Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did anyone have a garage/rummage sale in the sims 2 ofb ep?

crzy_gal_101crzy_gal_101 Posts: 1,856 Member
edited August 2015 in The Sims 2
I plan to have one in my current household, did any of you have one?
Official Katy Perry Sim: http://goo.gl/Vxo3Be
Post edited by crzy_gal_101 on

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

I always start out saying I'm going to sell all their old stuff that way- not delete it in Buy mode- but I forget and do it.

I've started a rock and bone business... from all the rocks my Sim used to dig up looking for a map or a treasure. I had one with over 12 bones and 9 rocks. It seemed like an easy and cheap way to get inventory. XD
  • AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    I used to sell the stuff they no longer wanted, but I'd get a little carried away and I continued their home business until the end of time or until my pc crashed and they were gone forever.

I used to make a "Welcome Mart." I ran a store that had everything a sim needs to start out, price everything at cheap or ridiculous cheap, and had my newbies come and buy all their furniture and appliances there.
  • canitbemancanitbeman Posts: 396 Member
    That has never occurred to me.
    in7xjb5WX7PIyv2bAPK9om-UpQ6lu50OmTOOMedFkabQlJ6WAblttI-YkjpbwbaMsZYP99rvrxYZYvusuoiZY9kgoOukGZu8miL-x4i5Vjt_4VS982WP32Goc22ldJNMZMCL6b2pKA=w2400
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    I don't do this kind of business.
    Maybe I should do that? It would be funny times.
  • DyingLightDyingLight Posts: 309 Member
    My sims 2 house has a restaurant and a store. But I never had a garage sale. Maybe I should have one, some of the things that my sims no longer use have been there since 2005. :o:D
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I plan to have one in my current household, did any of you have one?

Yes, but not like to get rid of their stuff. I build shacks in the TS2 that look like the shacks from the City Life game and the Tropico games. I built a few that had stuff up on the roof (old tire etc. lol) and basically is pretty trashy looking. But still with some sort of theme to it. The Sim I put in one of those shacks sells what is laying around in her yard. She's piled a lot of stuff out at the curb (like trash pick up day for junk) and sells those things. That's the only money she gets. I have rules in my head what remains so her lot looks the way I want it, and what she can sell. It was fun.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • sharrenuksharrenuk Posts: 7 New Member
    my sims regularly set up home business just to sell all their stuff if they are moving to another house the kids (teens) help out and gain selling/restocking/cashier skills before they are ready to start their own community lot bushinesses
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I've never done it, but it sounds like a brilliant idea!