Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Runaway Teen Challenge [Updated 03/10/19]

Comments

• StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    AngelAries wrote: »
    Hahahaha!

After Elyptica finally saved up about 3000 simoleons, she rented her first apartment and then went to the store to get some furniture. By the time she came home, I realized she forgot the stone AND toilet in lieu of a radio and tv plus single stand for both.

I'm such a random, "oh shiney" shopper.

That's so funny! I'd love to put in some kind of huge emporium type store into my games. I'm really enjoying the flea market.
  • AngelAriesAngelAries Posts: 57 Member
    It's totally do-able. :) My Teen Sim continues to not talk to adults unless they're parents of her teen/child friends, and then only at 'events' that she's invited to now that she has access to her phone again. Her apartment is almost furnished minus the pots for the flowers she's going to grow. (Decided if she wants perfect fruits and veggies to cook with for free, she'll have to earn them by spending time on the lot(s) they harvest from) She's only got a D grade, and she's almost got enough money to purchase her party fit and bar-stools so she can begin throwing parties!! (Decided for each outfit she can add one piece of jewelry that can go for any/all current outfits. IE: One bracelet for Everyday/Formal/Party.)

I'm enjoying creating something that I hope others might also enjoy. Because only buying "retail" and forgetting a Stove & Toilet made me laugh. Since I was broke, and couldn't afford either for another 24 hours. And even then it took some creative collecting after a long day at school and a 'disco nap'
    btw - sorry for the Spam. I'm just super excited! I might have actually come up with a Challenge I've not seen, that others might enjoy as much as I have!!

So after this play through, when I have all the rules, explanations, etc written up, I'm going to do one more test-run with siblings (one teen, one child) and see how that plays out. It will mean twice as much money going out to clothes, food, etc. but if it plays as well as I imagine it will, then it means this 'Challenge' is pretty versatile to the players whims, too. :)

That's so funny! I'd love to put in some kind of huge emporium type store into my games. I'm really enjoying the flea market.

I think you *can* do this, actually. So long as you do an open market and make sure to have at least one cash register, and list it as retail (also make sure to 'own' it at least once to price everything) and it should work however you like, with whatever items you choose. It just won't ever go away and change itself up like the flea market does.

And now it seems that Toddlers came out while I was sleeping, and so now I have to attempt this Challenge with a Teen/Toddler combination bc the idea is too cute to pass up. ~.~ Thankfully I have the first part of the 'P.O.R-S.' Challenge written up so I can test out the method of it. Woohoo!
    AngelAries wrote: »
    And now it seems that Toddlers came out while I was sleeping, and so now I have to attempt this Challenge with a Teen/Toddler combination bc the idea is too cute to pass up. ~.~ Thankfully I have the first part of the 'P.O.R-S.' Challenge written up so I can test out the method of it. Woohoo!

Only problem with the teen/toddler idea is you'd have to use mods that are against the EA rating... technically they could shut down this thread if we talk about it (learned that after talking about it before... opps!) so keep it hush hush.
  • OmpaLompaCutieOmpaLompaCutie Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey! I have a question about this challenge, once you have gained more money are you allowed to expand the are to build on, as in if you have enough money you can move or build outside of the 10 x 10 area. Since I want to know if I should save for when I want to expand my house or save for better items.
    Hey! I have a question about this challenge, once you have gained more money are you allowed to expand the are to build on, as in if you have enough money you can move or build outside of the 10 x 10 area. Since I want to know if I should save for when I want to expand my house or save for better items.

As far as I've seen nobody really sticks to the 10x10 area. I wrote it that way originally because in the Sims 3 version it was a 10x10 lot but there aren't any in Sims 4. The smallest lot is 20x15 I believe so I'd go for that size and forget about the 10x10 restriction.
  • SubmarineSubmarine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Buy the cheapest bed and then set your money to $0.

How do you do this? :smile:
    I won Game of the Year in the 2nd annual Scummies Awards!
    eM56lKI.png
    Call me Sub

• SimmChoolySimmChooly Posts: 93 Member
    I'm going to try this one again soon... I didn't do well the first time, it was so frustrating... and I felt so bad for my little teen sim :(
  • FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    Buy the cheapest bed and then set your money to $0.

How do you do this? :smile:

press ctrl/shift C all at the same time then in the window that opens up at the top of the screen

type in testingcheats on
    then type money 0
    @Fizzstix Thanks for explaining.

I really need to go over the original rules and see if anything needs updating. If anyone thinks of something let me know.
    @Fizzstix Thanks for explaining.

I really need to go over the original rules and see if anything needs updating. If anyone thinks of something let me know.

You're welcome :)
  • butterfly27255butterfly27255 Posts: 52 Member
    OK, I have been so bad finishing a legacy but since last year I've been doing great. Yet the only way I have been finishing my legacy is to combine all legacy altogether. I started with the asylum challenge, (Finished, halleluiah). After my sim was "cured" and ready for the world I started the homeless challenge with her. She was a young adult in the asylum and an adult as a homeless sim. She has a daughter, still trying to make ends meet. Her daughter is about to become a teen so I will use her daughter for the runaway teen challenge. I am doing the legacy challenge but I don't want to be bound to one house while I do this. My runaway teen will continue the legacy and will still live in her main home, just not while she is going through her runaway phase. (she will eventually forgive her mom, for cheating on her dad). I figure combining all the legacy in one while I get to the 10th generation was more fun. Happy Simming guys.
    @butterfly27255 I love how you're combining challenges! I've always wanted to do that.
    @butterfly27255 I did that too, but combined the tiny living challenge then went into the run away teen challenge. :D
    Update! When I originally adapted the Sims 3 rules for Sims 4 I never really thought that it would catch on and that people would follow these "rules." I was wrong. It was pointed out to me recently that they've never been updated in the over two years since I wrote them and with all of the game packs and expansion packs that have been released it really needed to be. I also made a few changes regarding the 10x10 area and a few other things. Since I no longer update my old blogger blog they have a new home on my wordpress blog here:

Runaway Teen Challenge Rules [Updated 2/24/17]

If anyone thinks of something that I missed you can comment on the blog post or on the thread here. Thanks!
    Changed the rules to reflect the 3/23/17 patch now allows us to create teen-only households.
  • MagicalPanda2003MagicalPanda2003 Posts: 79 Member
    edited August 2017
    I have just started this challenge and I love it!

You can see my attempt here (P.S. thank you for updating)

Awesome! I'll check it out. I haven't updated in a few months but I can't really imagine anything from Parenthood or Bowling Stuff or whatever the fitness one was will affect this challenge. Good luck!

awesome story telling!
  • MagicalPanda2003MagicalPanda2003 Posts: 79 Member

Awesome! I'll check it out. I haven't updated in a few months but I can't really imagine anything from Parenthood or Bowling Stuff or whatever the fitness one was will affect this challenge. Good luck!

Thank you for checking mine out. The only problems I have found is with parenthood responsibility as they don't go to school. I can see Raelyn growing up to have the irresponsible trait :smile:
    Thank you for checking mine out. The only problems I have found is with parenthood responsibility as they don't go to school. I can see Raelyn growing up to have the irresponsible trait :smile:

Oh! Thanks for letting me know. I haven't not sent a kid to school since it came out so I didn't realize that! If you notice anything else please let me know. I suppose she could buy some school projects to do at home to up her responsibility?
  • Naia0054Naia0054 Posts: 34 New Member
    I have just begun this challenge like an hour ago and it is so much fun