Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampire Code - Special Update by Xan! - 10/08/17

Comments

• NaveenCoTNaveenCoT Posts: 29 Member
    That's a really cool story and I LOVE your screenshots! You write well :)
  • FloorRaisinFloorRaisin Posts: 1,340 Member
    Oh yay, you made a thread! I am so bad about checking for updates without being reminded, so this is lovely, hee. :D

I enjoy your sense of humor and am excited to see what the future holds for your young heirlings. <3
    The Wolff Legacy - whattheplum.wordpress.com - Latest update: Forward, Fast
  • RachelRosebudRachelRosebud Posts: 1,103 Member
    Yay, thank you so much for making a thread! I'll update my blog's Link page right away! <3 I'm part way through your Gen 2. I love them!
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    @NaveenCot , @floorraisin , @RachelRosebud - Thanks! So much fun to be able to share the weird and funny and heartwarming and shocking experience of playing a TS4 legacies with a community of Simmers!

@NaveenCot - love your profile pic!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    New chapter: The Royal Llama Tamer

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • simbody872simbody872 Posts: 828 Member
    I coulda sworn I commented on this legacy.....must have been in the main thread! Loving it so far, now off to read the latest chapter.
    A Legacy Challenge. The Benton Legacy
    A Prettacy Challenge It Ain't Easy Being Green
    @simbody872 - Thanks!

• Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    Hey, just read through your whole legacy so far. It's so interesting to see the way you play with the game. I might have to try letting one of my sims find their own love sometime. I've never done that before. It's pretty sweet that you try to give them the life they want to have. It gives me the idea to start a save in which I grant my sim's every whim.

Back to your legacy, I now have it bookmarked and will continue reading. And by the way, I love love love you captions under the pictures. My favorite was from one of the teen boys that adopted your family "You were like my third mom." Or something like that when Cedar died for the first time. I LOLed. Great legacy.
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
    Thanks, @Carewren123. I do love to see Sims live happy, fulfilled lives! Not sure how I'm going to accomplish that with an evil Sim, though! But I'll try!

That guy with the three moms--at the time, all these "Not Currently in World" families that I had consisted of one boy and two women. I thought, "Wow, Maxis! How progressive! Nice political statement!" And so I figured that Baby Babcock (truly his Maxis-given name!) had two moms. Turns out the second woman in all these families was the teen sister of the boy! Oops!

LOL that's too funny.
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:

Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
    I can't believe how crazy Chapter 9 is. Lol. Acacia getting hysterical, keeling over, rofl, then getting saved from death, and then flirting with Grimmie. Priceless, lol.
    @RachelRosebud - Acacia really is her own Sim!

I see you have your evil little sim as your avatar now. Is she growing on you? :)
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:

Well. I changed my avatar yesterday to mourning Anya, but then Anya is so weird, that I had to change it again, and so... yes, this particular photo of the little evil simster with spark of magic before her kind of tickles my fancy! But I think I'll be switching back to Cedar soon.

In chapter 10... That's too sweet that Kyler talks during woohoo, lol. I've only heard giggles mainly. I really like his wedding with Acacia. Im excited to see their baby! And yah their home lot is huge, love the views, like right on the edge of a nice plateau. I also love the poem you had at the beginning of the chapter. Love it!
    Chapter 11, lol that's so hilarious how Paris broke the dollhouse, got a sad moodlet because it was broken, yet also got a happy moodlet that he broke it in the first place. Rofl.
    Chapter 12: Aw, another Bough on the family tree, indeed. I love the name Manzanita. Never heard it before, love that you are going with unusual names. These Simmies are truly yours. <3 I love Mesquite’s lounge jacket when he was playing the piano at the party – very handsome! Chapter 13: Oh, no, the dreaded evil trait! Lol. I’m going to be playing an evil Sim, too, in my game really soon: Malcolm Landgraab. We’ll see how it goes, lol. Lol, I laughed at your “wicked thought” that Manzanita might die of need failure and spare you the Evil in the family tree, rofl. Hopefully, she doesn’t roll Goofball trait, like you said. Chapter 14: Palo Verde’s growing up so fast. I love foodie Sims, but I’ve yet to play one in my game. I love how interesting the skill branch for cooking is in the Sims 4! Are you thinking about Acacia possibly trying for one more baby before elderhood?
  • Southernbelle1283Southernbelle1283 Posts: 398 Member
    I started reading your Legacy at work today - I'm loving it so far!!
    Signature-Light-2.jpg

Origin ID: simmerdownsouth
    Twitter: @simmerdownsouth
    My Sims 4 Blog/Stories: http://www.simmerdownsouth.com/
    YouTube Channel: SimmerDownSouth
    @Southernbelle1283 - thank you! I'm having (a little too much) fun (in danger of neglecting needs in favor of game-play! Yes. Dishes DO need to be washed.) I just discovered your legacy, and I'm looking forward to reading it!

@RachelRosebud - thanks for all the comments! I know, I keep thinking, "What if Manzanita rolls goofball?" If the Royal Llama Tamer does, too, it'll all be ok, as he's the eldest. So far, Little Ms. M is A-ok. I keep her drawing, or playing piano, or on the violin almost all the time, so she's (pretty much) staying out of trouble. Baby Babcock (that friend from Mesquite's childhood) lives across the street, and he is strangely fascinated by Manzanita. He's over almost every day, helping her with homework, hanging out, and just watching. She has him under her (evil) spell.

Unless she or Kyler roll the want to have another baby, they're stopping at two. I'm pretty much a zero-population-growth type of simmer--in part because I keep moving in townies and keeping siblings at home--so there's often not room for lots of kids. Plus, I really don't want a little sibling to be there with Ms. M as a big sister. (I grew up with a big brother who delighted in others' misery, like evil Sims do! He grew up to be a really nice and kind man--still!) And plus, Acacia seems so eager to have a little more time of her own to explore science. Plus, she's going to be super busy helping Kyler achieve his aspiration of soulmate (dates and flirting--man, it's tough!). And plus, I thought maybe Anya (family-oriented) and Mesquite might want a baby, so I was saving room. Seems, no. She's not interested. Oh, well.

Just posted a new chapter, Random Daze, about nothing much in particular.

Your blog post “Thoughts on Reading (and Writing) Legacies” was truly a magnum opus in my eyes! Really made me smile and appreciate the community we all have made here on the Sims forum, with our sharing and creations and laughter. I truly enjoyed and agreed with everything you wrote. You really captured it perfectly. You’ve truly inspired me with your heartfelt words. Thank you.

Off to read Chapter 15…
    Loved the Incognito Party – haven’t done that one yet. The Royal Llama Tamer is the perfect host!! Lol, poor shoulderless Palo Verde. His arms are really spindly, too, lol. Love the astronauts <3 With you and FloorRaisin using the rocket shop so much, I’m dying to have one of my Sims try it out too. It’s very romantic, too, for woohoo, lol. Love the party reward object: is that an ice sculpture? I haven’t been able to earn a Gold at a party yet. I can never get the Sims to all listen to music at the same time, or some disaster occurs with the townie caterer. Having a family member (like your Acacia) be caterer seems like a great solution!
    edited October 2014
    Ooop! CathyTea, with the new Star Wars costumes patched in today, you have to do another Incognito Party! And they added ghosts! Omg, I wonder if Sims already dead with gravestones on the lot will get their ghost? So exciting!

Also, I wonder if Legacy rules might change... Look what I read in the Oct 1 patch notes:

"Fixed an issue where bills were incorrectly double counting objects when calculating the household value"

http://simsvip.com/2014/10/01/the-sims-4-new-game-patch-october-1st-2014/
    Post edited by RachelRosebud on
  • FloorRaisinFloorRaisin Posts: 1,340 Member
    This patch has so much to it! I can't wait to try it out.

I wonder if there will be retroactive ghosts. I hope not.. I might cry, lol.

I wonder if my bills will go down.. they're around 16K right now!
    The Wolff Legacy - whattheplum.wordpress.com - Latest update: Forward, Fast