Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So i have to admit

I claimed that I hated the sims 3, well lately i've been playing it and I really like it..I just needed the right skin for my sims :)..

Comments

• Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I'm happy you found the right skin! That's all it was that was standing between you and happiness?
    What one did you decide on?
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Actually I can understand that; the looks of the sims just is important and if you don't like them the way they are (like me with S4 :( ) that just spoils everything.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • lemonpieelemonpiee Posts: 50 Member
    I agree with you on that part! I loved how the sims on the Sims 2 looked! When I saw promo pictures for the Sims 3 I was like "ehhh the sims don't look that great"... Like the faces all had this similar look to them so I wasn't too interested until I started playing the game, then I got hooked. I am used to how they look now but I still get cc every now & then lolol :# .
  • LunBeautyLunBeauty Posts: 2,734 Member
    The right kind of CC really does make a difference, lol. I don't know what I'd do without my skins and contacts, lol.
  • MunchyMunchy Posts: 513 Member
    Does anyone have CCs to share?
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    No offense to any custom content users, but cc looks terrible.
    oh3cjs.jpg
    bobyo2001 wrote: »

No offense taken here. I think it is great that we have the ability to customize our games to make them our own and play our own individual way. I would be unhappy to not have default eye replacements - I find the pupil and iris much too large. I'm experimenting with some of the makeup, we really didn't get much from EA, especially lipstick/gloss. I could never get it to look good on my sims. Wish we'd been given more blush, too.

I also am messing around trying different hairs. There are a LOT I find I can't look at in my game - CC ones that is. Sometimes they just do... weird things. They defy gravity and don't take colors well. I have installed maybe a dozen, maybe less? But I find I only like maybe two. I install, check and uninstall a lot of things.

I do use a skin, but I don't like the one I am currently using and will be looking for another - less defined- skin.

Clothing, only if it looks to me like it is Maxis-made. I have a few pieces for toddlers/children. They were really shortchanged in this game. What I have looks like it could have come with the game so I love that.

I don't use CC build/buy but I could be persuaded into getting some nice windows with shutters. CaSt keeps me really happy for the most part in those regards.

I think CC can look great, I think CC can look horrific. Some of it I see people fawning over I'd like to hit with a stick. But as long as they like it and works well in their game, I'm really happy for it.

I'm super picky about my CC as well. My favorite place to get clothes is NyGirl as well as Irida Sims. They have lovely Maxis Match non super shiny clothes for females and there is a place where I get pretty decent male clothes called either Peace Keeper or Peace Maker. I don't know, something with peace in it. I use Pixicat for shoes. I do actually like some TSR creators like zodapop and cherryberry for cute little dresses and PralineSims for her contacts, especially her hypnotic ones. As for skins, I like Emphemera, the Starfruit set, and some of the S-Club skins.

No offense taken here. I think it is great that we have the ability to customize our games to make them our own and play our own individual way. I would be unhappy to not have default eye replacements - I find the pupil and iris much too large. I'm experimenting with some of the makeup, we really didn't get much from EA, especially lipstick/gloss. I could never get it to look good on my sims. Wish we'd been given more blush, too.

I also am messing around trying different hairs. There are a LOT I find I can't look at in my game - CC ones that is. Sometimes they just do... weird things. They defy gravity and don't take colors well. I have installed maybe a dozen, maybe less? But I find I only like maybe two. I install, check and uninstall a lot of things.

I do use a skin, but I don't like the one I am currently using and will be looking for another - less defined- skin.

Clothing, only if it looks to me like it is Maxis-made. I have a few pieces for toddlers/children. They were really shortchanged in this game. What I have looks like it could have come with the game so I love that.

I don't use CC build/buy but I could be persuaded into getting some nice windows with shutters. CaSt keeps me really happy for the most part in those regards.

I think CC can look great, I think CC can look horrific. Some of it I see people fawning over I'd like to hit with a stick. But as long as they like it and works well in their game, I'm really happy for it.

I don't usually like sims with cc but the sim in your avi is gorgeous.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    That was one of the things I wanted to change about TS3 sims. There was very little skin detail around the eyes. I also wanted to change the eye iris for more detail and replace facial hair.

TS3 sims can look cute if a kinds samey due to CAS slider limitations, but there are some gack! inducing sims running around the town though. The same with TS2 and probably TS4.
    Screenshot-161.jpg

This is an Ephemera skin. I don't have a link as I had a hard time just trying to download it. I went to a media fire download to get it.
    It's not overdone, just extra detail around the eyes that I wanted. I think more detail at the throat too.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I use a fair bit of CC like some non-default skin and build/buy CC.
    Eli Jankowsky got a CC skin so I could give her the right color of skin and have it light enough.
    15418957597_99d22153bc_c.jpg
    I've got a picture of the mailbox at the house where a new family moved into my town and it's also CC.It came from TSR and is usually in a Sims3pack form though I got them converted to package files and put them into my Mods folder.
    15418967267_b0a6cbf26f_c.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    Munchy wrote: »
    Does anyone have CCs to share?

I would recommend this site for all your CC needs: http://mysims3blog.blogspot.com/

It isn't an actual CC site, it is a blog, but it links to all the best CC available and it is fully searchable. All of the sites it links too have been vetted so that you can trust the CC.

The only not-positive thing I will say about that blog is that it links to The Sims Resource (TSR), and I don't like or trust TSR. Although they seemed to have cleaned up their act recently, the administrators at TSR did have virus-laden ad-ware on their site in the past (and I must emphasize that it is in the past). The Admins also intentionally leaked user's private information at one point about 3 years ago. That was a despicable act and I, personally, won't go there any more - even though I used to contribute CC I made to the site. And, when TS3 was first released, they offered a corrupt piece of CC that would destroy the game of anyone who downloaded it (the evil doll); that piece of CC is long gone, though, so you don't have to worry about it. Like I said, they seemed to have learned their lesson and are behaving now, so I leave it up to you to decide if you want to download from that particular site.

I also want to give you the standard advice for CC for any game - only add a little at a time so that you can see how it will affect your game. Be extra careful with Mods as they actually change the way the game works - always make sure you download the correct Mod for your game version. Back-up your game before adding CC.

Good luck and happy CC hunting!
    Woah! The evil doll sure is evil!

That's a shame because I do have plenty of CCs, that I recently got, from TSR! Fingers crossed because so far so good!
    Not all cc. I used to think that too, but I based that on the 'over the top' cc there is. The nylon hair and the shiny faces.
    Don't care for it myself though; to me my sims look fine the way they are in the game (not the townies although I don't really mind the puddingfaces; at least they look friendly).
    5JZ57S6.png
    Not all cc. I used to think that too, but I based that on the 'over the top' cc there is. The nylon hair and the shiny faces.
    Don't care for it myself though; to me my sims look fine the way they are in the game (not the townies although I don't really mind the puddingfaces; at least they look friendly).

I think it's the over the top hairstyles that turned me off cc. Lots of the hairstyles I see are absolutely ridiculous. Especially the super long hair on toddlers. Seriously? And the 'shine' effect does not mix well with their surroundings, like at all.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • PixieydustPixieydust Posts: 705 Member
    @CK213, Your sim is really beautiful!! I really like it!
    I don't usually like sims with cc but the sim in your avi is gorgeous.

:blush: That is very kind, thank you!

I think it's the over the top hairstyles that turned me off cc. Lots of the hairstyles I see are absolutely ridiculous. Especially the super long hair on toddlers. Seriously? And the 'shine' effect does not mix well with their surroundings, like at all.

Lol, I know exactly what you mean! Toddlers shouldn't and wouldn't have THAT much hair? It reminds me of like creepy children's beauty pageants! -CRINGE!-

It's a shame because there are definitely a lot of bad looking CCs out there!
    I definitely don't get why the majority of long CC hairs are enabled for toddlers. Then again, I guess some simmers like their two year olds to look like poster children for "Toddlers and Tiaras". If I want CC hair for my tots, I usually give them cute little pigtails, or if they do wear their hair down, I try to keep it short.

As for children, I'll allow longer hair, since in real life a lot of little girls tend to have that cute mid back to waist length hair that their parents let grow and grow before they finally give in and allow to have cut, lol.

Still, I'm usually able to find fairly decent toddler and child hair. But what's a challenge is male cc hair. It's hard to find something fairly good in that category. To me, all male hair looks similar and it's a bit of a turn-off for me.

I agree lol.

5JZ57S6.png
    LunBeauty wrote: »
    But what's a challenge is male cc hair. It's hard to find something fairly good in that category. To me, all male hair looks similar and it's a bit of a turn-off for me.

Yes! We definitely need more male CCs.

You should definitely try out Kijiko's hairs for male. Here is the link! Do let me know if you like them! :smiley:

I am struggling to find good Male YA to Adults clothing. People have been suggesting the Sims3 blog? But I've been browsing on it for a while and haven't really found anything... that jumps out!
    But what's a challenge is male cc hair. It's hard to find something fairly good in that category. To me, all male hair looks similar and it's a bit of a turn-off for me.

You should definitely try out Kijiko's hairs for male. Here is the link! Do let me know if you like them! :smiley:

I am struggling to find good Male YA to Adults clothing. People have been suggesting the Sims3 blog? But I've been browsing on it for a while and haven't really found anything... that jumps out!

Lol, wouldn't you know it? I already have nearly all of the male hair from Kijiko, which I use quite often.

As for male clothing, here are a few sites where I get some.

http://simsationaldesigns.blogspot.com.au/search/label/CAS
    http://mochi029.tumblr.com/
    http://shokoninio.tumblr.com/
    http://jockersims3.blogspot.com/

There are probably more out there, but I do know that those four sites have some very nice male clothing. Also, if you're brave enough, you could try TSR. Personally, I haven't found any good male clothing on that site. But who knows? Your taste in clothing may be different than mine, lol.

Lol, wouldn't you know it? I already have nearly all of the male hair from Kijiko, which I use quite often.

As for male clothing, here are a few sites where I get some.

http://simsationaldesigns.blogspot.com.au/search/label/CAS
    http://mochi029.tumblr.com/
    http://shokoninio.tumblr.com/
    http://jockersims3.blogspot.com/

There are probably more out there, but I do know that those four sites have some very nice male clothing. Also, if you're brave enough, you could try TSR. Personally, I haven't found any good male clothing on that site. But who knows? Your taste in clothing may be different than mine, lol.

Hah! Good on you! Aren't they great?!

Thanks for the sites, they're great! Yay, new clothes for my YA males. :)

TSR is a lot better now actually.. I have downloaded quite a fair bit of CCs from it and so far, it's fine? :P
    edited October 2014

Yes, they're nice, lol.

I usually have a list of TSR creators that I stick with including llilka for child, toddler, and some teen clothing; cherryberrysims, icia123 for jeans and cute tops for females, pralinesims and gosik for make-up and contacts, sims2fanbang, zodapop, and some of Harmonia's clothing (she has cute swimsuits.)

• SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member

Do you know about All About Sims? They have some really good clothing, including period clothing, for all ages and sexes. They are moving on to TS4 now, so here is a link that goes directly to their TS3 clothing page: http://www.all-about-style.com/categories.html