Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will this game ever work???

I have tried everything with the help of EA/Orgin to get Island Paradise to work, this has been going on for over a year! I just purchased a new gaming pc ( Alienware, by Dell) which has more than enough to run this. My patch is the lastest, 1.67. Is EA going to refund the people like me, who Island Paradise is not working for? I would really like to know what is the solution to this? Can somebody please help???

Comments

• Options
    MunchyMunchy Posts: 513 Member
    I saw many reviews regarding glitches and lags etc. right after I bought this game last night. Before my installation, I downloaded all necessary/ suggested mods or replacement world but I still couldn't get it to work properly. I am SHOCKED that this has been going on for more than a year? Insane and definitely unacceptable!
  • Options
    jconnerjconner Posts: 5 New Member
    I refuse to purchase anymore games until there is a workable solution to this! It does play well for some but not others, regardless of the extreme of your pc.....I have had EA techs trying to work this out for way to long. I want a full refund for Island Paradise!!!
  • Options
    MunchyMunchy Posts: 513 Member
    As much as I want to congrats you for boycotting, I don't think it'll make any difference. :(

Especially when they have just released the Sims4, that's probably their focus right now!
  • Options
    jconnerjconner Posts: 5 New Member
    Thank you Munchy.....your probably right :'(
  • Options
    hyperbolehyperbole Posts: 197 Member
    If it's lagging, there is a fix......I'll see if I can find the thread on it.......my game was unplayable, but once i started removing the 3 Amigos house, the Medina house, and the port where the Rubisel houseboat is docked, it's been MUCH better......some of the houses have bathrooms sims get stuck in, too.......fixing those will made it lag even less, hardly at all anymore
  • Options
    chrstal27chrstal27 Posts: 22 Member
    > @Munchy said:
    > As much as I want to congrats you for boycotting, I don't think it'll make any difference. :(
    >
    > Especially when they have just released the Sims4, that's probably their focus right now!

I am boycotting EA as well due to to atrocity they left behind in sims 3 and from what I can tell, this rip off of a game sims 4. Never paid full price for anything in sims 3 and refuse to buy any more of EA's products. One may not make a difference, but many might.
  • Options
    RRArtieRRArtie Posts: 204 Member
    chrstal27 wrote: »
    > @Munchy said:<br />
    I am boycotting EA as well due to to atrocity they left behind in sims 3 and from what I can tell, this rip off of a game sims 4. Never paid full price for anything in sims 3 and refuse to buy any more of EA's products. One may not make a difference, but many might.

I find nothing wrong with the functions in IP. Diving works and is fun, uncharted islands work and are interesting. However, the world is fraught with routing problems, that I have never been able to fix. I recommend you play a world made by users. Some of the best are by @RFLong7 such as Legacy Island III and several other islands worlds . I also have a IP type world and worked a month to remove routing issues. Some still occur. Small dogs continue to get caught in Varg's Tavern and horses are always getting caught somewhere. Possible the travel from island to island is not in their ability.

IP runs best when you have just booted up. Don't do other applications or internet until after you have finished with Sims. This seems to remove some of the lag. I also have removed Into the Future which seems to contribute to lag.

Hope this helps.