Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

'Can't find slot for this object' error when placing room.

So I uploaded a room to The Gallery and myself and others seem to have issues placing the room down. It comes up with an error that says 'can't find slot for this object'.

I'm using twistedmexi's move objects on mod and am not sure if this is causing issues somewhere. However, i haven't had this error pop up before with other rooms/lots that i've used the mod with.

Any help?

Comments

• LeFayLeFay Posts: 30 New Member
    edited October 2014
    I'm having this trouble too with certain rooms i've downloaded from the gallery, despite the lot being empty.
    Also I don't have that mod in my game so...
    Post edited by LeFay on
  • KoopaKoopa Posts: 85 Member
    I had that popup for a few seconds when I was trying to make the open area with my staircase. I don't have that mod so maybe it's not the mod causing issues for you?
  • AlwayOliveAlwayOlive Posts: 6 New Member
    Thanks for letting me know. I was pretty sure it wasn't the mod since I hadn't had the same issue with it beforehand. I have no idea how to solve it, though.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    From all the advice I've seen, you should turn that mod off when you aren't actually using it. It's far from problem-free yet. (Probably for similar reasons to why Maxis hasn't released an official cheat yet.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    > @luthienrising said:
    > From all the advice I've seen, you should turn that mod off when you aren't actually using it. It's far from problem-free yet. (Probably for similar reasons to why Maxis hasn't released an official cheat yet.)
    I always have it turned off when not in use since, as you said, there are still a lot of problems. However people without the mod still have the slot error.
  • ktkat427ktkat427 Posts: 144 Member
    Yup. I can still place rooms, with the exception of one. every other room works just fine.
    2f069hu.jpg
  • pboxpbox Posts: 630 Member
    Maybe that room was made using that mod?
    Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4
    I don't think so. The room was posted before the mod came out, I think, and I've been able to place it before the patch. They did use the Alt key for most of the objects, but I never have any problems with those. In the Sims 4 the Alt key is pretty much my new best friend :D
    2f069hu.jpg
    With or without the mod (I've had both while using the room) the room would place without a problem. I haven't encountered another room yet that I can't place, besides that one. The room is called "CONTEMPORARY BEDROOM" and it's by Wyz0r. I think it's cute, and I usually just transfer all the stuff from the room to a room in my houses.
    2f069hu.jpg
    There's no other problems with any of Wyz0r's other creations.
    2f069hu.jpg
  • LeFayLeFay Posts: 30 New Member
    I'm having problems with Chrillsims4 rooms from off the gallery
    > @ktkat427 said:
    > Yup. I can still place rooms, with the exception of one. every other room works just fine.

Yea i'm having the issue with select rooms. Every other room i've built works fine bar one. I rebuilt the room on the same lot from scratch and still had the error after uploading it to the gallery and trying to place it down again :/
  • ureshii_waureshii_wa Posts: 598 Member
    edited April 2015
    ''.''
    Post edited by ureshii_wa on
    edited April 2015
    ''.''
    edited April 2015
    ''.''
    edited April 2015
    ''.''
  • JemmehJemmeh Posts: 4 New Member
    Had the same issue today. Couldn't place a room I found in the gallery.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    Jemmeh wrote: »
    Had the same issue today. Couldn't place a room I found in the gallery.

Hello @Jemmeh.
    Does the room contain any items that are from a pack that you don't own? It could be causing the error message.
  • BearsoftheworldBearsoftheworld Posts: 1 New Member
    The problem could be the walls, I also had this problem. Build a quick wall if you have an empty lot, bring it up to the highest length. Try to place the room you want now. You have to set your walls to high if the room has high walls.
  • TwiggyTwiggy Posts: 995 Member
    @Bearsoftheworld Thank you for reminding me this was the problem when placing a room for a playtest. At first i thought it had to do with me using moo and enlarge on an object i don't normally enlarge. When i saw your fix, just knew i was being blonde :D
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    The problem could be the walls, I also had this problem. Build a quick wall if you have an empty lot, bring it up to the highest length. Try to place the room you want now. You have to set your walls to high if the room has high walls.

Thankyou for the helpful advice :) It will help other simmers who have similar problems placing rooms.