Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

✪La Magazine Des Sims✪ Winner Announced! Judges please check last page!

TayTay4899TayTay4899 Posts: 2,092 Member
edited March 8 in Nominated Threads
opener_zps52b4e6e7.png
Bonjour and welcome to La Magazine Des Sims! This is the 3rd competition I have hosted and I hope you join! The title says it all, La Magazine is all based on magazines. You will be producing shots for your own creative magazine. The assignments won't have as much requirements as they normally do, consider them guidelines! This competition will be based on Magazine shots from ads to editorials. Most will be based off real magazines and a few spin offs. The requirements are more like guidelines, so spark your creativity! The amount of assignments depends on models. Whatever shots you create will go towards your own magazine, that I will put together for you.
**I will still make you a magazine even if you're eliminated early.**
Rules_zpsf8abcddb.png
▸No Face-Plastering/Photo-Skinning
▸No RE-DOs at all.
▸Rudeness/Meanness/Fighting will not
be tolerated.
▸3 extensions per model/2 days each/Must ask a day ahead.
▸I am in EST time. Please adjust, as all assignments are due at Midnight EST.
▸Must be YA but Male and Female accepted.
▸Assignments are 8 days long.
▸Editing is allowed/recommended HIGHLY. [You need to be able to adjust the size/add text]
▸ALL SHOTS MUST BE 750 x 1154 [ Width x Height ]
▸DO NOT join if you are going to DROP or be a NO SHOW.
[Dropping due to some events/circumstances are understandable. But please let me know! I will be ticked off with no shows.
They are discouraging to hosts! I don't want to end this early just because we run out of people. Especially for the people who are still in.]

Scoring_zps0b09374f.png
This competition will be following the basics.

Quality: /5
Creativity: /10
Followed Requirements: /10
Magazine Quality: /10
Judges Taste: /5
Styling: /10
Pose/Expression: /10

Total: /60

Quality- Is it clear and crisp? Free of glitching?
Creativity- Is it creative? Out of the box?
Followed Requirements- Did you follow what was required?
Magazine Quality: Is it like something you'd see in a magazine?
Judge's Taste- Just a personal taste of if we like it or not.
Styling- Does your styling fit? (Hair, Accessories, Clothing, Shoes, and going to include set in this.)
Pose/Expression: Does the pose fit?

**JUDGES**- Do not worry about the size requirement each round. I will do those myself, and it will not be under requirements, but overall. Thank you! :)
Judges Choice- +3 points to your total score. (Each judge will choose a favorite!)

PRIZES:
1st Place-Siggy/Full Magazine
2nd Place- Siggy/Full Magazine
3rd Place- Siggy/ Semi-Finale Magazine (Missing Last Shot)
Others-Uncompleted Magazine up to what assignment you were eliminated in.
SIggie_zpsteudom1n.gif
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• TayTay4899TayTay4899 Posts: 2,092 Member
    edited February 2015
    Models_zpsf3c3acd9.png

ModelWall_zps0f6caf82.png

Kayla_zpsa054ef68.png
    Neiph_zps54bd8710.jpg
    Pep_zps67791859.png

Checked In:

Maggie_zpsf1bcad9b.png
    Turned In:

Models:
    Vi - Thomas Michael Benoit
    Kayla - Jennifer Blaze
    Kay - Brooke Hightower
    Maggie - JoAnna Fox [Jo]
    Dats - Danielle Chatel
    Neiph - Ville Jergen
    Pep-Maia

Judges_zps8bbc4b55.png
    Judgewall_zpsc583ec0c.png

Post edited by TayTay4899 on
    SIggie_zpsteudom1n.gif
    edited March 2015
    Assignments_zps56b3cf3f.png

Challenges_zps045638dc.png

SIggie_zpsteudom1n.gif
    edited March 2015
    Submissions_zps6d52fd58.png

Kayla & Jennifer:
    Part 1:
    Screenshot-16_zpsuo9nml4z.jpg
    Part 2:
    Screenshot-15_zpseglqcuqi.jpg
    Challenge:
    Screenshot-17_zpsvj61beph.jpg

Maggie & Jo:
    jo%20closer_zpskcpeefeu.png
    jo%20red%20carpet_zpsmncoixdc.png

Neiph & Ville:
    16545857119_d287aa4597_b.jpg
    16730897002_8c43522be4_b.jpg

Pep & Maia:

SIggie_zpsteudom1n.gif
    edited March 2015
    Scores_zps5acc68dc.png

First off, thank you guys for competing! It was fun to have all 3 of you! Congrats on your placings! Judges, please check the last page for your thank yous! :D

Keep Scrolling! :lol:

Aaaand the winner is.....

Neiph with Ville!
    Siggy: (click it for link)
    Neiph_zpsrvllz4gi.png

Magazine can be found >here< .

Scores:

Taylor:

Makeup:

Quality: 5/5
    Creativity: 9.5/10
    Followed Requirements: 10/10
    Magazine Quality: 9.5/10
    Judges Taste: 4.5/5
    Styling: 9.5/10
    Pose/Expression: 10/10
    Total: 58/60

Red Carpet:

Quality: 4.5/5
    Creativity: 10/10
    Magazine Quality: 10/10
    Judges Taste: 5/5
    Styling: 10/10
    Total: 59.5/60

This entire competition I have enjoyed your shots and you did not disappoint with this! I love both and they look so professional. You stuck to a great theme and coloring throughout your entire magazine and boy, did you pull that off! That being said, I love both of your shots this round. I know it was a challenge for Ville to wear some makeup, so I give you that. I think brighter, bolder colors would look good, but I like the softness. As far as the bodyshot, I think the only complaint is it appears a little too overly sharpened. Great job!

Total: 117.5/120

Kendall:

Makeup:

Magazine Quality: 9/10
    Styling: 9/10

Red Carpet:

Total: 59/60

This is wonderful! I was excited to see what you were gonna do because this was gonna be a little challenging cause you have a guy to work with but I think you worked with him very nicely. This is totally giving off the editorial vibe. This might not be the most dramatic but I think this is still pretty good. Love the greyish effect. I think it looks fantastic with the pop of color! His eyes look stunning and the pose is quite nice too! Very well done Neiph!^_^

First of all, I REALLY love his styling in this shot, he looks so casual but still very dressed up! Love those glasses on him! Even tho the background is on the simpler side, adding those magazine covers to the background was a very nice and a very unique touch. His face does loose a bit of the quality but otherwise, excellent work!

Total: 117/120

Jillie:

Makeup:

Creativity: 8/10
    Followed Requirements: 8/10
    Total: 55/60

Red Carpet:

Total: 60/60

Well, well, well, what do we have to say about Ville. I'll try to keep my mad crush to myself. One of the best things for me, is that you have this solid theme for your pictures throughout this entire competition. I feel like you really had a main focus on what you wanted your overall magazine to look like, and I really commend you for that. Your head shot, bang on. It's a difficult task usually for a male to rock some makeup. I really like that it's the pop of colour, but I think if the colours were a lot bolder it would give a better effect. I get that it seems like you're going for a more softer side, the facial expression really adding to that, but for personal taste I'm never one for subtle haha! Overall I do love this, and your quality, like always, is perfection.

You just have this air of confidence about you, that you could literally just stand there and scream perfection. That is what I think of every time I look at this photo! The styling and setting go so well together and as I said above it's that running theme, it just seems so professional to me. Your personal styling is bang on, of course. There's really no more I can say about this without it going to your ego. Perfection. Good luck!

Total: 115/120

Jen:

Makeup:

Creativity: 8.5/10

Red Carpet:

Total: 58.5/60

Neiph, I loved this so much! You always make all your pictures look like they’ve come straight out of a magazine. The only thing I was expecting a little more of was the dramatic makeup…but since he’s a guy, I understand how much more of a challenge it was. In the second photo, Ville look absolutely chic and professional. (I’m beginning to swoon over him) He has that clean, casual look, but still sometimes screams “bad boy” to me! Overall, great work!

Total: 116.5/120

Overall: 466/480 + 6 (Jillie & Jen’s Choice) = 472/480

Runner up:
    Maggie with Jo!
    Siggy: (click on it for link)
    maggie_zpsbdqlmoio.png

Magazine can be found >here<.

Scores:

Taylor:

Makeup:

Creativity: 9/10

Red Carpet:

Pose/Expression: 9.5/10

Amazing photos Maggie! I love both and can’t think of many complaints about either! I love the eyeshadow in the headshot, and her hair in the bodyshot. I think you could have given her a tiny bit more bolder lipstick to really pull off the headshot. You nailed the bodyshot. Stunning job!

Total: 117.5/120

Kendall:

Makeup:

Pose/Expression: 9.5/10
    Total: 57/60

Red Carpet:

Stunning, as always. This is quite dramatic with the cheetah print eyes and the bold lips! I really like that. The cheetah print eyes are absolutely fabulous! Really love that hair on Jo, she looks gorgeous with it. The expressions are pretty cool but her smile looks like an awkward smile. Really really beautiful shot. Great work!

Wowza! This is absolutely amazing! I’m speechless. Jo looks way too fierce and gorgeous here! She’s totally rocking that dress and that headpiece very nicely. She looks like a freaking bomb that’s about to explode! - in a good way of course! Really love the setting, it looks like a real red carpet background. Love how you added the lights there. That’s quite interesting. Excellent work! This really is fantastic!

Total: 116.5/120

Jillie:

Makeup:
    Total: 55/60

Bodyshot:
    Total: 60/60

First off, I would like to say congrats on being here at the end. I went through all your photos and I have to say that you always looks absolutely stunning in all of them. Which obviously no difference here. Your pictures are so crisp and your eyes just pop. I love the eye make-up you chose, I feel it really matches your personality. That being said, I want more! This is a bold assignment and I would have loved to see you go crazy with it. Just all out! I look at the runway carpet and I see all those added details in your hair, which I think would of worked soo well with your head shot and really put this picture over the top. Overall though, this of course is a great quality shot, that I do truly adore!

Now on to the red carpet!
    Dam girl, you look fabulous! I just love your style to be honest and you flaunt it so well! The dress you chose is great, always good to have a little black dress kicking around. The biggest thing for me is always expression, and I'm not sure what it is, but your face always just draws me right in! As I said before, I really love the added hair accessories and those piercing blue eyes are set to kill. Love the pose, love the setting. Only thing missing for me is a shadow, but other than that I really have no quarrels about this one!
    Good Luck, my dear!

Total: 115/120

Jen:

Makeup:

Creativity: 8.5/10
    Total: 57/60

Red Carpet:

Judges Taste: 4/5
    Total: 56.5/60

Jo looks amazing in the first photo! I love the eyeshadow and the eyelashes, but maybe a more vibrant lip color? Jo looks so fierce and edgy in the second photo. She is effortlessly sexy, and I really like how the hair kind of corresponds to her dress. I also noticed that the background has Sim&Ink Magazine written on it, which was really creative! I loved your work!

Total: 113.5/120

Overall: 462.5/480 + 6 (Kendall & Taylor’s Pick) = 468.5/480

Third Place
    Kayla with Jennifer
    Siggy: (click on it for link)
    kayla_zps5usco6qj.png

Magazine can be found >here<

Scores:

Makeup

Taylor:
    Quality: 3/5
    Magazine Quality: 7.5/10
    Judges Taste: 3.5/5
    Styling: 8/10
    Pose/Expression: 9/10
    Total: 51/60

Red Carpet:

Magazine Quality: 8/10
    Total: 51.5/60

It is amazing to see how much you improved during the competition! I really like both of your shots. They show your theme well. I love the boldness of her makeup in the headshot, you nailed that! I do feel like the quality was lacking though. The bodyshot was also good, I love the dress and background. Perfect! I just wish it was cropped more, and like a portrait. Well done!

Total: 102.5/120

Kendall:

Makeup:

Magazine Quality: 7/10
    Pose/Expression: 8/10
    Total: 48.5/60

Red Carpet:

Quality: 4/5
    Styling: 8.5/10
    Pose/Expression: 7/10
    Total: 52/60

Nicely done Kayla! I really like the bright green and yellow, they look very beautiful alongside each other. The make-up is unique, a little different. I like it. I love this hairstyle for Jennifer. She looks stunning in it. I do wish there was a bit more definition to the makeup. You can really tell the pixelation with the green color. The green and yellow on the nose and the chin looks a little bit weird. But yeah! Overall, good job.

The whole dress looks absolutely stunning on Jennifer. She looks gorgeous. I love her facial expressions but I do think that the pose is definitely not red carpet worthy. She looks very dull with the pose. The setting is okay. I do wish there was a bit more to look at. I like the background color, It think it looks pretty nice with her dress. Good job, love.

Total: 100.5/120

Jillie:

Makeup:

Magazine Quality: 6/10
    Judges Taste: 3/5
    Pose/Expression: 8/10
    Total: 44/60

Red Carpet:

Magazine Quality: 6/10
    Judges Taste: 3/5
    Pose/Expression: 9/10
    Total: 45/60

I understand you were having some health issues, that I hope you're getting all better from (sending healing thoughts), but I'm happy to see that you could still submit and participate for the last round!

I see we brought a little green from last round! I have to say your entry was the one that really went crazy with the make-up, so thank you for that! It's bright and dramatic and I feel well suited for your model and styling throughout the competition. With that in mind, it's really the quality that brings down your photo. A little smudging or smoothing out the really pixilated areas would do wonders for this! I do feel that a wilder hair choice or possibly some accessories would have really made the make-up pop and give your photo a well rounded effect overall. Another thing to note is your background, while supposed to be really simple, I feel is almost too harsh. Though the darkness works really well I think instead of a solid black, a smokey grey would have lightened the overall feel of the photo.

As everyone does, you look fabulous on the red carpet! I love the choice of blue for your dress, it really pops out! The pose is great, and I feel it gives you an edge and air of confidence, which is a red carpet must! I would have liked to have seen you a little closer up though! Possibly having this a portrait versus a landscape shot. It would take away the excess background that you don't really need, and make you even more of a focal point. I have a feeling you are in some outdoor lighting, which can really take away from your finer details and quality. I always suggest to use indoor, using the debug lights to give you the best possible lighting. Overall, I think you did a good job and I've seen some growth throughout this competition!

Total: 89/120

Jen:

Makeup:

Magazine Quality: 8.5/10
    Styling: 8.5/10

Red Carpet:

Judges Taste: 4/5

Jennifer’s eye color really pops out in the first photo. She looks so dreamy and content. However, I wish her hair was out of her face so that the makeup could have been emphasized more. The makeup could have been a little cleaner and focused less on the cheeks. For the second picture, I love that dress you picked for Jennifer! She looks so confident, and that blue/purple looks great on her, bringing out her eyes even more. She looks like an absolute A-list celebrity!

Total: 113/120

Overall: 405/480 + 3 for Challenge= 408/480
    SIggie_zpsteudom1n.gif
    edited November 2014
    progress_zpsa1611950.png

Kay:
    Kay_zps0a0f402d.png

Dats:
    Dats_zpseacc31b2.png

Maggie:
    Maggie_zps0a44d20c.png

Pep:
    Pep_zps50c69390.png

Neiph:
    Untitled_zps1f514bce.png

Vi:
    Vi_zps7464657f.png

Kayla:
    Kayla_zpsee345f2c.png
    SIggie_zpsteudom1n.gif
  • lionesskitty09lionesskitty09 Posts: 1,827 Member
    I'm super excited for this! :) Not sure if I want to judge or compete!
    25316144021_1a6fd75cf6_b.jpg
    Okay, go ahead and reserve me! :) I'll work on my Model App tonight!
  • IncomingVirusIncomingVirus Posts: 2,831 Member
    I would love to be reserved please.

I only have one model left, so will probably enter her. I deleted all the others. lol

Will have my app in over the weekend.
    35a41sn.gif
    Quick question, must the application photos also be 750 x 1154?
    35a41sn.gif
  • IceTigers21IceTigers21 Posts: 810 Member
    Oooh this looks so fun! I just don't think I'll have the time. :'(
    Siggy_zpsvy6uc9hh.gif

Username/Preferred Name: Vi
    Model's Name: Thomas Michael Benoit

Headshot[Hair up, Bare shoulders, White background]:

15320062129_e43c2e9f3b_o.png

Bodyshot[Black Jeans/Shorts/Skirt, Blue Shirt (125-223-255), and Hair down]:

15507065165_c6a907c5f0_o.png

I made them the actual sizes just in case.

I have never really modeled with a male before, but let's see how it goes. :)

Hope the blue shirt is the right color?
    35a41sn.gif
    Reserved Kay :)

Vi- Sorry for the late reply! The blue is perfect, and your model is handsome! They didn't need to be the size posted, but thank you :)

Ava- That's too bad. :3 would you be interested in judging?
    SIggie_zpsteudom1n.gif
    Yeah Ava, you should judge! :)
    Everything's updated now! :) I'm thinking signups will be open for a bit.
    SIggie_zpsteudom1n.gif
  • spackichanspackichan Posts: 1,183 Member
    *lurks shamelessly* o _ o
    (◡ ‿ ◡ ✿)
  • IceTigers21IceTigers21 Posts: 810 Member
    But I wanna magazine...haha I might like to judge though, I'll think about it and definitely apply if no one else does! :D
    Siggy_zpsvy6uc9hh.gif

Sounds good!

Glad to see ya lurk Chan :)
    SIggie_zpsteudom1n.gif
  • datscoolestdatscoolest Posts: 1,014 Member
    omg reserve me tay!
    I hate it when people see me at the supermarket and they're like:

"what are you doing here?"

and I'm like:

"oh, you know, hunting elephants"

Reserved Dats. :)
    SIggie_zpsteudom1n.gif
    Hoping to see some interest!
    SIggie_zpsteudom1n.gif
  • bestfrienemies14bestfrienemies14 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Hmm I'll think about this one. Perhaps I can find a little more room in my schedule for this one.
    Hope you can find some time! Sign ups won't be closing for another few weeks. :)
    SIggie_zpsteudom1n.gif
  • datscoolestdatscoolest Posts: 1,014 Member
    just letting ya know that i should have my application form up tonight or tomorrow
    I hate it when people see me at the supermarket and they're like:

"what are you doing here?"

and I'm like:

"oh, you know, hunting elephants"

I should be able to get my app into you by this week.... :)
    Awesome guys, no rush! :)
    SIggie_zpsteudom1n.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top