Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Crashing after new patch

I have uninstalled the game twice and have no mods in the folder. My computer is a gaming rig with an i7 intel processor, 16 gigs of Ram, and the Nvidia Titan which is the best graphics card on the market. Also, I NEVER had crashed before this update. Please fix this EA, I am not the only one having this issue (just look at all the threads saying the same thing) and it is NOT my computer as I can run any game on the market and this is my gaming PC....

Patches can introduce problems as well as fix them. I am only putting this here to make a record and so EA sees that several of us are having issues.

I am going to uninstall my game and reinstall it without the newest patch.

Comments

• Options
    Sasha5567Sasha5567 Posts: 66 Member
    ikr,
  • Options
    kathrynmarienkathrynmarien Posts: 239 Member
    I'm having the same problem. It crashes when I save--about 1 out of every 4-5 saves.
  • Options
    FuriosBunnyFuriosBunny Posts: 14 New Member
    I have fixed my crashing issues as of now. I uninstalled the game, and then reinstalled. Origin wasn't prompting me to update my game, so I just went to "My Library" in Origin, right clicked on Sims 4, and selected "Game Udates". My game then updated with the latest patch, and I have finally been able to get through making a sim without a crash. This may not be a permanent fix, I'll have to keep playing to decide that. But it could work!
  • Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    I have fixed my crashing issues as of now. I uninstalled the game, and then reinstalled. Origin wasn't prompting me to update my game, so I just went to "My Library" in Origin, right clicked on Sims 4, and selected "Game Udates". My game then updated with the latest patch, and I have finally been able to get through making a sim without a crash. This may not be a permanent fix, I'll have to keep playing to decide that. But it could work!

Thank you for posting this lovely.

• Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    While it might not be your specs.. it can be software conflicts or driver issues.
    Make sure you have all non needed background tasks ended.
    And also try and delete origin cache:
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-origin-cache-files/
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    JohnBlackJohnBlack Posts: 115 Member
    Yea I encountered this many times and the game was perfectly okay before the update. Only EA and their 🐸🐸🐸🐸
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    My game crashed yesterday for no reason, it just stopped I had to go in and turn it off. can't even believe this, cache files were deleted I delete them before every session!