Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

@SimGuruModSquad: Manage Household Menu - Portrait Loading

@SimGuruModSquad, is there an "event" that is accessible outside of the C API that I can hook into for the Manage Household menu? Specifically the part when it starts generating the portrait for the households?
[Sims 4 Cheat Resource] || [My Mods - Base Game] || [My Mods - Expansions]
[Lifetime Skills || Set Age || Full House ||Persistent FullEditMode || Persistent TestingCheats || DayWalker Vampires]

I'm now on Twitter. I'd love it if you joined me there :)

Comments

• SimGuruModSquadSimGuruModSquad Posts: 597 Member
    Hi there. There isn't really a way to hook into the Manage Household menu on the python side since that is more of a UI operation than gameplay.
  • TwistedMexicanTwistedMexican Posts: 652 Member
    Hi there. There isn't really a way to hook into the Manage Household menu on the python side since that is more of a UI operation than gameplay.

I was afraid of that. I've PM'd you an explanation, on the off chance there's something you could do your side.
    [Lifetime Skills || Set Age || Full House ||Persistent FullEditMode || Persistent TestingCheats || DayWalker Vampires]

Hey TM. Following up on this: The problem you were having with this mod was that the game crashes in Household Management when there were > 8 Sims in the household. This was because our thumbnail code was not happy with having more than 8 sims in the household. A fix is progress and will let you know when it is released.
    Hey TM. Following up on this: The problem you were having with this mod was that the game crashes in Household Management when there were > 8 Sims in the household. This was because our thumbnail code was not happy with having more than 8 sims in the household. A fix is progress and will let you know when it is released.
    Great, that's what I figured :) Oddly 9 sims would still make it but after that, down went the game.

Thanks again for taking the time to look into it!

Hey TM, this is fixed in Pools (1.2.16.10), released today 11/04/2014.

Wonderful! Thanks so much for fixing it!

• splizzmochsplizzmoch Posts: 62 Member

Sounds great... so... this to say that we can have >8 Sims in a household - but is there a new cap value?

Also, (slightly off-topic) you mentioned that the thumbnail generation code was reluctant to play nicely - but I assume this is either not integrated with, or has nothing to do with the in-game screenshot viewer? Even since the Pool Update, the viewer takes a nail-dragging long time to behave when you have more than a few dozen screencaps.

I was just wondering if this is the viewer's fault or if it was related to thumbnail generation. (600 screenies will lock the game up for 2-4 minutes on a very fast machine though the game runs like quicksilver on Ultra settings with uncompressed sim textures enabled!)
    edited November 2014
    Sounds great... so... this to say that we can have >8 Sims in a household - but is there a new cap value?
    The thumbnail code will now cap itself at 8 Sims, so it does not matter to that particular code how high you go. I don't know how high you can go before another issue is encountered.
    Also, (slightly off-topic) you mentioned that the thumbnail generation code was reluctant to play nicely - but I assume this is either not integrated with, or has nothing to do with the in-game screenshot viewer? Even since the Pool Update, the viewer takes a nail-dragging long time to behave when you have more than a few dozen screencaps.

I was just wondering if this is the viewer's fault or if it was related to thumbnail generation. (600 screenies will lock the game up for 2-4 minutes on a very fast machine though the game runs like quicksilver on Ultra settings with uncompressed sim textures enabled!)

Yeah that will be an unrelated issue. I'll get our testing team to see if they can reproduce that.
  • devildevil Posts: 3 New Member
    > @SimGuruModSquad said:
    > Hey TM. Following up on this: The problem you were having with this mod was that the game crashes in Household Management when there were > 8 Sims in the household. This was because our thumbnail code was not happy with having more than 8 sims in the household. A fix is progress and will let you know when it is released.

@SimGuruModSquad
    I think this issue is back, and it has something to do with portrait generation. Any mod which allows 8+ sims in a household is causing a crash while saving it. If you use "save as" it will try to generate a portrait, and after awhile, it will crash.
    > @devil said:
    > > @SimGuruModSquad said:
    > > Hey TM. Following up on this: The problem you were having with this mod was that the game crashes in Household Management when there were > 8 Sims in the household. This was because our thumbnail code was not happy with having more than 8 sims in the household. A fix is progress and will let you know when it is released.
    >
    > @SimGuruModSquad
    > I think this issue is back, and it has something to do with portrait generation. Any mod which allows 8+ sims in a household is causing a crash while saving it. If you use "save as" it will try to generate a portrait, and after awhile, it will crash.
    >
    >

@SimGuruModSquad
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited November 2017
    devil wrote: »
    > @SimGuruModSquad said:
    > Hey TM. Following up on this: The problem you were having with this mod was that the game crashes in Household Management when there were > 8 Sims in the household. This was because our thumbnail code was not happy with having more than 8 sims in the household. A fix is progress and will let you know when it is released.

@SimGuruModSquad
    I think this issue is back, and it has something to do with portrait generation. Any mod which allows 8+ sims in a household is causing a crash while saving it. If you use "save as" it will try to generate a portrait, and after awhile, it will crash.

Is that true in MC Command Center too? It's been updated. To my knowledge, no other 8+ household mods have been updated for the patch.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    Yes, i posted this on deaderpool's discord server. I went through all the possible options such as removing cc/all other mods and trying 50/50. then i tried twistedmexi's mod as well as claudiasharon's mod(both of them allow 8+ sims in a household). All showed same result- crash while saving.

so they asked me to provide them my save file, and after checking my save file, deaderpool confirmed it on his discord server and said that it has something to do with EA's code unable to handle it. I ran some tests and found that the game is not generating portrait for a 8+ sim household. That's what causing the crash.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    I had a crash yesterday while generating the thumbnail for the household with 10 Sims. The second time it didn't crash, but the thumbnail had two Sims in the T pose and they were clipping through each other.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    devil wrote: »
    Yes, i posted this on deaderpool's discord server. I went through all the possible options such as removing cc/all other mods and trying 50/50. then i tried twistedmexi's mod as well as claudiasharon's mod(both of them allow 8+ sims in a household). All showed same result- crash while saving.

so they asked me to provide them my save file, and after checking my save file, deaderpool confirmed it on his discord server and said that it has something to do with EA's code unable to handle it. I ran some tests and found that the game is not generating portrait for a 8+ sim household. That's what causing the crash.
    Got it. Thanks!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    @SimGuruModSquad

Is there any chance the thumbnail generation can be cap to 8 Sims again? The crash issue still persists since it resurfaced last year.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png