Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampire Code - Special Update by Xan! - 10/08/17

Comments

• RoaneRoane Posts: 204 Member
    I'm wondering the same thing about the bills. I knew that windows were being double-counted, but the patch note made it sound like there was more. My bills are at just under 12k right now, but I've got someone with the Mansion Baron aspiration and you know that's going to hike those things up.
    The Geek Shall Inherit: The Merrigan Family Legacy Challenge -- Visit us on Tumblr.
    Origin ID: Tairgire
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    edited October 2014
    OMIGOSH! I'm so excited about this new patch! Everything changes now! I really want Cedar and Timothy to be ghosts! Paris's mom, Aurora, is buried on the property, too, and she was Mesquite's best friend (shared a love of music!). Wow... it will be like a new game... I think I'll wait to see Pinstar's new rules before making new plans for where the legacy is going...
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • FloorRaisinFloorRaisin Posts: 1,340 Member
    edited October 2014
    EEEE! There are retroactive ghosts! My world has been turned on its head!
    The Wolff Legacy - whattheplum.wordpress.com - Latest update: Forward, Fast
  • RachelRosebudRachelRosebud Posts: 1,103 Member
    It's definitely a game changer! I'm even more excited for new updates in all the Legacies and stories I read... Want to see how everyone deals with ghosties! <3
    I know. I'm so excited. PLUS (and this is a big one in my little world) Nerd-brains only need to read 10 books! Yay! (I was dreading having Acacia read those last five.) Plus in my other game, my kid Simself (who maxed social skills and is now earning charisma points) will no longer want to get flirty. That was just weird!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • BlindxSecretsBlindxSecrets Posts: 652 Member
    @CathyTea your post "Thoughts on Reading (and Writing) Legacies" was beautiful and a very enjoyable read. You are completely right though, it's definitely the journey through each family that's captivating. Their losses, their loves, their heartbreak and all the little things they do that we can empathize with. I love how human the Sims seem, especially in S4, watching them grow and change....their reaction to what's happening around them. I love all of it and you nailed everything right on the head. Wonderful post. Thank you for sharing it with us. <3

On a lighter note, I loved that costume party you threw. RachelRoseBud is right, you totally need to throw another one with all the Star Wars costumes they just added. I KNOW I AM. OMG STAR WARS. *fangirls* Ahm. Moving on...that statue they won from throwing such a great party was impressive. Is it an ice sculpture or something?

I so want to see Cedar and Timothy ghosts. Not even gonna lie. Maybe if the rules are updated, it might allow us to bring one Sim back? Maybe Cedar can return! <3 Though her without Timothy....I dunno....
    The Noble Legacy (A Prettacy)
    Origin ID: BlindxSecrets
    @blindxsecrets - so funny. Just now as I was grinding coffee, I was thinking, "Maybe the rules will allow us to move in ghosts, and I'll bring in Cedar and Timothy..." (I was even writing the script about, "Something strange happened one moonlit night.") Hahaha! Then I saw your post! How fun! I miss Cedar and her animal hats so much! I'd love to have her ghosting about. Then Paris wouldn't have to do all the work! (I hear ghosts are really good housekeepers!)

The party reward--so amazingly cool! I think it is an ice sculpture, and that makes me wonder if it will melt. Gets pretty hot in the desert Southwest. (I know! I live here!)

Star Wars. We'll see. I mean, of course we'll have another costume party! Oh! Also! So funny--the night you wrote your post with little Alex Goth and the clown and hotdog was the same night I posted the post with the Incognito Costume Party in Oasis Springs--I felt like they were guests that never made it! (Following Alex was too interesting!)

@RachelRosebud and @blindxsecrets - thank you so much for your generous responses to my post on reading legacies. I've been pondering these thoughts for a few days. I've just been a little surprised at how immersed I've been in both of yours and FloorRaisin's stories--all of you write so well your stories draw me in. It makes my own gameplay so much richer to be part of this community! It's like when we were kids and we could play with plastic dinosaurs and matchbook cars (my choice) or Barbies or trolls or whatever, then get together and share the stories of our adventures!

Hmmm.... I just noticed that I have a shirt exactly like the one mysterious Ms. M. is wearing in my profile pic.

• BlindxSecretsBlindxSecrets Posts: 652 Member
    @CathyTea hahaha, ghosts make good housekeepers. I can't tell you how much I love that. When I finally get a ghost, I'm going to have to let my Sims leave stuff around the house so the ghostie relatives can clean up after them. Handsome for instance hates washing the dishes and will leave them in the most random places (the floor, the bookcase...) and whenever I force him to clean up, he breaks them. Pretty sure he does it just to spite me. Lol. I can't wait to see Cedar's ghost though, you have no idea. I wonder what color she'll pop up as....I hope it's not blue! I don't want a sadface ghost Cedar. It'll make my heart hurt. :(

LOL If it melts you have got to take a screen shot. That'll be too funny! If it doesn't.....meh, maybe we can say it's plastic? :disappointed:

Oh man, that is beyond hilarious. Two party goers in my post that didn't make it to your Sim's party. Love it. That is a funny coincidence though, isn't it? Hahaha.
    The Noble Legacy (A Prettacy)
    Origin ID: BlindxSecrets
    @blindxsecrets - I want to be able to Like and LOL your posts. It's not fair! (tempertantrum). Ok. I'm better now! Eeek! I'm so excited... I have to wait around 6 more hours until I get a chance to play...

Ok. The patch is now downloaded. Next, it's time to make supper. My boyfriend's doing the dishes tonight (BIG thank you!), so I'm looking at maybe... an hour or hour and a half, and it will be game-play time! I am publicly making a resolution not to stay up too late playing tonight or I will look like a ghost when I go to the office tomorrow. :neutral_face:

CathyTea wrote: »
    I am publicly making a resolution not to stay up too late playing tonight or I will look like a ghost when I go to the office tomorrow. :neutral_face:
    I'm fighting the temptation, too, lol, for the same reasons. Only two more days of work than the weekend! I'm hoping for some Simmie time, but I have a midterm coming up in my grad class. Have to get that done, then some relaxation time with my Sims! <3 My husband's going to have to pry me off the keyboard if he wants to spend time with me, haha! (So bad, I know. He understands, he's a gamer, too. <3.) Anyway, night all, and happy simming! I'm going to bed!

Sleep well, Rachel! :)

That update was the perfect way to introduce ghosts into your story. Seeing Cedar again, and with her exploring her home, with all the new things, and seeing Timothy! That's so awesome and sweet that they both came out together, to wander the home their children built up higher. Love that ghosts change color based on emotion. The flirty pink is my favorite. Overall, loved it! I definitely see ghosts adding so much connection between generations. <3
  • simbody872simbody872 Posts: 828 Member
    Awe too cute! It was like they never left. My founders are gone. Their headstones have lost their names so no ghosties for me. :( I played 3 or 4 sim days hoping to see one, or both appear, I didn't really think they would, but....
    A Legacy Challenge. The Benton Legacy
    A Prettacy Challenge It Ain't Easy Being Green
    This was so great. :) I'm glad they remembered their lovey-dovey feelings for one another!
    simbody872 wrote: »
    Awe too cute! It was like they never left. My founders are gone. Their headstones have lost their names so no ghosties for me. :( I played 3 or 4 sim days hoping to see one, or both appear, I didn't really think they would, but....

Oh, that's so sad. That's worth a boolprop, just to get the names back. :(

Thanks for the comments, everyone! It was a surprisingly emotional experience for me to see Cedar come back--how she was so sad until she saw Timothy, and then how she immediately became happy. And then it really surprised me how Timothy still felt the need to mourn for her, even after they'd reconnected as ghosts. It was incredibly touching to see how happy they were to see each other and how much they still loved each other. As ghosts, they were completely on free will--so everything they did was a surprise. I'm thinking that, even if the rules allow, I won't make ghosts (at least not Timothy and Cedar) playable--it's just too fun to be able to watch them on free will. Plus Cedar is really enjoying being able to choose for herself what she does!

I feel the same way about wanting to leave mine as unplayable ghosts. I had a neat experience with Buttercup's ghost on her first appearance. She went around the lot and looked at each one of her grandkids (most of them were asleep), who were all born after she died, and then went and stood behind Clem (who was preoccupied with rocket building) with a big ol' grin on her face. It really felt like she was looking at how much things had changed since she'd been gone, and was super impressed with her son's efforts! hee :)
    @FloorRaisin - That is so cool. So how do the programmers do that? How do they program the Sims so that they'll recognize their grandkids, and want to go around and check on all of them? It was so amazing when Cedar came out of the grave blue-sad, but the moment Timothy appeared she grinned and was green-happy! Awesome programming, that's all I can say! It's the AI (and AE) that intrigue me most about this game.

Oh. And bummer. Even after the patch, in my other game, my kid Simself still wants to practice pick-up lines. Yeah, no.

Three quick chapters to catch up from yesterday's playing sessions:

Chapter 17: What Goes Around

Chapter 18: Comes Around

Chapter 19: And Back Again

edited October 2014
    Lol, I've never had a Sim die at a party. Definitely, not good for the mood, lol. Acacia looks so much like Cedar. <3 Lol, evil Manzanita - awww, she got the soulmate aspiration. That's nice. Too nice for her, lol. That's definitely an interesting combination. Reminds me of Malcolm Landgraab (the way I'm playing his love story out with Cassandra. In love, but evil). Love the two rockets!! <3 Lol, late night weddings definitely shake things up.

Oh, my goodness, I can't believe the Royal Llama Tamer rolled the Gloomy Trait! Shocking! :O