    10_11_14_2_32__am_by_rvu-d82nval.png
    Hmmm... I think I want my Sim to keep Cassandra in the Friend Zone and at the same time start an affair with the female Pancake next door...

I know... that is SO wrong... O_O

• ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    Lonnehart wrote: »
    Hmmm... I think I want my Sim to keep Cassandra in the Friend Zone and at the same time start an affair with the female Pancake next door...

Just get your Bob Pancakes expressions ready... You may need them....
    ENolan wrote: »

Just get your Bob Pancakes expressions ready... You may need them....

Thank you. I now have coffee all over my monitor. ;)

• EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member

This seems like the perfect picture....
    J0MxIyk.jpg
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    buy her a cake and grow her up .. she's got a nice face .. she'll make nice babies with your sim
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    edited October 2014
    Sorry, had to save pics befire writing, copy/paste on this tablet is bizarre.

Cassandra is an elder in my game but she had Raelynn before she aged, I'm not sure why Alexander is holding her.
    raelynngoth.jpg

This is Raelynn as a child, Cassandra is still alive and Alexander just had twins (that'll teach him to hate children!),
    raelynnchild.jpg
  • DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    Alexander is nice looking too, similar to Mortimer in TS3 maybe?
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • shaposh2012shaposh2012 Posts: 760 Member

Probably for the best. As Cassandra ages up she clings to her teenage style. It's weird to see elderly Cassandra stomping around in pigtails and a little skirt.