Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Room Challenge

Comments

• cully_ccully_c Posts: 655 Member
    Like the look of this! I'll never finish anything with all the challenges I keep starting!
  • DaemongrinDaemongrin Posts: 60 Member
    > @katoregama said:
    > Daemongrin wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Definitely. And since you're building a house the whole challenge, one step at a time, might as well make it a house you like, and can use later or share to the gallery.

Exactly my view lol. Can't wait to see more from others on there attempts of this evolving challenge.
  • AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    I wish we could build basements. I would totally make a 8x8 basement and lock my sim there.
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • katoregamakatoregama Posts: 1,129 Member
    Alnairan wrote: »
    I wish we could build basements. I would totally make a 8x8 basement and lock my sim there.

Back in Sims 3 I used to build basement houses. Like the ground floor was a horrible weed-infested shack, but below ground it's all fancy and modern. XD
    Kato, Kato, rhymes with tomato.
    Players: Check out my Sims 4 Room Challenge.
    Devs & Players: Check out my Archaeology Career Idea
  • litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    edited October 2014
    Im now at the end of week 1 in the he.ll house and these are my sims achievements for this week. I pause at midnight at the end of each day to update the spreadsheet. I seem to have forgot to out in the aspirations points for Sunday but its 1125. Im definatley saving up for something that will help keep my sim going, maybe no sleep would be good.

Her money dropped towards the end of the week for 2 reasons.

First the toilet then the computer broke so I had to buy the $1200 nanotrash bin to get rid of the rubbish, a small bin would have done for now but a point will come where she would need to leave the house to get rid of the rubbish, so I intended to get this eventually but was hoping to put it off until after the first bill came in. The bin is also a long term investment as she gets a little money ($10) each time she puts rubbish into it.

Second, she is working towards the Painter Aspiration and is on the 3rd part where she must hang 25 paintings. To be fair I could get paintings from buymode and they would count and I may have to get 5 in any case as she has to view 30, but I would rather not spend the money unless I have to. If the bills come to more than the cash I have then I will have to sell 1 or 2

week1_zpsbfab9b61.jpg

What ive learned from this first week is that any emotional based trait makes for difficulties. My sim has the non commitment trait, I thought it would make things easier. It hasn't! She is tense every single day due to this , and when tense is the overriding factor then I cant get her to paint for instance, so I have to work on bringing other emotions to the fore.

tense_zpsd4dd0d88.jpg

Ive learned how difficult it is to make any headway with social, ive barely managed to keep her social in the green for the entire week.

I discovered that having a brisk shower twice a day is really beneficial, it slows down the rate of energy decay so my sim stays awake and active longer, and it helps to override the tense emotion she has most of the time.

Im working on raising her gardening skill as this will be a massive boost to social when she can talk to plants, this is an absolutely essential skill for this challenge, and it may well have been a better decision to do the gardening aspiration first. Her only social has been chat on the computer, she has made a few penpals but they do nothing to raise social, but ive heard that penpals can send you some rare stuff in the post so I will persevere with this.

Here is her house at the end of week one, the plants have come on well and are all in Very Nice state.

10-10-14_6-53nbspPM_zps59c7c68e.png
  • AshcarrAshcarr Posts: 383 Member
    This sounds fun. I do think aging should be turned on though otherwise you will *never* fail the challenge and then it can't really be described as a challenge any more.
    I do currently have aging on for Doris that way I can track her score, but I know there are players who just want to do the challenges without having to worry about a tally.

And yeah, plants are almost a necessity. In my first 'test run' I had the Childish trait, and you can talk to the big stuffed toys to raise social. Computers are also pretty important until your Gardening skill is up higher, since Chat and Troll Teh Forums will help resolve it. Doris also has Insane, since I had that on another Sim who would talk to decorations and light fixtures while eating to raise social.

Giving her Neat was a horrible idea. In such cramped surroundings, she's getting uncomfortable every time she waters plants. Luckily I shelled out to get a better stove from the get-go. Escaping a fire would not be easy.
    Slowly but surely coming together.

i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee197/Daemongrin/10-10-14_3-22nbspPM.png
  • SirenHartSirenHart Posts: 272 Member
    edited October 2014
    Deleted
    Post edited by SirenHart on
    Interested in Resident Evil (BioHazard) Builds and Sims?
    Look for my Origin ID:
    There is no Custom Content in my game, so all uploads are 100% CC FREE!
    SirenHart wrote: »
    I know I am late to this, but I am going to give this a go. I lurked this thread until I could not take it o:)

This will be my first time ever doing a challenge. I am using Rebecca Chambers from my Catalog. I did change her from a teenager to adult and gave her one additional trait. Her traits are; genius, good, cheerful, with business savvy due to the Mansion Baron. She was a Botanist and I guess I should have kept that, then chose Mansion Baron? Well it is my first so we shall see.

If I can get off my lazy tail, perhaps I will post pictures. Just wish that were as easy as on the old forum. Too much effort now... lazy tail winning... darn you lazy tail.

Going to upload my lot too. I am not a builder. I loved what @litabelagua did with the indoor garden area, so I incorporated that idea into my build, which is also why I went with Rebecca as my Sim. I also used the mailbox idea too. Hope that was okay.

I imagine with the way I play I will end deeply in the negative as far as points go, but I am positive I can achieve the aspiration. Yeah, sure I can. :p

You can always start with a different aspiration than Mansion Baron if you want. Mansion Baron is the final goal, and you can check that one out at any time. :D I started out with the Friend to the World Aspiration and Gregarious, to provide an example. Gregarious or Business Savvy has no benefit towards the challenge whereas Quick Learner or Muser might.
    edited October 2014
    deleted
    Look for my Origin ID:
    As far I've seen getting Pen Pals will only help you complete the Postcards collection, and won't fulfill any social need. Chatting and Trolling teh forums will.

If you have a mirror you can also raise your Charisma skill, which eventually gives you more social options on the computer, such as starting a social network.
    edited October 2014
    > @SirenHart said:
    > katoregama wrote: »
    >
    > You can always start with a different aspiration than Mansion Baron if you want. Mansion Baron is the final goal, and you can check that one out at any time. :D I started out with the Friend to the World Aspiration and Gregarious, to provide an example. Gregarious or Business Savvy has no benefit towards the challenge whereas Quick Learner or Muser might.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I wish I had kept the Botanist for her, but I have her in game now and just started her planting. Next time I try to pay more attention to detail. I tell you it is the details that get me.
    >
    > I was wondering, can they have pen pals? I have not used pen pals in the game yet, so I don't know if that gives them friends or not. I would think it does, but I noticed when chatting online (in my main game) my Sims get social up but not friend status.

I've only just started messing with Pen Pals in one of my character saves and haven't made any actual friends instead they are named after their location and you can only send emails which they never reply to or I just haven't seen em and second you can request post cards for the collection buy the postcard bulletin board activity item you can place the cards on it. no social benefits I have noticed.
    edited October 2014
    deleted
    Look for my Origin ID:
  • moongodessmoongodess Posts: 1,550 Member
    Perfect time to do this one while they fix our poor male sims' faces! Have to make a new sim, because my simself has the loner trait lol
  • nualla8673nualla8673 Posts: 397 Member
    edited October 2014
    Challenge accepted!

zach_zpsf1457a28.png

10-10-14_6-20nbspPM_zps9cc722a7.png
    Post edited by nualla8673 on
    You can find my Sims 4 creations by searching my Origin ID nualla_6109.
  • SpunkyBeliSpunkyBeli Posts: 915 Member
    for social, what about chatting with other sims on the computer, is that allowed?
    First Sims 4 expansion = Wanting X tumblr_l9szamVtGc1qaj989.gif Squared
    edited October 2014
    I am now at the end of Week 2 and this is my summary for the week

week2_zps0b8bf614.jpg

This week Marie maxed out her painting skill, but her biggest achievement was raising her gardening skill to be able to talk to plants, I think that was level 4 on Monday. This was a BIG turning point, as she could now max out her social skill. Now social skill gets topped up to max every other day and she hasn't been in yellow since Monday morning. Social is now a breeze.

Also this week she has made really good progress on the Painter aspiration and now just needs to complete 3 more masterpieces in order to complete this aspiration so I am going to have to think about what her next will be. Whatever it is it needs to be a money maker. She has a healthy balance now of almost 20k but that a drop in the ocean to what she needs to become Mansion Baron. Im going to have to give this some serious thought, im leaning towards Writing next. I should think about Gardening as it will give me some easy aspiration points at her level but writing will be a cash cow and I need to milk it.

One of my worries this week was the bills, but they came in at a minimal amount of $326. Next week though will be a bigger amount as her house value has jumped up from its initial $1500 to $13066. I think bills will be about 3k this coming week.

The house got a bit of an upgrade this week. The cheap shower was breaking regularly and she really needs to be able to take a bubble bath to help with her constant tension, so I splashed out on the most expensive shower/bath combo at $2100. As I was updating the bathroom I also needed to add a mirror as she had a want to Talk herself out of her tense mood. I spent more than needed on the mirror at $375 but it was aptly named Imprisoned Vanity Mirror, so seemed quite fitting.

One thing I must upgrade is the cooker, if I have a fire it will be game over, so that's the next big purchase.

Another big leap forward this week was that she had enough aspiration points to buy the 4000 Never Weary trait, now she will become a gold farming sim, so that I can start thinking about increasing the size and value of the house. I just spotted I havnt updated aspiration points in the spreadsheet, it should now read 500

10-10-14_11-11nbspPM_zps2f8af4aa.png
    SpunkyBeli wrote: »
    for social, what about chatting with other sims on the computer, is that allowed?

Yes it is allowed and essential, you wont make any friends via the chat on computer though so its a slow process to raise your social. a tip, don't let it get too low. Gardening is the real hero here as you will be able to talk to your plants eventually
    actually, my sim, nonchallenge, was able to make friends, so this is why I ask cause the friend section won't be blank then
    I am definately going to do this tonight, I'm so excited to get started, @litabelaqua nice garden
    Just spotted that my sim is starting to look a little bit chubby these days! time to start concentrating on a daily work out I think.

weightwatcher_zpsfa52a7ba.jpg
  • moongodessmoongodess Posts: 1,550 Member
    No fresh tomatoes for salads, no strawberries... my other sims were spoiled :|
    Just finished Week 2 with Doris.

Week 1
    -6 DAYS (First Day does not subtract score.)
    Ill at Easel +5
    Fine Artist +5

Week 2
    -7 DAYS
    Brushing with Greatness +5
    Purchased "Creative Visionary" from Rewards
    doris-12.jpg
    I'm very close to topping out painting skill, though Gardening, still a ways away from 4. I went ahead and purchased a Microscope and Crafting Bench to prepare for the future. They're indoors right now, but I will most likely move them outside when not in use. You can store items outdoors if you need to. It's encouraged to build stuff outside your room to head towards that final goal. :D

Currently my goal for Week 3 is to finish off the Painting Aspiration, and start working on the handiness skill. Since 2 weeks have gone by, I'm down 13 points due to the first 24 hours being free! I made up for that by getting through three aspiration tiers, which are +5 each. I've maintained everything so far, but the number of aspiration tiers I can fully complete are limited.
    Ive now just finished week 3 and this is this weeks update

week3_zps8a49fa7d.jpg

This week has not been such a great success as the previous one, its been a bit of a slog. Marie completed the Painter Aspiration so I dove straight in to the Bestselling Author. Now im not so sure that was actually a good idea, for a start the 1st stage can be tricky, you have to get writers block. Ive had a sim get writers block really easy and others really difficult.

I thought with Marie it would be a breeze as she is always tense, but hey ho, this week she is happier, so is not getting tense so much. I tried for 2 days to get writers block, then I stopped and gave it a bit of thought. I just assumed that if I sat her down at the pc and wrote for hours on end it would just happen. No not so. Because i cannot let her social go critical, i could not rely on low social to trigger it, so then i had to think of another strategy. This time I got all her needs fully maxed except for fun which was about halfway, then sat her down to write 4 books one after the other. Bingo! when her fun bottomed out Writers block struck.

tensewriter_zps86ef5094.jpg

Thinking it through now I think a better route to take this week would have been gardening as it is going to be easy now she is at level 7 and I need those aspiration points to get steel bladder and Antiseptic. Also I could have really bashed through with painting now as my pictures are becoming more valuable as I get through them. With writing im pretty much back to square one, writing childrens books and such like. Oh well, lesson learned.

Ive added a few items to the house again this week, a better stove although not top of the range, nothing you can buy is fireproof, so I need to work on handiness to be able to upgrade. I will get the best stove when she has enough handiness skill.

Marie has put on a few pounds! and its really showing now, so daily and twice daily workouts are in order, also I need to find a packet of seeds with tomato in so I can make a salad instead of all this calorie laden stuff that comes out of the fridge. Hopefully now gardening is at 7 I can buy better seeds.

The house is looking a bit crowded , I need to start on the building soon!

I always forget one thing to add to the spreadsheet, house value this time. but not much change on that from last week at $13066

10-11-14_12-56nbspAM_zps9fcde135.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top