The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Repair Game" Question...

I've been having major mouse hesitation when Sims 4 is running. Driving me bonkers. I've tried two mice that I have and bought a new one today and still have the hesitation. I've updated my graphic driver and still the hesitation. A friend on twitter suggested doing a repair game in Origin. Said she had mouse hesitation but the newest update fixed it for her.

So, my question is... will repair game delete my saves? Do I need to move them out and back in? How exactly do I do that if I need to?
p8L4V6v.png

Comments

• StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member
    I did a repair game the other day. Some one told me:
    ok few things to try, first cache files :

sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files

Then origin Cache files :
    sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-origin-cache-files

Then try to repair the game by right clicking the sims 4 in origin and selecting repair game.
    If non of the above steps work then you can reset the folder (removes all saves and all cc.)
    cut and paste the sims 4 folder (the one in documents.) to your desktop
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Thank you both!

I did try deleting the cache files. I was too scared to do the repair game, wasn't sure if I'd lose my saves. But, I did switch to my sons wired mouse and haven't had a problem since. Not ideal, but at least I can play the game again without getting so frustrated with the mouse hesitation.

Thanks again! :)
    p8L4V6v.png
  • GeniijaGeniija Posts: 3 New Member
    Will it delete my saved game
    Geniija wrote: »
    Will it delete my saved game

It shouldn't, but you can always make a copy of your Saves folder - or even better, the whole Sims 4 folder, somewhere else so you have it for backup, just in case. I do that for every game patch too.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • CATZRULZ1234CATZRULZ1234 Posts: 1 New Member
    I Have the same problems and I have treid everything reseting files,repairing the game, unstalling the game reinstalling the game please help me fix :s
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,569 Member
    I Have the same problems and I have treid everything reseting files,repairing the game, unstalling the game reinstalling the game please help me fix :s

Hello @CATZRULZ1234. Are you having problems with using the mouse? Try unplugging the mouse then putting it back in again.

Try with another mouse and see if the issue is the same .

Remove any cc/mods and see if that helps.

Check to see if there are any background programs running on your computer that may be causing issues.

When you reset the sims 4 folder, did you test the game before putting your folders back in and was the issue still there?
    Just to check that you reset your sims 4 folder, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Start a new game and test to see if the mouse issues are there. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders, testing after replacing each one to see how the game is working.

• natcatamy71natcatamy71 Posts: 1 New Member
    it dosnt let me sims 4 i go to press play it dont work how do i fix it

Could you describe the issue more? Is Play grayed out? Or can you press it but the game doesn't finish loading?

Hello.
    Log out of Origin.
    Shut down your computer completely. Start the computer again, then log back into origin,and try to launch the game and see if that helps.

If you are still having problems, uninstall and reinstall origin.

Try right clicking the origin icon on the desktop and click " run as administrator ".

• EverGreenLifeEverGreenLife Posts: 2,670 Member
    How do you even repair?
    FrAEi8Q.png
    ✣*.:。✿*゚✣*.:。✿*゚i love starry skies✣*.:。✿*゚✣*.:。✿*゚
    origin ID - egl_original
  • Kitty_1Kitty_1 Posts: 38 Member
    We all know that when games are updated and get new packs it can be exciting. It gives us chills and starts letting are imaginations run wild. So, today the topic of this discussion is..... What we would like to see in expansion/ stuff packs in The Sims 4. Let’s begin. My first topic that I would like to mention is personally I think the expansion packs that consist of supernatural, into the future, island paradise, university life, seasons, and apartment/ hotel life were amazing hits. I think it would be a huge improvement to add these to the Sims 4. However, you will need to update them and add some new features. My second topic is cars. I believe these were great, so just keep them. It would majorly improve them to look inside them. It would be more interesting than a waiting screen. The radio could play or the parents could have a chat with their kids. My next topic discusses a MAJOR problem. Where on sim land did the toddlers go? It doesn't matter where they went all that matters is that you bring them BACK. We enjoyed these children. It made the gap in age not seem all that bad. However, you guys made the children look about 7 or so we need someone in between the newborns and the 7 year old's, please change that. Next, since I am discussing age gaps, let’s talk about children to teens. There needs to be an age group between children and teen. It could be called tween, as most refer to it like this today. This age group tween could give sim lovers a chance at new and larger variety. Next, I think the idea of having sleepovers would be amazing. There could be sleeping bags, more pajama wear, and even real nail polish. Your Sims would get to experience new game play such as pillow fights, scary storytelling, kneeling on the floor, watching movies while in sleeping bags, playing truth or dare, and especially pulling all- nighters. Another thing that would improve this action, is planning parties earlier than that vary day. You could even invite them to come home with you after school. My next topic is, handshakes. I know you can do handshakes with clubs, but what about with your sister/brother or even a best friend? Next up, when you hopefully add in pets please keep Sims 3 pets while adding in pets like bunnies or snakes. It would also be neat to have farm life for your Sims. And speaking of pets you need to add in a vet for ill pets. You should also be able to take in strays. Next topic is, sports. Some sim lovers like to keep their children/tween/teens happy but also HEALTHY. In order for children to not get fat they do sports. You could consist sports along the lines of gymnastics, softball, baseball, basketball, track, volleyball, soccer, football, dance, cheer, and many others. Also, please add a grocery store and a mall. We would like to make this game as real as life. Which brings me to my next topic, restaurants. We might want a place to go to celebrate a promotion or a big win in the soccer or game or even to go just because. My next topic of business is about tree houses. Tree houses, Blanket forts, or tire swing make an amazing way to have fun. It is also a great way to spend quality family time. It would be a great pleasure to look inside the child's tree house and customize as their own. They could be fancy or just plain. The children could even invite parents/older siblings/grandparents/aunts/friends/cousins/ carry younger siblings up the ladder/ or just play by themselves. In the child's tree house they could have play kitchens with little fake stoves. They could even have these in their play room or bedroom in the house. Now speaking of children's tire swing, regular playground equipment. There would be swings, slides, sea saws, jungle gyms, and many modernized playground things. These would give us more of a park theme. Finally, my last idea for expansion/ stuff pack for the Sims 4. We have all heard and probably bought Sims 4 get to work, however what if there was a sims 4 get to school? We would start out the school day with CLOTHING. If you attended a private school you would wear a uniform. But, you wouldn't be required to wear one at public school. You would have your backpack/ shoulder bag on. You could customize your backpack/shoulder bag in Create a Sim. You would also find your school uniform there. Next we enter our second major event for the day, TRANSPORTATION. Your parent(s) would drive you, you could ride a bike, walk to school, you could catch a ride with a friend/ neighbor, or you could take the bus. However, this bus would be different. On this school bus, you would be able to go on the bus, not just your sim. When you first enter the bus you make a decision. You chose where to sit. You could sit with the mean kids, the popular kids, with a friend(s), or simply by yourself. You than would decide whether to read a book, talk, listen to the radio, or (if needed) finish homework. After that you would wait for the driver to finish up the last stops. After that, the next major event would be, LOCKERS/ CUBICLES. For age groups tween and teen you would receive your middle school/ high school locker. However, for toddlers and children you would receive a Pre-school/ elementary school cubicle. Each cubicle comes in the shape of a large rectangle with a shelf at the top and a hook for their coats. Each cubicle comes in the classroom while each locker comes on the outside in the halls. After putting their things away then comes time for their CLASSES. Each toddler would get one class and stay there all day. Each child would get two classes (Science and Math with one teacher, Language Arts and Social Studies with the other) and switch after lunch. Each tween/ teen would get 4 classes (History, algebra, Science, English) and one 30 min. study hall and one 30 min. lunch and PE for an hour two electives swapping for the one hour spot every day. The next major thing would be LUNCH. In this 30 min. time period students could get a tray or eat a lunch packed from home the night before. You can customize your lunchbox the same way you would with your backpack. After that the next major thing is ELECTIVES. With electives you would have two swapping for the hour time frame every day. You have one free choice elective ( Art, Music, Choir, Drama, Orchestra, Band, Or creative Music with guitar) and one service elective ( Working in Cafeteria, Working in Library, Working in Janitorial Services, Working in the nurses office, and many others.) After this you would continue your day until you get to another major topic, Physical Education. During Physical Education you can choose to run laps, play doge ball, play lists of sports, hide out behind the bleachers, or fake an injury. After that throughout your day you will come across you study hall during this you can study in the library or in other locations. After that you day will continue until you reach the end of the day. At the end of school you can chose to stay behind and join a school club, tutor, be tutored, watch a spots team practice, or you can go home. School clubs consist of Chess Club, Art Club, Garden Club, Drama Club, Safety Patrol crosswalk personal, Or joining the news team for the announcements for the next day. I hope you all enjoy my ideas for expansion/ stuff pack for the Sims 4. Please try and corporate these ideas into the Sims 4 next expansion/ stuff packs. Thank you all for reading this.
    Kitty_1 wrote: »
    We all know that when games are updated and get new packs it can be exciting. It gives us chills and starts letting are imaginations run wild. So, today the topic of this discussion is..... What we would like to see in expansion/ stuff packs in The Sims 4. Let’s begin. My first topic that I would like to mention is personally I think the expansion packs that consist of supernatural, into the future, island paradise, university life, seasons, and apartment/ hotel life were amazing hits. I think it would be a huge improvement to add these to the Sims 4. However, you will need to update them and add some new features. My second topic is cars. I believe these were great, so just keep them. It would majorly improve them to look inside them. It would be more interesting than a waiting screen. The radio could play or the parents could have a chat with their kids. My next topic discusses a MAJOR problem. Where on sim land did the toddlers go? It doesn't matter where they went all that matters is that you bring them BACK. We enjoyed these children. It made the gap in age not seem all that bad. However, you guys made the children look about 7 or so we need someone in between the newborns and the 7 year old's, please change that. Next, since I am discussing age gaps, let’s talk about children to teens. There needs to be an age group between children and teen. It could be called tween, as most refer to it like this today. This age group tween could give sim lovers a chance at new and larger variety. Next, I think the idea of having sleepovers would be amazing. There could be sleeping bags, more pajama wear, and even real nail polish. Your Sims would get to experience new game play such as pillow fights, scary storytelling, kneeling on the floor, watching movies while in sleeping bags, playing truth or dare, and especially pulling all- nighters. Another thing that would improve this action, is planning parties earlier than that vary day. You could even invite them to come home with you after school. My next topic is, handshakes. I know you can do handshakes with clubs, but what about with your sister/brother or even a best friend? Next up, when you hopefully add in pets please keep Sims 3 pets while adding in pets like bunnies or snakes. It would also be neat to have farm life for your Sims. And speaking of pets you need to add in a vet for ill pets. You should also be able to take in strays. Next topic is, sports. Some sim lovers like to keep their children/tween/teens happy but also HEALTHY. In order for children to not get fat they do sports. You could consist sports along the lines of gymnastics, softball, baseball, basketball, track, volleyball, soccer, football, dance, cheer, and many others. Also, please add a grocery store and a mall. We would like to make this game as real as life. Which brings me to my next topic, restaurants. We might want a place to go to celebrate a promotion or a big win in the soccer or game or even to go just because. My next topic of business is about tree houses. Tree houses, Blanket forts, or tire swing make an amazing way to have fun. It is also a great way to spend quality family time. It would be a great pleasure to look inside the child's tree house and customize as their own. They could be fancy or just plain. The children could even invite parents/older siblings/grandparents/aunts/friends/cousins/ carry younger siblings up the ladder/ or just play by themselves. In the child's tree house they could have play kitchens with little fake stoves. They could even have these in their play room or bedroom in the house. Now speaking of children's tire swing, regular playground equipment. There would be swings, slides, sea saws, jungle gyms, and many modernized playground things. These would give us more of a park theme. Finally, my last idea for expansion/ stuff pack for the Sims 4. We have all heard and probably bought Sims 4 get to work, however what if there was a sims 4 get to school? We would start out the school day with CLOTHING. If you attended a private school you would wear a uniform. But, you wouldn't be required to wear one at public school. You would have your backpack/ shoulder bag on. You could customize your backpack/shoulder bag in Create a Sim. You would also find your school uniform there. Next we enter our second major event for the day, TRANSPORTATION. Your parent(s) would drive you, you could ride a bike, walk to school, you could catch a ride with a friend/ neighbor, or you could take the bus. However, this bus would be different. On this school bus, you would be able to go on the bus, not just your sim. When you first enter the bus you make a decision. You chose where to sit. You could sit with the mean kids, the popular kids, with a friend(s), or simply by yourself. You than would decide whether to read a book, talk, listen to the radio, or (if needed) finish homework. After that you would wait for the driver to finish up the last stops. After that, the next major event would be, LOCKERS/ CUBICLES. For age groups tween and teen you would receive your middle school/ high school locker. However, for toddlers and children you would receive a Pre-school/ elementary school cubicle. Each cubicle comes in the shape of a large rectangle with a shelf at the top and a hook for their coats. Each cubicle comes in the classroom while each locker comes on the outside in the halls. After putting their things away then comes time for their CLASSES. Each toddler would get one class and stay there all day. Each child would get two classes (Science and Math with one teacher, Language Arts and Social Studies with the other) and switch after lunch. Each tween/ teen would get 4 classes (History, algebra, Science, English) and one 30 min. study hall and one 30 min. lunch and PE for an hour two electives swapping for the one hour spot every day. The next major thing would be LUNCH. In this 30 min. time period students could get a tray or eat a lunch packed from home the night before. You can customize your lunchbox the same way you would with your backpack. After that the next major thing is ELECTIVES. With electives you would have two swapping for the hour time frame every day. You have one free choice elective ( Art, Music, Choir, Drama, Orchestra, Band, Or creative Music with guitar) and one service elective ( Working in Cafeteria, Working in Library, Working in Janitorial Services, Working in the nurses office, and many others.) After this you would continue your day until you get to another major topic, Physical Education. During Physical Education you can choose to run laps, play doge ball, play lists of sports, hide out behind the bleachers, or fake an injury. After that throughout your day you will come across you study hall during this you can study in the library or in other locations. After that you day will continue until you reach the end of the day. At the end of school you can chose to stay behind and join a school club, tutor, be tutored, watch a spots team practice, or you can go home. School clubs consist of Chess Club, Art Club, Garden Club, Drama Club, Safety Patrol crosswalk personal, Or joining the news team for the announcements for the next day. I hope you all enjoy my ideas for expansion/ stuff pack for the Sims 4. Please try and corporate these ideas into the Sims 4 next expansion/ stuff packs. Thank you all for reading this.

Woah why so much writing in one big block??

Does anyone know how u even repair??
    FrAEi8Q.png
    origin ID - egl_original
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    edited February 2016
    Kitty_1 wrote: »

Woah why so much writing in one big block??

Does anyone know how u even repair??

@EverGreenLife On Origin, right click on Sims 4 and Repair game should be in the menu that pops up.

I didn't read the big wall of text, it's too much on my eyes and make them hurt. :(
    p8L4V6v.png
    edited February 2016
    How do you even repair?

Hello
    To repair the game, go to the My Games section of origin and right click on the sims 4 picture there. Clibk repair.
    Happy Simming! :)
    rosemow wrote: »
    How do you even repair?

Hello
    To repair the game, go to the My Games section of origin and right click on the sims 4 picture there. Clibk repair.
    Happy Simming! :)

Oh OK, Thanks!!
    FrAEi8Q.png
    origin ID - egl_original
  • CoolSims121CoolSims121 Posts: 9 New Member
    ok... so i was having a problem playing without internet (even though i always play with no internet) so i repaired the game but its been two days and it still says its "installing", but i dont know what its installing and its taking FOREVER!!! i have patience but not THAT much!
    ok... so i was having a problem playing without internet (even though i always play with no internet) so i repaired the game but its been two days and it still says its "installing", but i dont know what its installing and its taking FOREVER!!! i have patience but not THAT much!

Hello
    Try logging out of origin , then shut down your computer completely. Restart the computer, log into Origin, and see if that helps your issue.
  • Hipplofthepink784Hipplofthepink784 Posts: 3 New Member
    Hey if I repair my Sim's 4 will it restart everything? Im scared that it will delete everything including my saved world.
    edited February 2018
    Hey if I repair my Sim's 4 will it restart everything? Im scared that it will delete everything including my saved world.

Hello
    Repairing the game doesn’t affect your save game. It just checks the sims 4 game files against an online database and corrects any errors.
  • AmbitiousSimer77AmbitiousSimer77 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello fellow simers .. I have one question .. by getting new packs for instance the jungle adventures pack or laundry pack does it automatically fix my update issue because I can’t play my sims because it is apparently not up to date so by getting the latest packs will that help me ?
    Hello fellow simers .. I have one question .. by getting new packs for instance the jungle adventures pack or laundry pack does it automatically fix my update issue because I can’t play my sims because it is apparently not up to date so by getting the latest packs will that help me ?

Hello @AmbitiousSimer77
    You will still need to update your game, even if you buy the latest packs. Log into Origin, right click on the sims 4 icon in Games library, and click check for updates. Then update your game then,
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,565 Member

What exactly us this update issue you're having?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif