Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Official The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge [UPDATED ON DEC 29, 2018]

Comments

• BNS1984BNS1984 Posts: 2 New Member
    BNS1984 wrote: »
    Hi.

I was wondering if you are allowed to switch between aspirations for your matriarch, or if you can only focus the first one given to her until that one is completed? Because right now I am at a place where I cannot complete any more of the assigned aspiration without breaking the rule about her not having a job, and I would REALLY love to move on to a new aspiration that she can actually complete. And of course, if you can freely switch between different aspirations as you choose I would love to do that as well, as it will make it easier to earn those satisfaction points. But yeah - I obviously don't want to break any rules and end up cheating without meaning to, and I haven't been able to find any rules related to this.

The original aspiration you chose comes along with a trait, and I believe the trait stays when you change your aspiration, the only thing it will do is set your sim different goals, so I don't think it will do anything to jeopardise your challenge.

Thank you for your reply!

Yes, the bonus trait that comes with your original aspiration DOES stay when you choose another aspiration, and you don't get the bonus trait for the new aspiration unless you have completed the original aspiration, and you then choose a new one to replace the completed one. You get the reward trait if you complete the new aspiration either way of course, but that's it.
  • FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    Has anyone found a way to get rid of the toddlers father yet... having them stand in my lobby ( I locked them out) is really annoying!!!

This is mostly a temporary fix because they might come back. Click on the father, and form a group with them. The option to tell them to leave will be there.
  • SimplyEmSimplyEm Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm excited to do this challenge. And to shamelessly promote, I'm recording my process and uploading it! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGcW_OEBK3g (I'm a loser I know)
  • LarLynJLarLynJ Posts: 353 Member
    When are the rules going to be updated for Vampires? @Ashleigh825
  • Slasher4242Slasher4242 Posts: 30 Member
    Has anyone actually completed this challenge?

I have. I did it in 4 generations. I have started another family, but I haven't played them in a while.
  • Slasher4242Slasher4242 Posts: 30 Member
    > @Fizzstix said:
    > Slasher4242 wrote: »
    >
    > Has anyone actually completed this challenge?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I have. I did it in 4 generations. I have started another family, but I haven't played them in a while.

Dudeeee props. How long did it take you? Month? Years?
    Fizzstix wrote: »

I have. I did it in 4 generations. I have started another family, but I haven't played them in a while.

Dudeeee props. How long did it take you? Month? Years?

It took several months of playing nearly every evening. I enjoy that play style though. :smiley:
  • ChellsimsChellsims Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi everyone! In regards to the baby daddy/toddler bug, has anyone tried the "private dwelling" lot trait to keep them away? I'd love to know if that works before I commit to the 3 traits for this challenge!
  • Ashleigh825Ashleigh825 Posts: 1,102 Member
    edited June 2017
    Hey guys, it took me a loooong friggin time to update this challenge. Life got kind of crazy for me. I published a book and I've been super busy promoting it and I'm currently trying to secure a few events to make some author appearances and book signings this summer so yeah, Sims kind of took a back seat there for a while, lol.

I'm still working on an optional vampire-themed challenge but the vampire rules for the regular challenge are up, along with the rules for Parenthood. I know I had Bowling listed as Coming Soon but I really don't think that pack is relevant enough to the challenge for me to need to restrict/clarify anything so I plan to just leave that out.

As always, if you've broken a rule before an update, you don't fail the challenge. Just continue with the new rules in mind (so if you have a vampire matriarch, don't panic, just try to get a human matriarch in her place ASAP).

Also, y'all probably already know I'm really not fond of the official forums and try to stay away from them as best I can, so if I'm ever MIA, you can always just check the Google Doc in the first post. If I've updated and neglected to mention it here, all updates will still show up in that doc. I've deliberately set it up that way because I don't want anyone here who does still follow my original challenge to get left behind again. :)

EDIT: The challenge is now fully updated. Thanks for your patience, guys. I appreciate the understanding.
    Post edited by Ashleigh825 on
  • SubmarineSubmarine Posts: 3,424 Member
    @Ashleigh825 What's your book called and what's it about? :)
    I won Game of the Year in the 2nd annual Scummies Awards!
    eM56lKI.png
    Call me Sub

@Ashleigh825 What's your book called and what's it about? :)

Thanks for the interest! I'm not sure I can advertise my books on the forums, so I sent you a PM. :)
  • CalebFillionCalebFillion Posts: 293 Member
    Some forums don't mind if you plug a book as long as it is something that deals with like material. When I want to do that I always go to the discipline fiction forums and do a blurb. Sometimes you need to have a certain level but you could always ask the owners most are very nice people. I have had many bloggers showcase mine and Adams books. Good luck to you as a writer.

Now for the challenge....I started it and my darling son, who shall remain nameless got it into his head to delete a bunch of things off MY sims. He was a bit miffed with me at the time he was even more miffed after. Anyway to make a long short....I am going to start again but wondered if you had incorporated toddlers now and parenthood?
    Some forums don't mind if you plug a book as long as it is something that deals with like material. When I want to do that I always go to the discipline fiction forums and do a blurb. Sometimes you need to have a certain level but you could always ask the owners most are very nice people. I have had many bloggers showcase mine and Adams books. Good luck to you as a writer.

Now for the challenge....I started it and my darling son, who shall remain nameless got it into his head to delete a bunch of things off MY sims. He was a bit miffed with me at the time he was even more miffed after. Anyway to make a long short....I am going to start again but wondered if you had incorporated toddlers now and parenthood?

Yep! It's all in the doc. :) The challenge is fully up-to-date.
  • SonjaCopelandSonjaCopeland Posts: 65 Member
    Thank you so much for taking the effort to write these out! I have started but I may restart to write it.
  • Sims_4_Life_22Sims_4_Life_22 Posts: 1 New Member
    So it does not matter which child you choose from the original mother, to carry on with the families children??
  • LarLynJLarLynJ Posts: 353 Member
    So it does not matter which child you choose from the original mother, to carry on with the families children??

When your matriarch becomes an elder and can no longer bear children, her youngest daughter takes over as the next matriarch. If the new matriarch is not yet a young adult, you must keep your matriarch in the household until she comes of age. Once your next matriarch is a young adult, you may move out the previous matriarch to make more room in the household for the new matriarch to have children.
  • VanillaChaiVanillaChai Posts: 177 Member
    After a very long break from my challenge, I'm back with a new chapter for my 100 baby challenge! Check out my blog and let me know what you guys think. :smiley:

https://100potterbabies.wordpress.com/table-of-contents/
    Currently Playing - Generation One of the Bloom Legacy

• Sweetpooh1993Sweetpooh1993 Posts: 112 Member
    @Fizzstix I completed the challenge in four generations as well!
    [img][/img]LD5LMSt.jpg
    @Fizzstix I completed the challenge in four generations as well!

Congrats!
  • pickledsimmerpickledsimmer Posts: 105 Member
    Just started this challenge and enjoying it! :smiley:

My matriarch is Hailee Maynard and she currently just gave birth to babies 3 and 4. I decided each generation will have a naming scheme, starting with colours, and I've also decided to blog it. We will see how that goes though as I don't always get much time to play with everything going on in my life right now but I couldn't seem to stay away from the sims LOL

#1 - Auburn Maynard - Male Twin
    #2 - Ash Maynard - Male Twin
    #3 - Blue Maynard - Girl Twin
    #4 - Beige Maynard - Girl Twin

I've already started the challenge breaking one rule. I gave her a large house as I never get far sticking strictly to the rules. It's completely unfurnished and she must make enough to furnish it AND pay the bills all on her own. Speaking of which, the first set of bills should be in soon. If anything it may make the challenge a little more difficult.
    The Barrow Legacy - UPDATED 08/14
  • pickledsimmerpickledsimmer Posts: 105 Member
    Twins again! I think I may banish the On Ley Key (whatever it's called) now that I also have the fertility trait.

#1 - Auburn - Teenage Twin Male
    #2 - Ash - Teenage Twin Male
    #3 - Blue - Child Twin Female
    #4 - Beige - Child Twin Female
    #5 - Cordovan - Toddler Twin Male
    #6 - Citron - Toddler Twin Female

So far it's a tie between the girls and boys but at least that will guarantee that the next birth will be a single and bring the household up to eight! Not including if the twin boys get A's aund age up and move out by the time Hailee gets pregnant and gives birth.
    The Barrow Legacy - UPDATED 08/14
  • VanillaChaiVanillaChai Posts: 177 Member
    I have a new post up on my 100 Potter Babies blog and I'm about to check out the new toddler stuff pack! Exciting! :smiley:
    Currently Playing - Generation One of the Bloom Legacy

• Amoni__AaliyahAmoni__Aaliyah Posts: 3 New Member
    Can we use the child support feature that comes with mc command center?
  • sorrypoetsorrypoet Posts: 5 New Member
    Hi, I don't know if it was discussed in the Google Doc but can we order a pizza?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top