March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cow Plant Death?

I recently, about 4 or 5 Sim days ago got a Cow Plant seed. I planted, it grew I fed it 2x a day and yet it died anyway! What?! There's not a whole lot written on the life span or w/e on the Cow Plant so I wondered if anyone knows about the life expectancy and if there's a way to prolong the plants life as the other plants don't die unless you neglect them for a few days. My poor Moo-Bell, that's the name I gave her.

Comments

• ArchDArchD Posts: 338 Member
    You need to feed your Cow Plant in order to keep it from dying. Trying to feed it when it isn't hungry won't work; the Cow Plant will refuse the meat your sim offers it. It will only eat after it has stuck its cake tongue out. After that, if you wait long enough not to feed it, you will have a cool skeleton instead of a killer plant.
  • ferret9005ferret9005 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Dang I nee d to find one of those.
  • biglil711biglil711 Posts: 162 Member
    Yeh mine turned to a statute worth 24 simoleans :(
  • girlpwngirlpwn Posts: 46 Member
    Aww mine just died after not feeding it for one day!!! Keeping it in my front yard, warn the neighbors lol
  • mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    Could it be that if you have set the life span of your sims on short, the plants life span change with it? Just asking
  • Clarkie100Clarkie100 Posts: 1,708 Member
    I think Cowplants need feeding every 12 game hours. I'm not sure on the life expectancy.
  • Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    mikmaker wrote: »
    Could it be that if you have set the life span of your sims on short, the plants life span change with it? Just asking

I thought there was no short lifespan setting.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    I fed it and mine still died. Planted several, they all lasted exactly 3 sim days. Maybe mine was bugged...
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    mikmaker wrote: »

I thought there was no short lifespan setting.

if you go yo settings, you can select gameplay and there is an option to change the lifespan of your sims: short, normal or long.
    I wonder if the lifespan of your sims influence the lifespan of the plants
  • pelayodsovb6pelayodsovb6 Posts: 78 Member
    the cow plant can die? O_O
    I just know. I haven't got any cowplant yet, I don't find it :P
  • AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    edited December 2014
    ArchD wrote: »
    You need to feed your Cow Plant in order to keep it from dying. Trying to feed it when it isn't hungry won't work; the Cow Plant will refuse the meat your sim offers it. It will only eat after it has stuck its cake tongue out. After that, if you wait long enough not to feed it, you will have a cool skeleton instead of a killer plant.

You can feed it just before it sticks its tongue out. I've been keeping mine alive like this. Every time I feel like there's been a while since the last time I fed it or saw the cake, I try to feed it. Sometimes it accepts the food, sometimes it doesn't.
    I fed it and mine still died. Planted several, they all lasted exactly 3 sim days. Maybe mine was bugged...

Try feeding it more frequently. I figured the cow plant only sticks its tongue out when it is VERY hungry, so I try to feed mine every now and then and not only when it is sticking its tongue out.
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • RacerX780RacerX780 Posts: 475 Member
    There is a mod on MTS that extends the length of time it takes for them to be hungry and/or die. I had a couple die rather quickly, IMO, so I added the mod. Now he's ok if it's a few days between feedings.
  • Cassandra52182Cassandra52182 Posts: 525 Member
    I honestly found that if I feed my cow plant about 3 times a sim day, even if it doesn't have the cake out, and let it eat my sim about once a week it stays alive a while, it's been about 3 sim weeks and it's going strong.
    yqCsdo8.gif
  • hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    If you play with it a lot it'll take food before it sticks the cake out. I think you have to try to feed it like three times a day and it won't stick it's tongue out for cake. I think at that point it's starving and you have 12 hours to feed it.

The one in my avi was used to when I was trying to get a sim to complete the public enemy aspiration.

Her neighbor, the sim in my avi, was always over feeding and playing with it, so it never got hungry enough to eat any sims. It was a funny story fail, actually. :)
  • Whos_SheWhos_She Posts: 1 New Member
    There IS a way to save your sim from the cow plant, but you have to be quick, you have to plead to the reaper as much as you can, normally if its a child sim the pleading works better, pity maybe?
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    I really appreciate how helpful you're being but please don't necropost in extremely old threads. I'm going to go ahead and close off this thread now, If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top