Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Official The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge [UPDATED ON DEC 29, 2018]

Comments

• brusselsgriffonsbrusselsgriffons Posts: 4 New Member
    thanks for this guys not a lot of people will take 15 minutes out of their precious time to do it <3 :)
  • easypeazeeasypeaze Posts: 140 Member
    m3ggers30 wrote: »
    Are you able to use the cheat that makes your sims happy?

I don't think we are allowed to use cheats but I think every once in awhile if things are spinning out of control it wouldn't hurt. I haven't used any yet but I did get a weird glich where I spent 24 hrs off the lot trying to get cuttings from some plants(to cut down on food costs)and came back to the lot and everyones needs were in the red. I was in the process of having everyone take a nap but the game reset back and everyones needs were good and it was like I never left but still had my cuttings. I don't know if the game took pity on me or if this is a feature in McCommander either way I was good with it lol.
    It's all in the wrist
  • LuclyluLuclylu Posts: 437 Member
    Hey! I’m looking for males for my baby challenge. If you can help out click the link below to head over to my thread. Thanks!

CLICK HERE
  • spacenerdyspacenerdy Posts: 2 New Member
    Hey there! Quick question about vampires and this challenge!

My first Matriarch finally has become an elder, and I was just brainstorming with ideas on what to do with her when I move her out. I have always liked Caleb (the vampire) and the kid she had with him is my absolute /favourite/. So I was gonna get her and their kid to move in together- but then I was thinking even further. What if I made her into a vampire when she moved out? Or even, have her drink a youth potion and then into a vampire? What if all my matriarchs, once becoming an elder, drink youth potions & become vampires- thus meaning that all my matriarchs will be forever immortal? Would that be a clash because technically they'd still be "young" therefore should be the matriarch? I'm only thinking of doing it once they release the matriarch title, of course- I should technically be able to do whatever I wanted with her then, yes?

Any input would be appreciated greatly!! <3
  • delimariverdelimariver Posts: 10 New Member
    So I used to watch Sim Sugar's 100 Baby Challenge (Sims 3) on Youtube and she had her first born child stick around and help out with the household. I decided to do the same thing and make it a rule (just for my own game) that the first born daughter of my matriarch will become the helper. Kiley, my matriarch, now has 7 kids and they're ALL GIRLS (lol.) Sierra is her first born and she's now a young adult. Now I know teens can get part-time jobs, but can the young adults get the City Living work from home jobs?
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    @spacenerdy I don't think there's a problem having your elder matriarch turn into a vampire. I think as long as she is elder & can no longer bear children then it meets the rules of the challenge. Now if you're talking about having a vampire matriarch, while she's still a YA or Adult...then that's a totally different thing & I'd double check the rules in the Optional Occult Rules section. You mentioned moving the elder matriarch out with one of the kids. Is the kid a YA? If the Elder moves out with the kid & the kid hasn't reached a YA then that kid won't count toward the 100 baby count.

Anyways, hope that helps.
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    So I used to watch Sim Sugar's 100 Baby Challenge (Sims 3) on Youtube and she had her first born child stick around and help out with the household. I decided to do the same thing and make it a rule (just for my own game) that the first born daughter of my matriarch will become the helper. Kiley, my matriarch, now has 7 kids and they're ALL GIRLS (lol.) Sierra is her first born and she's now a young adult. Now I know teens can get part-time jobs, but can the young adults get the City Living work from home jobs?

@delimariver - Great question! I often wondered that too. I have a Young Adult still in the house, because my matriarch is about to die and the next matriarch isn't of age yet to take over the challenge. There's no rules on 'helpers' or 'spares'. Considering the matriarch can have a City Living career....I don't see why the YA in the house can't have a City Living career too. That's what I'm doing in my game. I figured if I had the YA get a regular job, it might be cheating. So I gave her a City Living career.
  • spacenerdyspacenerdy Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Sha2520032003 said:
    > @spacenerdy I don't think there's a problem having your elder matriarch turn into a vampire. I think as long as she is elder & can no longer bear children then it meets the rules of the challenge. Now if you're talking about having a vampire matriarch, while she's still a YA or Adult...then that's a totally different thing & I'd double check the rules in the Optional Occult Rules section. You mentioned moving the elder matriarch out with one of the kids. Is the kid a YA? If the Elder moves out with the kid & the kid hasn't reached a YA then that kid won't count toward the 100 baby count.
    >
    > Anyways, hope that helps.

Hey! Thanks for the reply!
    Yeah, the kid is Young Adult c: The title has been given up to the girl already, so I'll keep youth potioning my matriarch back to the beginning of Elder till she's old enough, so she doesn't die. (she almost did so I already had to use the potion ;; ) Thank you so much for this!!
  • delimariverdelimariver Posts: 10 New Member
    > @Sha2520032003 said:
    > delimariver wrote: »
    >
    > So I used to watch Sim Sugar's 100 Baby Challenge (Sims 3) on Youtube and she had her first born child stick around and help out with the household. I decided to do the same thing and make it a rule (just for my own game) that the first born daughter of my matriarch will become the helper. Kiley, my matriarch, now has 7 kids and they're ALL GIRLS (lol.) Sierra is her first born and she's now a young adult. Now I know teens can get part-time jobs, but can the young adults get the City Living work from home jobs?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > @delimariver - Great question! I often wondered that too. I have a Young Adult still in the house, because my matriarch is about to die and the next matriarch isn't of age yet to take over the challenge. There's no rules on 'helpers' or 'spares'. Considering the matriarch can have a City Living career....I don't see why the YA in the house can't have a City Living career too. That's what I'm doing in my game. I figured if I had the YA get a regular job, it might be cheating. So I gave her a City Living career.

Thank you for the reply! That's exactly what I was thinking just wanted a second opinion :blush: Happy simming!
  • Ashleigh825Ashleigh825 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Hey guys! Answering a few questions here. I'm not on the official forums much, so sorry about delayed responses.

1. Nope, no cheats.
    2. Young adult children can hang around and help out if you'd like them to. It's the donors that can't contribute to the household in any way, but most people prefer to move out their young adult kids to make more room in the house for more children.
    3. Check the vampires section of the rules to see details on vampires. There are no vampire matriarchs allowed in the normal version of the challenge but there are alternate occult versions of the challenge that change these rules somewhat.
  • DenimjoDenimjo Posts: 213 Member
    Quick question: I had one of my teen sims age up to young adult and then immediately expire of embarrassment. Do I get to count that sim towards my total even though he hadn't moved out yet when he died?
    Zl8Iuk9.jpg
    Denimjo wrote: »
    Quick question: I had one of my teen sims age up to young adult and then immediately expire of embarrassment. Do I get to count that sim towards my total even though he hadn't moved out yet when he died?

That is hilarious. :D But yes, if he was a young adult, he still counts! What a crummy birthday, though. Poor guy.
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    The inappropriate glitch has resurfaced in my game. It is the one where you yell at a sim in your house and you get kicked out and cannot access your house any more. I moved Samantha to a new lot and got her a woohoo shrub (lost most of her money and this is only the second day and oh yeah she is pregnant). My question is may I move in and move out donors until I get rid of the glitch? I will use the bush until the ruling is handed down.
    JACKIEJOY wrote: »
    The inappropriate glitch has resurfaced in my game. It is the one where you yell at a sim in your house and you get kicked out and cannot access your house any more. I moved Samantha to a new lot and got her a woohoo shrub (lost most of her money and this is only the second day and oh yeah she is pregnant). My question is may I move in and move out donors until I get rid of the glitch? I will use the bush until the ruling is handed down.

I've never heard of that glitch. Have you tried repairing your game?
    It's an old one. When you accuse a Sim of behaving inappropriately both Sims reset outside the walls go up and you can't use that lot anymore. They patched out but.... I haven't repaired yet because this computer is a toaster and if I leave the game I will need to shut it off for 3 hours before I can restart.
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited February 2018
    Question I don't normally play this super strictly by the rules but I was still curious I really want my founder to complete the Serial Romantic aspiration and was hopeful that having a boyfriend was alright so long as they don't actually move into the household and contribute to it? I just want to try something different for myself to try and stay interested in the challenge for longer then a few babies so giving my founder a bit of a direction other them simply having babies might help me out.

Also I know the mother/father is supposed to bring the entire family with them when they vacation but is it alright to send them up in the rocket so long as they don't have a baby in the house if they actually make it to Sixam they bring everyone with them there?
    ~ ~ ~
    3KNPen wrote: »
    Question I don't normally play this super strictly by the rules but I was still curious I really want my founder to complete the Serial Romantic aspiration and was hopeful that having a boyfriend was alright so long as they don't actually move into the household and contribute to it? I just want to try something different for myself to try and stay interested in the challenge for longer then a few babies so giving my founder a bit of a direction other them simply having babies might help me out.

Also I know the mother/father is supposed to bring the entire family with them when they vacation but is it alright to send them up in the rocket so long as they don't have a baby in the house if they actually make it to Sixam they bring everyone with them there?

Yes your matriarch can have boyfriends, just no fiances or husbands until she's an elder and moved out of the house. :) And I don't see a problem with the Sixam thing as long as you bring everyone with you. That would comply with the rules. I should warn you, though, that it might be tricky without MC. I sent my Sim to Sixam to collect all the stuff from there and she wasn't able to bring her daughter and dogs with her by selecting Bring Sim Here on the portrait. I had to place a mailbox on the alien lot using the freebuild cheat and then use MC to bring them there via the mailbox.

I'll okay that one even though it is technically a cheat. It doesn't give you an unfair advantage and you're just trying to comply with the travel rules.
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Oh thanks for the heads up. I'm not sure it's ever going to be a thing but I will keep in mind to use MC as a work around to making it work. Thanks for your quick reply!
    ~ ~ ~
    JACKIEJOY wrote: »
    It's an old one. When you accuse a Sim of behaving inappropriately both Sims reset outside the walls go up and you can't use that lot anymore. They patched out but.... I haven't repaired yet because this computer is a toaster and if I leave the game I will need to shut it off for 3 hours before I can restart.

If repairing doesn't work, move the donors in but make sure they are not contributing to the household in any way. No jobs, no selling craftables, no helping out with the kids.
    My plan was move 'em in, collect the donation and move 'em out in less than a day. But the tent and bush worked fine so no cheats needed. I won't find out if the repair worked until after work tomorrow.
  • breezydeerbreezydeer Posts: 111 Member
    Is child support from MC allowed? I just got like 8k from it and wasn't sure if that was cheating since I got so much from it.
    breezydeer wrote: »
    Is child support from MC allowed? I just got like 8k from it and wasn't sure if that was cheating since I got so much from it.

No, child support in any way, shape, or form is strictly not allowed. The donors must not contribute to the household in any way at all, financially or otherwise. Their only job is to impregnate the matriarch, then leave. They are not to have any connection to the household afterwards.
  • alyssasmilealyssasmile Posts: 10 New Member
    I did this challenge twice back in 2015, and made it to 22 kids. I'm going to start again now. How is it with Toddlers? I can imagine it must be ten times as frustrating. Has anyone done it in a City Apartment and made it work???
  • jaycravnjaycravn Posts: 17 Member
    @ alyssasmile
    i am doing the challenge in the apartment opposite the Bheeda family; if you rearrange the furniture there's enough room for the beds and a dollhouse, plus you'll get keyholders coming over all the time who can help with the childcare!
    pronouns: they/them/theirs/themself
  • Lilsnowbunny_103Lilsnowbunny_103 Posts: 1 New Member
    Are there any rule updates for people who play sims on the consoles. I play sims on The Xbox One and I was wondering what the rules for aging up the babies since you can age them up right when they are first born

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top