Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Release the Kraken (cheats?)

Hi guys

Is there a way to cheat the kraken into the game? I played IP a lot when the EP came out and afterwards as well but I have never seen the kraken. I am really sad that I have missed out and would love to see it. Is there a way to make it show up? There's the reward but I have never worked out how to use that either.

All suggestions welcome.

Thank you.
Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.

Comments

• Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Hi can anyone help please?
  • Options
    sirguylittlesirguylittle Posts: 776 Member
    @Mariefoxprice83, I haven't played IP very much so have yet to see the Kraken myself. All I could find about it seems to be summed up in this information about the Friend of the Kraken Lifetime Reward on Carl's Guide.

There doesn't seem to be a cheat that I could find and that you just need to be patient as the chance of the Kraken appearing is very low. Following the tips given at the above link may be the best bet.
  • Options
    Alright. Thank you. I played IP a LOT and I think the most I ever saw was a shadow and missed the creature itself.
  • Options
    @Mariefoxprice83, the tips from Carl's Guide definitely work!

I started a new game and had my Sim buy a houseboat and a rowboat and parked the houseboat near one of the hidden islands.

The_Sims_3_Kraken_Search_1.png

I sent him fishing and the Kraken was sighted after about an hour

The_Sims_3_Kraken_Search_2.png

I had him row a little further out from the houseboat as I wondered if the houseboat was too close and resumed fishing and this happened! It happened so fast I nearly missed it, lol

The_Sims_3_Kraken_Search_3.png

Soon after

The_Sims_3_Kraken_Search_4.png

and while swimming back to the houseboat another sighting, luckily swimming away :)

The_Sims_3_Kraken_Search_5.png
  • Options
    Ah thank you! Though I admit I thought the kraken's appearance would be a bit more dramatic.
  • Options
    FluorescentSoapFluorescentSoap Posts: 1,472 Member
    edited October 2014
    I've never had him attack yet he's just shadowed around me like in the pictures posted by sirguylittle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7Um5aRWaSg

here's a video though.

Link to

"Island Paradise Gameplay Facts And Tips (Kraken, Lifeguard, Shark, and more"

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/686948.page

"KRAKEN

- Every time your boat is idle for at least 30 minutes(multiply), there's a small chance that a kraken will swim by and even smaller chance that it will attack your boat.
    - If the kraken has swum by your boat peacefully then this would double the attack chance for your next encounter.
    - If the weather is heavy rain you'll get another extra chance that kraken will attack your idle boat.
    - If your boat is near an uncharted island (radius 30 sim meters) then the attack chance will also increase.
    - Panic radius around kraken attack is 20 sim meters
    - Kraken will only attack any boat where the sea bed is deeper than 20 m. "
    tumblr_inline_oqdvr8Z3jV1qbd7br_540.gif
    ⌠ Team Holy Hêll ⌡ [Currently playing TS4]
  • Options
    @Mariefoxprice83, it was quite dramatic just like the video posted by @FluorescentSoap shows. It disappeared for a while and suddenly it came up from below and I nearly missed taking a screenshot is what I meant!
  • Options
    Woo that is pretty cool! :)
  • Options
    RRArtieRRArtie Posts: 204 Member
    There is a mod on ModtheSims (sealifeattach is its name) that changes the likelihood of an attack. Others have posted that they see the kraken at night. Looking at this mod, it shows the kraken appears in water 20 deep or more.

Hope this helps
  • Options
    SimsAnaSimsAna Posts: 58 Member
    That is so rad! I just started my journey play IP and I'm really excited to see the mermaids and Kraken. Do you have to live out in the middle of the ocean to see them?
  • Options
    SimsAna wrote: »
    That is so rad! I just started my journey play IP and I'm really excited to see the mermaids and Kraken. Do you have to live out in the middle of the ocean to see them?

Some of the posts that I have read talk about taking your houseboat out to the deep water (between the islands or toward the edges of the map and parking at night. You will hear the Kraken as a low hum. The mods I talked about will increase or decrease the probability of Kraken and shark attacks.

You will see mermaids (or mermen) when you dive. I think it helps to have harvested some kelp on your dive and have it in your inventory. You can also see them on land and socialize with them. Eventually one of them will give you the secret to a hidden island.

Have fun,

IP was one of my favorite expansions. Be sure and do the diving and discovery of the different hidden islands. I like expansions that let you participate (IP and WA).
  • Options
    > @RRArtie said:
    > SimsAna wrote: »
    >
    > That is so rad! I just started my journey play IP and I'm really excited to see the mermaids and Kraken. Do you have to live out in the middle of the ocean to see them?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Some of the posts that I have read talk about taking your houseboat out to the deep water (between the islands or toward the edges of the map and parking at night. You will hear the Kraken as a low hum. The mods I talked about will increase or decrease the probability of Kraken and shark attacks.
    >
    > You will see mermaids (or mermen) when you dive. I think it helps to have harvested some kelp on your dive and have it in your inventory. You can also see them on land and socialize with them. Eventually one of them will give you the secret to a hidden island.
    >
    > Have fun,
    >
    > IP was one of my favorite expansions. Be sure and do the diving and discovery of the different hidden islands. I like expansions that let you participate (IP and WA).
    >
    >
    > Do you have to have a house boat sit out in the deep water between islands or can you just take a regular boat out into the waters?
  • Options
    SimsAna wrote: »
    > @RRArtie said:<br />
    > SimsAna wrote: »<br />
    > Do you have to have a house boat sit out in the deep water between islands or can you just take a regular boat out into the waters?

I imagine any boat would work. The idea behind those posts was that the Sims were camped out overnight in the houseboat and could do other things while they waited.
  • Options
    The2SimsThe2Sims Posts: 65 Member
    edited October 2014
    How the heck can sims survive a kraken attack... :|
    mini-graphics-dancing-and-singing-057635.gif
  • Options
    @The2Sims
    That's what I'm wondering.
  • Options
    Genie3Genie3 Posts: 3 New Member
    hey peeps, here is something that might help ;) . Google the following: Let's Play The Sims 3 Island Paradise - Ep. 27 - Release the Kraken!

Hope it workes
  • Options
    its on youtube, so just fast forward until you get to it
  • Options
    plus, I know its 2017, new years, but I still wondered how to release the kraken