Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Workaround for XML and Patch 25.09?

@SimGuruModSquad
Has there been any alteration with yesterday's patch to fix the issue with XML resources being accepted inside a .package file, or is the workaround fix with unpackedmod yada yada still necessary?

Comments

• SimGuruModSquadSimGuruModSquad Posts: 597 Member
    Hey there. Yesterday's patch does not fix the XML issue, and so the workaround is still needed. Sorry, I will let you guys know when the fix is released.
    This is now fixed with the 10/1/2014 patch.
  • pboxpbox Posts: 630 Member
    What version number is that (the 10/1/2014 patch)? Can't check since I'm not on the machine that has the game installed, but would like to update the info for the tuning mods I have published ..

@SimGuruModSquad would it be possible to add the version numbers to the official patch notes here http://help.ea.com/en/article/the-sims-4-updates/ ? That wold be helpful for troubleshooting in general, since people can look that up more reliably than remember when they've last downloaded a patch.
    Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4
    The new patch is 1.0.732.20.

Good point, version numbers have been added to the official patch notes. Thanks.
    @SimGuruModSquad - This is OT, but since you seem to be able to edit the patch notes (or get someone to edit them), maybe can fix a typo as well? It’s “casclockspeed” not “cas.clockspeed” (Cheats/Assets, last bullet point). This was caught a couple hours ago in our Help forum.

Also, thanks! Specifically from the easily confused Europeans (for whom 10/1/2014 was in January =P )
    Thanks, I'll get the cheat name fixed.
  • lauriej0823lauriej0823 Posts: 411 Member
    so do I understand we do not need to add this to the resource.cfg file any longer DirectoryFiles unpackedmod autoupdate
    and if so can we also delete the unpackedmod folder? I ask because I am listing all of the mods that are being created in one thread on a forum I belong to.

thanks
    edited October 2014
    Yes you can delete that if all you used the folder for was reading XML out of packages. It was only a temporary workaround.