Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[CC] "Error missing expansion pack required" ?

I get this error message along with one about making sure I have the latest installation software when trying to install cc into my game via the launcher. Not all of it does it; a majority says 'success!' but a few hundred have cropped up with these messages. What I don't understand is that I have the latest patch, I have all expansion packs and stuff packs installed minus ... .. Katy Perry Sweet Treats. >.> and all these mods are what I saved from before I uninstalled the game so I know that they worked back then.. I've updated mods such as book of talent to make sure they're on the latest patch.. but some normal items from rose sims and other sites are failing to install.
tumblr_inline_oqdvr8Z3jV1qbd7br_540.gif
⌠ Team Holy Hêll ⌡ [Currently playing TS4]

Comments

• Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    edited October 2014
    You've tried a fresh download of one or a few of the files that are giving you a hard time?

We're talking CC here, right? Not actually mods, right?

A few 'hundred', *gasps and keels over backwards* I'm such a NoOb at this CC business, lol. I think I have, what, 50 items altogether?

*edit* Oh, if you could share what a few of these files are, I could try putting them in my game and seeing if I get the same message. At least that way we can rule out the file itself if I have no issues installing it.
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    I'm digging up this old thread, because it's happening to me right now, but with store content. Free store content that came with Pets and Showime, now says "Error. Missing expansion packs". I have all EP's installed since last spring when I changed my PC. I just wanted to start up a fresh vanilla game, so I renamed my old folder. Could it be this dang 1.69 update? I can't install some .simspack files neither, it says my store content isn't patched enough.... Could someone please help me out?
    NymlADp.jpg
  • hellmasterbghellmasterbg Posts: 1 New Member
    The same thing that jillbg said is happening to me. I try to install Store content while having the right expansion pack and it shows the error "Missing expansion packs". Did anyone find a solution to this issue yet?
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    The same thing that jillbg said is happening to me. I try to install Store content while having the right expansion pack and it shows the error "Missing expansion packs". Did anyone find a solution to this issue yet?

Are you at patch 1.69? The only time this has happened to me was when I was trying to install the Showtime registration reward and the Showtime EP was unselected in the Launcher. All I had to do was select the Showtime EP in the Launcher and try again.

If you have 1.69, make sure the EPs/SPs are selected in the Launcher before attempting to install .sims3pack content which requires an EP/SP.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    I recently had a little experiment where I renamed my Sims 3 folder and start a new one. Then I downloaded fresh store content from my Purchase History and also from the Store site.

I found it all installed. (I have patch 1.67)

However, previously the Store patch downloaded and was found in a ContentPatch folder inside The Sims 3 folder in My Documents.

I discovered the ContentPatch folder was indeed in my Sims 3 folder, but it was empty.

This occurred after the latest update to the Sims 3 site.

My content all installed correctly.

I also installed some backed up store content and had no problems. It was content I had downloaded and saved on an external drive a long time ago. I expected it to fail to install due to the lack of store content patches.

I'm wondering if you are now having problems because maybe your ContentPatch folder is empty? I don't know if this is related to your problem but thought I'd mention it just in case.
  • RenateDRenateD Posts: 34 Member
    Karritz wrote: »
    I recently had a little experiment where I renamed my Sims 3 folder and start a new one. Then I downloaded fresh store content from my Purchase History and also from the Store site.

I found it all installed. (I have patch 1.67)

However, previously the Store patch downloaded and was found in a ContentPatch folder inside The Sims 3 folder in My Documents.

I discovered the ContentPatch folder was indeed in my Sims 3 folder, but it was empty.

This occurred after the latest update to the Sims 3 site.

My content all installed correctly.

I also installed some backed up store content and had no problems. It was content I had downloaded and saved on an external drive a long time ago. I expected it to fail to install due to the lack of store content patches.

I'm wondering if you are now having problems because maybe your ContentPatch folder is empty? I don't know if this is related to your problem but thought I'd mention it just in case.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I was looking for a solution and I believe I just found it here. :smiley:
  • mysticdiva2mysticdiva2 Posts: 699 Member
    I have all expansion packs and stuff Packs installed. All my store stuff installed with issue except Katy Perry's Collection Edition Set. I get the message EP6KatyPerrySetSims3Pack:Error:Requires missing Expansion Pack. Any ideas on how I can fix it.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    I have all expansion packs and stuff Packs installed. All my store stuff installed with issue except Katy Perry's Collection Edition Set. I get the message EP6KatyPerrySetSims3Pack:Error:Requires missing Expansion Pack. Any ideas on how I can fix it.

Did you try opening the launcher, then click expansions and making sure "Showtime" was enabled? Occassionally my expansions disable themselves and I have to reenable them.
  • mysticdiva2mysticdiva2 Posts: 699 Member
    Thank you, that worked!!
  • EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    Great suggestion @Springfairy556 ^^. Closing thread now.
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top