Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aging Up Early in Sims 4?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I've had this issue. What I found is that the cheesecakes and tiramisu even though they look like cakes, will not give the birthday option. Also, I found that if the kid can't add candles but the adults can, I can have the adults add the candles and the kids can still blow them out. Maybe try that? If not maybe repairing the game will work. Earlier I had to exit the game and reload and repair. Sort of a pain, but it did the trick. Hope this helps some.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    Callianne74Callianne74 Posts: 59 Member
    Make sure the cake is in a place where they can reach it, I have had issues with cakes when they place them in the wrong place on a table and then they can't add the candles. If you move it to a counter or right to the end slot of a table where there is no chair, they should be able to interact with it properly.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Make sure the cake is in a place where they can reach it, I have had issues with cakes when they place them in the wrong place on a table and then they can't add the candles. If you move it to a counter or right to the end slot of a table where there is no chair, they should be able to interact with it properly.

This. Everytime I've had problems with cakes it's because of bad placement. Sims can blow the candles when sitting in a chair, but it can be tricky to get everything right. So safest choice would be what suggested above :smile:
  • Options
    LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    My game is currently only allowing the Clean Up, Put in Inventory and Take a Piece options to appear regardless of the circumstances. Can anyone help? I don't want my sim to die immediately after aging up through cas.fulleditmode

Hello @Citaro_Pheonix
    Are you able to put candles on to the cake? You need to put candles onto the cake so as the sims can blow them out.

Some simmers have been having issues with the birthday candles. There are a few things to try doing to see if helps if you also are having issues adding candles to cakes.
    Move the cake to the fridge. Then manually move it out of the fridge, put it on a counter/table and see if the issues remain.
    Try putting the cake on different counters/tables/surfaces and in different positions on the surfaces and see if that helps. It can help if the cake is in the middle of the surface, not on the edge.
    Make sure that the cake is on its own on the table, with no build/buy mode items with it.

Funny I had this issue the other day! Something that worked for me was going to another lot (though i guess that follows the above thought process of moving the cake XD)
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    LunaNova wrote: »
    rosemow wrote: »
    My game is currently only allowing the Clean Up, Put in Inventory and Take a Piece options to appear regardless of the circumstances. Can anyone help? I don't want my sim to die immediately after aging up through cas.fulleditmode

Hello @Citaro_Pheonix
    Are you able to put candles on to the cake? You need to put candles onto the cake so as the sims can blow them out.

Some simmers have been having issues with the birthday candles. There are a few things to try doing to see if helps if you also are having issues adding candles to cakes.
    Move the cake to the fridge. Then manually move it out of the fridge, put it on a counter/table and see if the issues remain.
    Try putting the cake on different counters/tables/surfaces and in different positions on the surfaces and see if that helps. It can help if the cake is in the middle of the surface, not on the edge.
    Make sure that the cake is on its own on the table, with no build/buy mode items with it.

Funny I had this issue the other day! Something that worked for me was going to another lot (though i guess that follows the above thought process of moving the cake XD)

Hello
    It is good that going to another lot helped with the issue in your game.
  • Options
    IceColdPrincesIceColdPrinces Posts: 6 New Member
    I started with this issue today. I tried moving lots (I had wanted to move anyway) and in the end, the issue was with the cake being on the table. I dragged it to the counter and the issue was resolved.
  • Options
    EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    I'm glad dragging it to the counter fixed it @IceColdPrinces and thanks for sharing it with others having the issue too :) I'll close this thread as you've necro'd an old discussion but your fix will be here for other simmers to see and try too.
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top