Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game crashes constantly - tried everything!

Okay in all seriousness I need help! I can't get in more than 10 minutes of gameplay at all since the last update. I have deleted all of my saves except for one. I have uninstalled and re-installed the game, restarted my computer, deleted all of my CC (which was only 2), repaired the game through origin 5 times, and removed all unnecessary items from my laptop. I have an HP Pavillion - Windows 7. 35GB free on my C drive... I don't know what else to do. Help!!! I want to enjoy my game, coming up with the money to buy it was not easy :( I had NO problems with crashing before the update so I know its not a graphics issue. All my settings are set to low and I have laptop mode enabled.

Comments

• colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    Have you tried uninstalling then installing Origin again? (Do not worry, your saves, games, etc. will still be there)
  • ajgisgkcgajgisgkcg Posts: 29 Member
    no I will try that now
    nope didn't help it crashed again
  • fungamer2fungamer2 Posts: 40 Member
    I'm getting the same problem. My game was running very smoothly before the patch. Now it crashes after only 5-20 mins of gameplay.
  • Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    fungamer2 wrote: »
    I'm getting the same problem. My game was running very smoothly before the patch. Now it crashes after only 5-20 mins of gameplay.

same here....after 20 minutes...crash

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • ArcreosArcreos Posts: 1 New Member
    Yep, I'm getting exactly the same thing. I can load in to a game but as soon as I move the camera, or do anything really, it crashes. I'm 100% positive that there is nothing wrong with my install, or my PC, or my drivers, or my save files. I've also tried a number of fixes and had no success. Was there an update last night or this morning? As that's the only thing I can see that broke it for me.

Playing for nearly 40 hours until this hit.

In case it's needed, my relevant PC specs are:

Intel 4770K CPU
    Nvidia 780ti GPU
    16GB RAM
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Try refreshing the game folder in My Documents. If you follow these instructions, you won't lose your game doing it: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling/
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • mmnby2mmnby2 Posts: 47 Member
    I keep getting random crashes all the time too. My last one was 3 minutes after loading my house, which defeats the purpose of even opening the game. I've tried all the same things as the OP, as well as "refreshing the game folder." I hope they fix this soon so we can actually play.
  • Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    Had to total reinstall; reinstall origin
    made sure my saves were NOT in the cloud
    started new vanilla game
    no crashes after 1/2 hour

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Java_JoeJava_Joe Posts: 21 Member
    Getting this same problem now too. I've reinstalled the game twice. I did refreshing game folder thing that luthienrising suggested. I've tried playing offline, nothing seems to work. After refreshing the game I was able to play for over an hour without it dropping to desktop, and now it's dropping every 10-15 minutes, and I can't save the game frequently enough to make any progress.

Prior to this latest patch I never had any issues, and have over 200 hours played logged. So I seriously doubt it's my system, more than likely this latest patch added something that is bugging the game out. Would be nice to actually get a response from a dev on this, especially considering this is the tech forum.

Have fun :)!
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    Java_Joe wrote: »
    Getting this same problem now too. I've reinstalled the game twice. I did refreshing game folder thing that luthienrising suggested. I've tried playing offline, nothing seems to work. After refreshing the game I was able to play for over an hour without it dropping to desktop, and now it's dropping every 10-15 minutes, and I can't save the game frequently enough to make any progress.<br />
    <br />
    Prior to this latest patch I never had any issues, and have over 200 hours played logged. So I seriously doubt it's my system, more than likely this latest patch added something that is bugging the game out. Would be nice to actually get a response from a dev on this, especially considering this is the tech forum.<br />
    <br />
    sorry to hear, first thing that comes to mind is grpahic settings, have you reviewed to see if changed since updating also see http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-troubleshoot-crashing-and-freezing-issues/

• cale2003cale2003 Posts: 2,802 Member
    i havent had that issue, which is odd since if theres a problem like this happening im usually ALWAYS one of the ones who gets the problem :|
    PC Specs:
    Asus ROG GL753VE-BS71 17.3 inch
    Intel Core i7 7700HQ 2.8-3.8GHz
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 TI 4GB
    6685561181.png
    Rogers Ignite 70u internet
    Can someone walk me through removing all of my saves to a vanilla folder so I can try reinstalling one more time?
  • tarynkaybtarynkayb Posts: 60 Member
    I'm having the same problem, so hopefully you can find a fix!
    ajgisgkcg wrote: »
    Can someone walk me through removing all of my saves to a vanilla folder so I can try reinstalling one more time?

Here's a walk-through: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling/
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • HakariJaideHakariJaide Posts: 3 New Member
    It's doing the same exact thing to me. Hope there's a fix.
    Judging by the number of people reporting this same issue, I would say it is not something any of the known "quick fixes" are going to abate. It is a bug that needs to be patched by Maxis/EA. Sorry but I am thoroughly convinced now it is not our systems that are the issue. Then again it seems kinda @%!* that there is no response from the devs in this thread with at least an "We are aware of it and are working to correct it". Apparently customer support and tech support are not synonymous at EA.

• LOVE_LOCKDOWNLOVE_LOCKDOWN Posts: 324 Member
    This is so unfair. I dont want to re-install my game. For the price everything should work. I really upset right now!
    http://sir-greendown.tumblr.com/
    2i0aybc.jpg

To find these sims4 creations type SOULB1 under origin ID.

• MaryJosMaryJos Posts: 4,935 Member
    edited September 2014
    "Stupid" comment but have any of you cleaned the inside of their computers ? Too much dust can act as insulation that causes heat and eventually crashes... Maybe it could work for some people.... I did mine and it still crashes but maybe it could help someone else...

And as far as EA commenting that they are aware of this - keep dreaming :P They rarely do that.... I was kind of hoping that they would have something better this time around but no... The Sims 4 looks like it's based on the Sims 3 witch was extremely buggy and never fully patched to work properly...
  • SuniroseSunirose Posts: 460 Member
    People, if you do what luthienrising suggested and read crincrits link about refreshing your folder, you really might start making some progress toward a crash free game.
    The thing is Sunirose some of us (I can only speak for myself here) have refreshed their folders and the game is still crashing 20 minutes later. In my case I've not only reinstalled the game twice, refreshed my folders to original setting twice, deleted my game and origin cache files, I play offline, and have origin shut off when playing, and tried just about every other solution to abate this issue and it is still happening. I play for 20-30 minutes and the game crashes. All my drivers are up to date, the game is patched up to date, and my system is well within the guidelines for proper game play.

It should also be noted again that prior to the latest patch I had well over 200 game hours logged with no problems of this nature whatsoever. So it is without question an issue that was introduced with the latest patch and not a user related issue. We can white knight for EA and suggest solutions for the issue till the cows come home, but the fact remains until EA/Maxis recognizes the issue and elects to address it and fix it, the problem is not going to be going away any time soon.

The thing is Sunirose some of us (I can only speak for myself here) have refreshed their folders and the game is still crashing 20 minutes later. In my case I've not only reinstalled the game twice, refreshed my folders to original setting twice, deleted my game and origin cache files, I play offline, and have origin shut off when playing, and tried just about every other solution to abate this issue and it is still happening. I play for 20-30 minutes and the game crashes. All my drivers are up to date, the game is patched up to date, and my system is well within the guidelines for proper game play.<br />
    <br />
    It should also be noted again that prior to the latest patch I had well over 200 game hours logged with no problems of this nature whatsoever. So it is without question an issue that was introduced with the latest patch and not a user related issue. We can white knight for EA and suggest solutions for the issue till the cows come home, but the fact remains until EA/Maxis recognizes the issue and elects to address it and fix it, the problem is not going to be going away any time soon.<br />
    <br />

If the game will run only x long for you then crashes, you might be dealing with gradual hardware failure.
  • cale2003cale2003 Posts: 2,802 Member
    The thing is Sunirose some of us (I can only speak for myself here) have refreshed their folders and the game is still crashing 20 minutes later. In my case I've not only reinstalled the game twice, refreshed my folders to original setting twice, deleted my game and origin cache files, I play offline, and have origin shut off when playing, and tried just about every other solution to abate this issue and it is still happening. I play for 20-30 minutes and the game crashes. All my drivers are up to date, the game is patched up to date, and my system is well within the guidelines for proper game play.<br />
    <br />
    It should also be noted again that prior to the latest patch I had well over 200 game hours logged with no problems of this nature whatsoever. So it is without question an issue that was introduced with the latest patch and not a user related issue. We can white knight for EA and suggest solutions for the issue till the cows come home, but the fact remains until EA/Maxis recognizes the issue and elects to address it and fix it, the problem is not going to be going away any time soon.<br />
    <br />

If the game will run only x long for you then crashes, you might be dealing with gradual hardware failure.

Hi,
    Yes this could be the case. Your hardware might be having problems.
    PC Specs:
    Asus ROG GL753VE-BS71 17.3 inch
    Intel Core i7 7700HQ 2.8-3.8GHz
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 TI 4GB
    6685561181.png
    Rogers Ignite 70u internet
  • zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    edited September 2014
    cale2003 wrote: »
    <br />
    <br />

Hi,
    Yes this could be the case. Your hardware might be having problems.

Haha I seriously doubt it.

I think the part where he says he has over 200 game hours logged is significant. It's a HUNCH o.k. But @Java_Joe, are you adding back your old saved game files? Unfortunately with sims 3, and now 4, patches and EP's / SP's render previous saves unplayable.

Edit: Which kind-a sux because people become attatched to their ongoing played game etc.

I saved my old sims 2, and 3 sims , houses etc in sims 2 packs that at least could be reinstalled that way. With this game I don't think that's possible.

• zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    edited September 2014
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/781962/random-crash-to-desktop-possible-cause-and-possible-solution/p4

@Java_Joe, page 4 of this thread has some interesting info and solutions. Duplicate sims in neighborhood and deleting them stops the crashing.

Edit: Also you can say EA needs to address and fix it and Of Course no one would disagree! However good luck with that if you're waiting to play - just sayin'.