Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NEW: Suffolk Manor (English Tudor)

KaylyRedKaylyRed Posts: 309 Member
edited September 2014 in The Sims 4 Lots
SUFFOLK MANOR

I've been making smaller period homes since I started playing TS4 (see my signature for those), but thought I'd go off-course a little and play with making a larger Tudor style home. This is the result. Hope you enjoy it!

Bedrooms: 4
Bathrooms: 3
Special features: Music Room, Garden

#Tudor, #English, #Mansion

[Contains a couple CC items.)

NOTE: The guest/children's bedrooms have basic furnishings so they're livable, but await your customization. :)

09_22_14_8_39_AM.png

09_22_14_12_01_AM.png

09_22_14_8_40_AM.png

09_22_14_8_41_AM.png

09_22_14_12_26_AM.png

09_22_14_12_28_AM.png

09_22_14_12_29_AM.png

09_22_14_12_29_AM_2.png

09_22_14_12_29_AM_3.png

09_22_14_12_30_AM.png

09_22_14_12_31_AM.png
Download the Americana Series! Sears catalog kit homes and more from 20thCentury America. Additional manors and community builds in my Showcase Thread.| Origin ID: KaylyRed

Comments

• simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member
    This is gorgeous!! The gardens, especially, are so, so pretty! Love the music room and the kitchen, too (I'm so happy they gave us some older era appliances in the base game.) This is truly lovely work. :)
    KGLsNuM.jpg
  • FischioFischio Posts: 319 Member
    Really nice work on your tudor manor house :D I really like the back garden <3
  • xale90xale90 Posts: 209 Member
    Beautiful! I like the exterior a lot and the interior is decorated nicely. I like the garden area too. Nice work again:)
    Bjork-animated-fix3sec_zpse5f5950f.gif ModernMansionDesign_zps90f720d8.gif Modern-House-Design_zpsf4076eb9.gif GJmTYrF.gif nfh_zps4d3443dd.png
    Click on each image to see the house
  • tdewdtdewd Posts: 927 Member
    I love a good Tudor, and because I actually happen to live in Suffolk (woo!), I had to take a look after seeing what you named this house. ;-) It does not disappoint!

You've chosen some well thought out exterior wall treatments, and your roofing is great too. I love the garden you designed at the back - a nice little hideaway corner there for sitting. I like, too, the tall trees you planted up against the side of the house. For some reason, to me, it makes the house look older, which is probably a desired trait in this instance. Very nice work!
  • AsmodeusesWifeAsmodeusesWife Posts: 240 Member
    Beautiful home and I love the landscaping. :)
    Its better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that
    you're stupid, than to open it and remove all doubt.
    asmodeuseswife.blogspot.co.uk/
  • david0736david0736 Posts: 59 Member
    Really loved looking at the pics, thanks for sharing. very nice build!
  • TfbobTfbob Posts: 747 Member
    Really great build, KaylyRed! I really like the landscaping, especially the curved stone path. Beautiful! :)
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    It is a beautiful house! I love the garden too! :D
  • ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    A fantastic lot, just gorgeous, KaylyRed! The house, the garden, everything looks great! :D
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • KaylyRedKaylyRed Posts: 309 Member
    @ahholladay, @Fischio, @xale90, @AsmodeusesWife, @david0736, @Tfbob, @yanti68, @ehaught58 - Thank you all for your very kind comments. Some of you I know to be great builders, so I'm flattered!

@tdewd - I'm glad this Tudor didn't disappoint. Suffolk Manor is a name I just pulled out of my head because I wanted something quaint and English. I live in the US, so I don't have quite as much exposure to the "real thing" when it comes to Tudors. (My best friend lives in Greenwich, but she lives in a row house. ;) )
    Download the Americana Series! Sears catalog kit homes and more from 20thCentury America. Additional manors and community builds in my Showcase Thread.| Origin ID: KaylyRed

• CalisaneCalisane Posts: 61 Member
    Gorgeous build. I love the kitchen
    Origin ID Calisane
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Suffolk Manor is a very nice home! :) Very nice exterior of it! The dormers are great and it looks very nice how you have done the windows in the build! Very nice front entrance area to the house! Nice colour and texture of the exterior. It looks nice how you have placed the hedge fencing around the sides of the lot. It looks very nice how you have placed the flowers through the outdoors areas! Very nice outdoors sitting area for sims to enjoy sitying resting on the seat bench under the tree, enjoying the nice floral surroundings. The water fountain in the front area of the home looks nice. Great back patio area for sims to enjoy cooking on the bbq and eating their meal at the table, enjoying being outside in the outdoors air. The sun decor item on the wall there is a nice touch. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! Nice pattern that you have used for the dining room walls, and the type of dining sests you have used looks nice. The teaset on the dining table is a nice touch. It looks great that you have an archway going through to the kitchen from the dining room. Very nice design of the kitchen! It looks very nice the type of and how you have placed the kitchen cabinets and counters in the room! The living room is very nice! Very nice type of and placement of the curtains there. The flowers on the table behind the sofa are very nice for sims to see whilst sitting resting on the sofa there. Sims will enjoy sitting there watching tv in front of the fire. The type of seating and the lamps you have placed there suit the home very well. Very nice music nook area! Sims will enjoy sitting on the sofa near the musical instruments, enjoying listening to the music being played. It is great that sims can play the different instruments together there. Very nice window alcove sitting area in the master bedroom.
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    I agree with everyone else. Beautiful build and gorgeous garden!

kim :)
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Chris2fer03Chris2fer03 Posts: 650 Member
    Stunning home with a beautiful kitchen! :)
    Gallery ID: chris2fer03
    ~Showcase Thread~ ~Photobucket~
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
  • lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    Wow! Now, that's a true English manor! I love it! I wish I had time to do a story for Sims 3 & Sims 4. If I did, I'd definitely use this beautiful home! Fantastic job!
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    Beautiful build, Kayly! I particularly love the architecture and landscaping!
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • lessthanzero1013lessthanzero1013 Posts: 464 Member
    Absolutely beautiful KaylyRed!! I especially love that kitchen. (*)
    Feel free to add me on Origin: lessthanzero1013
    00d43057-3a6e-4d56-8f19-6ae0d13c18ba_zps7c6fa94e.jpg
  • htairchix3htairchix3 Posts: 875 Member
    Lovely build! (*)
  • BlueIsis433BlueIsis433 Posts: 26 Member
    Lovely house and garden.
  • Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    @kaylyred - Wow! Two new builds I haven't seen from you! Great work on this one. Again, though, I have to say your landscaping really takes the cake! In each one of your builds I can see the time, patience, and creativity you took to get it "right" for you. Looks amazing!
    5sXtTqH.png
  • Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    Gorgeous home! I love the different textures you used on the front of house, especially in that first picture! Your landscaping is always so well done!! Just beautiful!!
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • HunnysuckleHunnysuckle Posts: 12 New Member
    I'm a nut for Tudor homes, this is very beautiful. Everything is gorgeous! All I can say is beautiful, beautiful, beautiful... lol.
  • KaylyRedKaylyRed Posts: 309 Member
    @Calisane - Thank you! I want that kitchen in my own house. ;)

@rosemow - Sweetie, thanks as always for your very thoughtful and detailed comments. We all appreciate you very much.

@kimjo313, @Chris2fer03 - Thanks! <3

@lovesstorms - Love your username! (I love storms, too. I'm an amateur storm spotter for the National Weather Service. hehe) I'd love it if you had time to use my home in your game. :D

@BryonyRae, @lessthanzero1013 - Thanks so much! I love your builds, as well, so that means a lot.

@htairchix3, @BlueIsis433 - Thank you! :D

@Ash072, @Tiki5872 - Wow, thanks! I really do like to spend some time on landscaping. I wish it were as easy to make gardens like this in real life. ;)

@Hunnysuckle - Thank you! Tudor homes are some of my favorites, too. Can't wait for real Tudor wall textures in TS4. ;)

• Rc_shabbaRc_shabba Posts: 183 Member
    awesome work, I really like it B)