Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Since the Patch - New Stations show as letters and numbers?

We were supposed to get 2 new radio stations, which seem to be there but are showing as codes (858bbdd7569) and not the "name" of the station such as "Scarey" or "Spooky" or whatever it's supposed to be. I have also noticed this on some items I click on, an extra option, but instead of a word or phrase it just says some stupid code, anyone else have these issues since the patch?
2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1

Comments

• Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    I havent looked yet, but the stereos are messed up.

The user MP3 music is always lower in volume than the EA music

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    Thanks @Zolt65 if you could check yours that would be great, also when I created a family, when you click the button to Save and play etc that comes up with codes too instead of save etc. If I knew whether it was just my game, I would uninstall and reinstall, I don't know what else to check in the meantime, is there anything else that got new options?
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • Chris41279Chris41279 Posts: 247 Member
    My radio shows "Listen to Spooky" not sure why it's doing that for you
  • JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    I see spooky station displayed as spooky on the radio.
    Verify your game file integrity/reinstall the game (but I'd first remove mods if there are any).
    edited October 2014
    oh dear, how do I verify my game integrity? I dont have any mods :(
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • seVenpeaceloVeseVenpeaceloVe Posts: 501 Member
    @dglbr1969 right click on your game in origin and choose REPAIR GAME. that should fix it.
    free the sims!
    http://youtu.be/Bj7wOfUwHlo <<sims 2 dane cook creepy work guy. hilarious!
    edited October 2014
    @seVenpeaceloVe thank you so much, off to try now, didn't want to have to uninstall, I'm slightly stressed the thought of my game breaking so early in the piece, thank you for letting me know a possible fix, fingers toes and eyes crossed lol
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
    nope didnt fix, going to have to uninstall, how do I save everything in my gallery please?
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • FrnstntnFrnstntn Posts: 81 Member
    I have the same thing with my game and I don't have any cc or mods its a fault with the patch I wouldn't go through the hassle of uninstalling just yet if I was you
  • DarkSlayer1331DarkSlayer1331 Posts: 429 Member
    Well since it's just a handful of people with this problem, it's not necessarily a fault with the patch. It could just be that game files got scrambled up during the process of updating. So then you can usually repair the game, and if not, then reinstalling it is the next option. Unless you have custom content or mods... do you have custom content? I know you said you don't have any mods, but custom content can do it too. Try to remove that if you have it and see if that helps. If not, then yeah, you might need to reinstall. Never fun.
  • SimsProductionsSimsProductions Posts: 432 Member
    Same here.
    glitch2.png
    Glitch1.png
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,547 Member
    Same here.
    glitch2.png
    Glitch1.png

Go into Origin and right click on your Sims4 game. There should be a dropdown menu, select "Repair Game". Voila. I had to do this once, not since this patch, but I think the prior patch. I kept getting an Error Code: invalid licence or something on that order. The long and the short of it was, I couldn't access my game! I was all about uninstalling, etc. But found this little item on the menu. (Also, before you do that make a copy of your Sims4 folder. I put mine on flash drive and also copied it into my Documents folder. Label it Sims4_backup. This way when you "repair game" it will generate a brand new folder, free of corruption. You can check it out and if all seems well, exit your game and then replace the Saves folder with your original Saves folder and your games will be intact. (For questions regarding a Vanilla [back to factory reset] restart, see Crinrict's notes.)

You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    edited October 2014
    Dglbr1969 wrote: »
    oh dear, how do I verify my game integrity? I dont have any mods :(

Its not just you, several other people are having this issue as well. Remember bugs are VERY specific so just because these other people don't have it doesn't mean you don't. It can be something as simple as the code for a specific radio causing it. In other words maybe you are using a different radio or are using is at a very specific time. Codes are very specific, thus why they aren't always caught.

If the issue is not solved please report it in the bug thread so it can get solved quickly for you ;)
    edited October 2014
    thankyou @GalacticGal and @Schantal. Crin is on holidays at the moment but I'll head over to report anyways. I have tried to "repair" and it didn't work, but I also didn't take the sims 4 folder out, is this what I do@GalacticGal? Take the whole folder out before I repair?

P.S. How do you check whether you have custom content. I did for the first time download 3 families from the gallery the day prior to put in my neighborhood cause it was dying, they said no cc, but how do I check for that?

Yes @DarkSlayer1331, reinstalling would be a bummer, not looking forward to that, I'll have to resave all the families I have made, a lot I don't upload to the gallery, oh well, at least it seems it's not just me, there has to be a common thread there somewhere, maybe we can nut it out?
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    Maybe its part of the spookiness :-D
    edited October 2014
    Dglbr1969 wrote: »
    thankyou @GalacticGal and @Schantal. Crin is on holidays at the moment but I'll head over to report anyways. I have tried to "repair" and it didn't work, but I also didn't take the sims 4 folder out, is this what I do@GalacticGal? Take the whole folder out before I repair?

P.S. How do you check whether you have custom content. I did for the first time download 3 families from the gallery the day prior to put in my neighborhood cause it was dying, they said no cc, but how do I check for that?

You can't possibly know if gallery "items" have cc or not. Or better said, if they have some content you can't obtain through normal play (maid outfit for example).

The only folder you need to backup (copy somewhere else) is this:
    C:\Users\yourprofile\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves

Before going for reinstallation, check if mods folder is empty (so there is only resource.cfg file inside and nothing else):
    C:\Users\yourprofile\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods

If it's not empty, remove everything except resource.cfg file and try the game. If only resource.cfg and nothing else is inside, go for reinstallation.
    thanks @JoxerTM22 so much for your help, not knowing how to do this is very daunting, especially since doing with Sims 3 was such an upheaval. I won't have time to do today as I'm travelling to Melbourne, but will do when I get home and report back if it works. Thanks again. Yeah, I checked earlier and the mods folder was empty, but I did take out and put on the desktop and went into game and it regenerated another one, but the problem still presisted
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
    Just saw your post @Frnstntn, I can't do anything atm anyways, will check on things later tonight before I do anything. Have you downloaded any families from the gallery in your game? just out of curiosity?
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
    edited October 2014
    Dunno what you'll be up to in Melbourne, just so you know I plain adored Old School show and I hope for the second season!!!
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3164100/
    oooops me bad, I never watched, but I just googled and they say Brian Brown and Sam Niel said they would jump at the chance for another season!! lol so I will definately watch this time round :)
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
    ok, so I guess there isn't anyone else with this problem? If nobody else comes forward I might just reinstall and see what happens, I know the gurus won't fix for just a selected few :(
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    edited October 2014
    I'm seeing these codes as tool tips when I mouse over objects that give off an emotional aura, so you're not alone, though the problem is slightly different. Haven't noticed the codes anywhere else, but then I haven't specifically looked! My legacy family is too poor at the moment to own a radio expensive enough to have the spooky station!

[edited because I am pre-coffee this morning and apparently have lost the ability to spell]
  • knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    I'm having the same problem with the new content and the odd tool tip that pops up. Not got any mods, or custom content and tried to repair files in Origin, but nothing as worked yet. I hope they release a quick fix.
  • enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    To back up your Library, also make sure to copy your Tray folder. It's a good idea really to copy all the contents of your Documents\Electronic Arts\Sims 4 folder.

You can begin by renaming your current Sims 4 folder to "Sims 4 Back-up" and then run the game again--it will create a 100% fresh new Sims 4 folder for you with all the files you need. You can then test and see if a reinstall is required.

If it is required, after reinstalling, you can begin to restore your saved games and gallery content carefully.

Generally you cannot get CC off a download from the Gallery because you would need the CC installed in your own game to be able to get it with the sim. If there is nothing in your "Mods" folder, then you shouldn't have any CC in your game. As far as I know, there hasn't been any cc developed that can pass through the Gallery without the end user downloading the custom content from the creator themselves. All custom content items on a sim should be replaced by game content that you own when you download a sim that contains any cc.

In the future, if you are interested in using CC or Mods, always take the Mods folder out of your Sims 4 folder while you apply a game update, and always make backups prior to updating your game. Here's some more tips for preventing terribly loss of sims, etc http://enkeli63.wordpress.com/2014/09/15/sims-4-technical-preparedness-plan/
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • ByronBlueByronBlue Posts: 19 New Member
    edited October 2014
    I have the same problem. But the music is spooky ;-)