Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

KaylyRed's Brookvale Estate - Dutch Colonial Manor for Renaissance Sims

KaylyRedKaylyRed Posts: 309 Member
edited October 2014 in The Sims 4 Lots
BROOKVALE ESTATE

Brookvale Estate was created with the renaissance sim in mind! It has many areas for working on skills including a gym, solarium (with garden containers), sunroom with easel, two office areas, a bar, and a chef's kitchen. There's also a playroom, second living area upstairs, and two expansive porches.

There is an enormous spiral garden walk in back, with a spot for sims to rest and enjoy nature. Also plenty of space to add items for childrens' outdoor activities.

3 Bedroom (potential for 5) | 3 Bathroom | 50 X 50 Lot

DOWNLOAD: Search kaylyred in the Gallery

It's taken me a couple of weeks to build this home, but I'm very pleased with the results. Hope you enjoy it!

10_06_14_12_50_AM.png
10_06_14_12_50_AM_2.png
10_06_14_12_50_AM_3.png
10_06_14_12_57_AM.png
10_06_14_1_02_AM.png
10_06_14_1_02_AM_2.png
10_06_14_12_52_AM.png
10_06_14_12_53_AM_2.png
10_06_14_12_53_AM.png
10_06_14_12_54_AM_2.png
10_06_14_12_54_AM_3.png
10_06_14_12_55_AM.png
10_06_14_1_04_AM.png

Download the Americana Series! Sears catalog kit homes and more from 20thCentury America. Additional manors and community builds in my Showcase Thread.| Origin ID: KaylyRed

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Brookvale Estate is very nice! :) Very nice exterior of it! The roofing is very nice! Very nice outdoors areas! The spiral garden area is very nice! Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the seat, and enoy seeing the nice flowers around them The bird bath is a nice touch there. The water fountain features in the front of the build look very nice. Very nice curved roof covered front porchway entrance to the home! The texture of the exterior looks great. It looks nice how you have done the pathways. It looks very nice how you have placed the flowers, rocks and plants on the edges of the house. Great patio area for sims to enjoy cooking on the bbq and eating outdoors. Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the home! Nice music room. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the sofas there listening to the grand piano being played. It looks nice how you have plsced the music themed pictures on the wall there. The coat stand in the corner near the door is a great touch. Great design of the kitchen. The island bar stool counter is great. Sims will enjoy seeing the sunny yellow flowers on the dining table whilst enjoying eating their meals. Very nice sitting rooms for sims to enjoy resting on the seats having a chat, watching tv or reading a book. Nice window art alcove area for sims to enjoy painting on the easel or doing woodwork on the woodwork table whilst enjoying looking through the windows at the outdoors views. The fish bowl on the coffee table in the sitting area near the arts area is a nice restful sight for sims to see when sitting there. It looks great how you have done the flooring there. Nice study nook area. Sims will like sitting at the desk table there, having a read of a book from the bookcase and using the computer. It looks very nice how you have placed the cabinets around the bedhead in the bedroom! The mountain picture on the wall is calming for sims to see when going to bed. It looks great how you have used the arches through the build, both inside and outdoors. Very nice light filled solarium! The plants and flower cart there look very nice. Sims will enjoy sitting on the seats there with the sunshine coming in through the windows.
    It is a very nice home :)
  • Options
    keshialeekeshialee Posts: 533 Member
    This is a lovely build. I like how you have used the fencing inside and also the shape of the roof. It all looks amazing!
  • Options
    Thank you, @rosemow and @keshialee!
    Download the Americana Series! Sears catalog kit homes and more from 20thCentury America. Additional manors and community builds in my Showcase Thread.| Origin ID: KaylyRed

• Options
    BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    Charming home! Especially love the architecture and attention to detail in your landscaping!
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Brookvale Estate is stunning, great architecture and love the way you've designed the roof structures. Fantastic landscaping, really beautiful planting :D
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks much, @BryonyRae and @masajo. The roof was a pain, and it's the reason the build took so long (kept running into that wall bug where the game tells you the wall does not exist, or leaves roof fragments in the game). I'm glad I was finally able to finish it. :)

• Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    What a lovely house, and your landscaping is beautiful!!
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Options
    lessthanzero1013lessthanzero1013 Posts: 464 Member
    edited October 2014
    Now this needs to be in a magazine, I can definitely see why it took a lot of time considering all the details you've added to it. The Brookvale Estate is superb!! :) The outside garden is a place I'd love to sit and enjoy a cup of coffee IRL. How you made the bed in one of those bedrooms look like one of those beds that fold out of the walls is very cool..a very neat idea, I might add! Awesome work, KaylyRed! (*)
    Post edited by lessthanzero1013 on
    Feel free to add me on Origin: lessthanzero1013
    00d43057-3a6e-4d56-8f19-6ae0d13c18ba_zps7c6fa94e.jpg
  • Options
    SunnyKegSunnyKeg Posts: 98 Member
    Loads of nice things to say about this, but I really like your flower/garden area. At least for me it takes a ton of time to get plant/flower placement and terrain painting right to give an effect of a realistic-looking beautiful but not overly formal cottage garden.
    Origin ID: SunnyKeg
  • Options
    Thank you, @Tiki5872, @lessthanzero1013 and @kristinemancuso!

I enjoy gardening myself, so I have a lot of fun creating garden designs in The Sims. I don't like anything too formal, just as Kristine said. In a perfect world, I'd be enjoying a cup of coffee in a real garden like the ones we can make in TS4. But, I live vicariously. At least my sim read a book last night on the bench there under the tree. ;)

• Options
    BlueIsis433BlueIsis433 Posts: 26 Member
    Great house.
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Kayly!!!! WOW! :D I love this house! Gorgeous architecture! Brilliant job with the roof! Lovely garden too! That covered patio area with the benches looks so pretty! I will be putting this in my favourites. <3
  • Options
    DippyDesignsDippyDesigns Posts: 1,809 Member
    Absolutely stunning! What a fantastic build Kayly, well done :)
    My Origin ID is DippyDesigns

DIPPY DOODLE on Facebook

644362_1491605541100631_1472781576571833276_n.jpg?oh=c0019c8ce2de98a0158c1aba60509bc8&oe=57C1A708

• Options
    @BluueIsis433, @yanti68 and @DippyDesigns, thank you so much! Your compliments mean a lot. :)

• Options
    Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    @KaylyRed - Gorgeous x 3! Gorgeous look! Gorgeous landscaping! Gorgeous interior! So glad to see another one of your builds, KaylyRed!
    5sXtTqH.png
  • Options
    Aw, thanks @Ash072! I'm flattered. (Ash has learned the Charisma skill!) :)