Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

England/british style sims

RosiaMia_RosiaMia_ Posts: 1,377 Member
edited March 2015 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Being a brit i love playing the sims, its american styled (obvs it being made american and being based in america) it makes it so much fun living the american life style... Mail boxes, styles of homes, pools (soon) etc

However... How would american simmers feel if they went british style? London town, country style?
Post edited by RosiaMia_ on

Comments

• King4510411King4510411 Posts: 2,056 Member
    I think that would be cool :)
  • YazFoxxyYazFoxxy Posts: 1,219 Member
    Actually, they I think they should. Big Ben and all that.
  • PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    I would enjoy it. I loved WA just for the chance to see other countries. I have no idea how accurate they were, but I really liked them. Being a rather poor American, it is very unlikely I will ever get the chance to ever see another country, excepting the time I went into Canada for the day, and that looked just the same as home.

Do you not have mail boxes in Britain? Do you just have the smaller boxes on the front of the house by the door instead?
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
    Piperbird1 wrote: »
    I would enjoy it. I loved WA just for the chance to see other countries. I have no idea how accurate they were, but I really liked them. Being a rather poor American, it is very unlikely I will ever get the chance to ever see another country, excepting the time I went into Canada for the day, and that looked just the same as home.

Do you not have mail boxes in Britain? Do you just have the smaller boxes on the front of the house by the door instead?

Letter box through door. ;_; I WANT A MAIL BOX.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :mrgreen:

It sounds lovely, bring it over. :D
  • altad1altad1 Posts: 1,091 Member

We have letter boxes on the front door, they're not really boxes. But in Glasgow we do have Dr Who's tardis.
  • Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited October 2014
    I am American. I wouldn't mind one bit.
  • crzy_gal_101crzy_gal_101 Posts: 1,856 Member
    Adding a UK themed world would be nice. It would add variety to the game.
    Official Katy Perry Sim: http://goo.gl/Vxo3Be
  • JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    Well what I'd really love to see are those houses and buildings all close together.
  • ZakeiraZakeira Posts: 181 Member
    Leave it to my fellow Americans to figure out a way to deliver the post without actually having to get out of the truck. :D
    mTp8aXz.jpg
  • ArielDelphinusArielDelphinus Posts: 628 Member
    I am American and I think that would be wonderfully fun and enjoyable.
    “Because if you don't stand up for the stuff you don't like, when they come for the stuff you do like, you've already lost.”
    ― Neil Gaiman
  • altad1altad1 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Miricha wrote: »
    We'd need Seasons first, you couldn't make an authentic version of the UK with the constant sunshine we currently have in game... ;) It just wouldn't feel right!

It'd be cool to have the ability to build terraced houses though.

I agree, I used to do that in Sims2, but we'd definitely need seasons, lot's of rain and wind and fog.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    RosiaMia_ wrote: »
    Being a brit i love playing the sims, its american styled (obvs it being made american and being based in america) it makes it so much fun living the american life style... Mail boxes, styles of homes, pools (soon) etc<br />
    <br />
    However... How would american simmers feel if they went british style? London town, country style?

I would really like that. I sick of the burbs in these games. And I need some pubs!
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    Crackseed wrote: »
    You put those accents in my Sims game and I may never leave my PC...

UNF.

I lived with scots for like 5 years, so I'm immune to limey.

• RosiaMia_RosiaMia_ Posts: 1,377 Member
    Haha! :) british/uk things -

[b]Weather[/b] - snow, rain (seasons)

[b]Window cleaners[/b] - like a maid he would come and clean the windows.

[b]Fashion[/b] - British stores like Topshop, Riverisland, Zara etc (TS3 did do diesel)

[b]Milk man[/b] - deliverers fresh food in a morning!

[b]Mail boxes[/b] - have the option of having a mail box on a wall.
  • shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    I would love new towns based off of other countries to be implemented like this in the future.
  • MirichaMiricha Posts: 470 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I would really like that. I sick of the burbs in these games. And I need some pubs!

Yes! Pubs would be brilliant. Complete with pub lunches... XD
    수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
    my new simblr
    lWAXrDZ.png
  • Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited October 2014
    And don't forget the double-decker bus even if it is only decoration. And the red phone booth, although those are probably nearly long gone now due to cell phones, like it is in America.
  • cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    U wot m8?
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    YazFoxxy wrote: »

Letter box through door. ;_; I WANT A MAIL BOX.

Really?! Do things get in? Like bugs and little lizards and things? And isn't that cold? I have cousins who live out west, and even with a closed house things like scorpions get in. They taught me to always check shoes before you put them on!

But I would love an EP with other countries, as long as they are accurate and I can learn things about the country, and not just stereotypes.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    @Vlaxitov - You have my condolences.

I used to hand my british ex aspirin bottles and tell her to read the labels just cause dat accent.
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    And don't forget the double-decker bus even if it is only decoration. And the red phone booth, although those are probably nearly long gone now due to cell phones, like it is in America.

Yeah. There are some up London still I do believe. I ain't too far away from there.