Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Restaurant Feedback For Producers

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
edited October 2014 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
  • In General:

Plenty of table interactions, like feeding each other, food fight, sitting-down proposals. The ability to order water, soda, nectar and varied beverages to have along with your meal. Waiting staff that takes your order, serves you and brings your bill. They also react to you tipping (or lack thereof).

I hope different styles of restaurant are available. I offer my suggestions:

• Posh Restaurant

Como-ordenar-un-vino-en-Paris.jpg

A maître welcomes you (host / hostess) and leads you to your table. There the waiter takes your order to the kitchen, fully functional. The perfect romantic setting. Classical music is played. Tastefulness and elegance exuding from the subdued luxury.

• Pizza Parlor

pizzaiolo_g.jpg

A more informal setting, ideal for family outings. No hosting needed. The waiters bring the pizzas to the table, putting it on the middle and everybody can serve their own slices. You can see the pizzaiolo making pies and toppings and the wood-fired oven is the star.

• Conveyor Belt Sushi Bar

dannychoodotcom_conveyorbeltsushi.jpg

The Sushi Shokunin (Sushi Chef) remains at the centre stage while the delicacies he makes go around on a conveyor belt and people help themselves.

If these three restaurants came in their own little gastronomic neighbourhood (with an extra empty lot should we decide to build our own restaurant or just live there!), they could be sold together as an SP or DLC. I'd gladly pay £ 12 or US$ 19 for that.

They could also be a major feature of a larger expansion, like the proposed Town Life.
Post edited by DerekJohnson on

Comments

• SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Yes please! More options for places to have dates or hang out is always a plus!
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    Any other suggestions?
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    These types of restaurants are awesome. I really like the posh restaurant mechanic, because when you make your own, they can be any style you choose, not only formal! For this generation, we really need real restaurant with waitresses, cooks, and a menu with every meal available in the game! Another type of restaurant is Diner or Café, where you can order breakfast and other types of fast food!
    MatheusBS wrote: »
    Another type of restaurant is Diner or Café, where you can order breakfast and other types of fast food!

Great suggestions.

No one else has ideas?
  • Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    We need at the very least a Bistro,Cafe , Pizza Parlor , and of course a fast food joint /burger joint
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    • In General:

Plenty of table interactions, like feeding each other, food fight, sitting-down proposals. The ability to order water, soda, nectar and varied beverages to have along with your meal. Waiting staff that takes your order, serves you and brings your bill. They also react to you tipping (or lack thereof).

I hope different styles of restaurant are available. I offer my suggestions:

• Posh Restaurant

Como-ordenar-un-vino-en-Paris.jpg

A maître welcomes you (host / hostess) and leads you to your table. There the waiter takes your order to the kitchen, fully functional. The perfect romantic setting. Classical music is played. Tastefulness and elegance exuding from the subdued luxury.

• Pizza Parlor

pizzaiolo_g.jpg

A more informal setting, ideal for family outings. No hosting needed. The waiters bring the pizzas to the table, putting it on the middle and everybody can serve their own slices. You can see the pizzaiolo making pies and toppings and the wood-fired oven is the star.

• Conveyor Belt Sushi Bar

dannychoodotcom_conveyorbeltsushi.jpg

The Sushi Shokunin (Sushi Chef) remains at the centre stage while the delicacies he makes go around on a conveyor belt and people help themselves.

If these three restaurants came in their own little gastronomic neighbourhood (with an extra empty lot should we decide to build our own restaurant or just live there!), they could be sold together as an SP or DLC. I'd gladly pay £ 12 or US$ 19 for that.

They could also be a major feature of a larger expansion, like the proposed Town Life.

Yes I agree with all of this. Also I'd like a retro 50s resturent like we had in TS2.
  • brainybeebrainybee Posts: 1,123 Member
    edited October 2014
    I don't see how they are going to be able to give us decent restaurant experiences until they fix the musical chairs while eating bugs.
  • brainybeebrainybee Posts: 1,123 Member
    Ewww. It looks like I said I wanted Sims to eat bugs ;)
    brainybee wrote: »
    I don't see how they are going to be able to give us decent restaurant experiences until they fix the musical chairs while eating bugs.

Oh yeah I forgot about that but hopefully it will be fixed in the November or December Patch.

I want my meals bug-free.
    The sushi looks good to me. It has my mouth watering. :p

10817738066_34d4568344_z.jpg

YUM!!!!

10817738066_34d4568344_z.jpg

YUM!!!!

Lots of protein on that plate.
  • Shadecaster101Shadecaster101 Posts: 1,343 Member
    edited October 2014
    I would like a bakery and 50's diner as well. Love your ideas!

Until we get cars I'll pass on the 50's diner . If you do that it has to be a drive in .

Until we get cars I'll pass on the 50's diner . If you do that it has to be a drive in .

Point taken.
    I'd like a malt shop with milk shakes and ice cream.

Will the milk-shake bring all the boys to the yard?

Hopefully all the townies male and female. A 50s styled malt shop would be preferred.

Hopefully all the townies male and female. A 50s styled malt shop would be preferred.

Got it!
  • TinkerballTinkerball Posts: 1,113 Member

Got it!

I got the joke. ;)
  • munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    Tinkerball wrote: »

Got it!

I got the joke. ;)

If no one got it I could always teach them but I'd have to charge...
  • zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    Tinkerball wrote: »

Got it!

I got the joke. ;)

My Pokeman brings all the Nerds to the Yard.
  • NoWayJose527NoWayJose527 Posts: 1,456 Member
    I loved the restaurants -- and the ability to create/run our own -- in Sims 2. Many of my best memories of the game come from those venues. I remember Collin proposing to Belinda at a greasy spoon diner after a late-night date. I remember huge family get-togethers for wedding receptions and special occasions. I remember the great sports bar one of my star baseball players opened. I remember the little burger joint the Thompson family ran. They died in a fire in one of the town's most horrific tragedies. They were good people. They were missed. I remember the Fredericks, too. They were retired, so they opened a little ice cream parlor. It never did make much money, but the kids loved the place.

Yeah, restaurants can add so much to the life of a town and to the lives of the people who dwell. there.